OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Talk Sports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   Why was the Vázquez thread removed? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306692)

jpeters1734 09-18-2019 02:26 PM

Why was the Vázquez thread removed?

It didn’t violate any terms of service and everyone was civil. Why was it removed

CONN CHRIS 09-18-2019 02:39 PM

I moved it to the OOTP Off Topic subforum titled 'OT Debates". The talk sports forum does not need a discussion about lowering the age of consent to 13 or 14.

David Watts 09-18-2019 03:10 PM

I always wonder how many folks even know that subforum exists?

jpeters1734 09-18-2019 03:24 PM

I don’t even have that sub forum available to me.

Wouldn’t it have been easier to simply remove the political comment with the purpose that it’s not related to the sports topic rather than moving the entire thread to a place where no one can access it?

There’s very real baseball implications on this story

Cobra Mgr 09-18-2019 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4537952)
I always wonder how many folks even know that subforum exists?

I've known it exists. I have no idea how to reach it. For which I'm glad. The OT forums I usually see end up being a quagmire of racism, insults & the habitat of every ignoramus that possesses an electronic keyboard.

David Watts 09-18-2019 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr (Post 4537962)
I've known it exists. I have no idea how to reach it. For which I'm glad. The OT forums I usually see end up being a quagmire of racism, insults & the habitat of every ignoramus that possesses an electronic keyboard.

You have to subscribe to it. It's under User CP, Group Memberships.

Cobra Mgr 09-18-2019 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4537970)
You have to subscribe to it. It's under User CP, Group Memberships.

Thanks. Like I said...........

David Watts 09-18-2019 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cobra Mgr (Post 4537984)
Thanks. Like I said...........

Just figured I would mention it, in case Jpeters wanted to find it.

Rizon 09-18-2019 05:51 PM

If we debate the Debates forum any more, then this thread might end up there :D

Westheim 09-18-2019 06:16 PM

It was a clear removal candidate the second someone started bringing up his libertarian viewpoints.

Better to move/close this one too...

low 09-18-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4538026)
If the OP doesn't know why it was moved, you'll have a hard time explaining it to him. It was a clear removal candidate the second he brought up his libertarian viewpoints.

Better to move/close this one too...

The OP wasn't the one who brought it up, FYI.

Westheim 09-18-2019 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by low (Post 4538045)

Ack. Guilty as charged. I should go to bed.

jpeters1734 09-18-2019 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by low (Post 4538045)

This is now a discussion on forum moderation. The moderator effectively deleted the original post, placing it a largely unknown sub forum is effectively deleting it. That was wrong to do as it was a legitimate topic.

I didn't see any of the comments that took the thread off topic, but just remove the comments instead of removing the thread entirely. Then send a polite DM that the comments were removed due to the offensive nature of the comment.

Let's act like adults and not the thought police.

jpeters1734 09-18-2019 08:53 PM

Alright so the topic went off the rails after my post so I kind of get it. but still could have just removed the posts and posted a message saying to keep it sports related

cephasjames 09-19-2019 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpeters1734 (Post 4538077)
This is now a discussion on forum moderation. The moderator effectively deleted the original post, placing it a largely unknown sub forum is effectively deleting it. That was wrong to do as it was a legitimate topic.

I didn't see any of the comments that took the thread off topic, but just remove the comments instead of removing the thread entirely. Then send a polite DM that the comments were removed due to the offensive nature of the comment.

Let's act like adults and not the thought police.

A legitimate sports topic? Eh. Just because its a professional athlete doesn't mean its a legitimate sports topic. It's a personal issue of a person that happens to be a sports persona. And it was a thread that, understandably, went quickly off-topic. If you'd like to keep the topic sports-related then have at it. Here's a thread to do so. :)

EDIT: Sorry, didn't see the thread you started. :D