OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   Taking Immersion to a whole new level - Facegen comes to FHM2! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=256688)

Cole 07-06-2015 08:09 AM

Taking Immersion to a whole new level - Facegen comes to FHM2!

For those who love fictional games - or extending real-life games into the future - there are few additions that will be more exciting than Facegen in Franchise Hockey Manager 2.

Let's face it, a generic cartoon-y face isn't going to allow you to get fully immersed in your players or game world.

Facegen comes to the Franchise Hockey Manager series for the first time in version 2, so let's take a look.

To start, we have front office Facegen, so once you create your character in game you'll have a nice picture - team hat and all - to illustrate that.

http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/FHM...s/Facegen1.png

But of course, where Facegen will really shine is with players. Here's a look at what a player in free agency/before initial draft/without a team looks like:

http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/FHM...s/Facegen2.png

There's of course a wide variety of different player models, all of which change dynamically through the game.

http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/FHM...s/Facegen3.png

And don't like the look of one of your players? As seen above, there's a myriad of options available to change or tweak to your heart's content.

Can anyone say, playoff beard??

http://misc.ootpdevelopments.com/FHM...s/Facegen4.png

Coming up tomorrow in part 2: A first look at how Facegen players look once on a team, including goalies, what customization options are available for team jerseys and the impact of age and size on a Facegen player.

Afino 07-06-2015 08:35 AM

Those poor pinheads

Cole 07-06-2015 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afino (Post 3891052)
Those poor pinheads

The heads look pretty ... head-shaped to me... No?

Afino 07-06-2015 08:48 AM

They look a little small compared to the body.

Cole 07-06-2015 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afino (Post 3891060)

Ahh.. Well they are wearing hockey jersey/gear, but noted. Facegen is still getting tweaked as well, I should have put that disclaimer in. Everything here is subject to change.

beezer2434 07-06-2015 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3891061)
Ahh.. Well they are wearing hockey jersey/gear, but noted. Facegen is still getting tweaked as well, I should have put that disclaimer in. Everything here is subject to change.

Would the facegen picture be able to be moved up a bit to reveal the jersey logo?

checkyoursixx 07-06-2015 10:28 AM

Moving the facegen up a bit to even reveal just a bit of the logo would be great. If it can't be done then not a big deal.

I believe the biggest tweak needs to come from the head shape to body shape. Understandable that the players are wearing the equipment, but it still feels like it's not proportioned properly. It's as if they are all wearing goalie equipment.

Either way though, great job on the facegens. Glad they will be apart of FHM 2.

AlpineSK 07-06-2015 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afino (Post 3891060)

I think its the size of the shoulders.

tward13 07-06-2015 10:47 AM

Shoulder pads definitely look more goalie-like. Need to make them smaller for skaters.

AlpineSK 07-06-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tward13 (Post 3891104)
Shoulder pads definitely look more goalie-like. Need to make them smaller for skaters.

I thought the same thing.. Maxim.. the RW.. I thought Goalie as soon as I saw the picture

Cole 07-06-2015 11:18 AM

I will gather all these suggestions and take them to the men of action to see what can be done. Thanks guys.

Hockey13Playa 07-06-2015 12:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Also worth noting when hockey players take there pre-season photo they don't have gear on, all that they wear usually is an undershirt with the jersey over it. So realistically OOTP's model may work; obviously the jersey layer being tweaked for hockey but you get what I mean :p

I added a photo below for example; and then like OOTP you could have the option to zoom in or out so you can see more of the jersey with the teams logo on the front.

Benoit256 07-06-2015 01:16 PM

...we're never going to get this game. Like being in class and the teacher is ready to dismiss but there's always a half dozen asking questions for another hour. There's plenty of time for fine tuning after we start playing and find some things that will be seriously wrong. It's like, I guess, what is often said, "you're never going to please everybody."
...Stones said,
"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need"

Perceptor 07-06-2015 01:50 PM

Thanks for the pics. They look a little strange, but appreciate that it's not a final product.

Cole 07-06-2015 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hockey13Playa (Post 3891139)
Also worth noting when hockey players take there pre-season photo they don't have gear on, all that they wear usually is an undershirt with the jersey over it. So realistically OOTP's model may work; obviously the jersey layer being tweaked for hockey but you get what I mean :p

I added a photo below for example; and then like OOTP you could have the option to zoom in or out so you can see more of the jersey with the teams logo on the front.

Well, as you'll see with tomorrow's screenshots, the players once on team are in helmets too, so having the gear in that case kind of makes sense.

Smetana 07-06-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3891153)
Well, as you'll see with tomorrow's screenshots, the players once on team are in helmets too, so having the gear in that case kind of makes sense.

I think facegen photos without headgear look notoriously bad as a general rule. I agree with Cole, the player pics with helmets and team jerseys look much better.

And we'll have a great opportunity for talented modders to work up some sweet jerseys.

Cole 07-06-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smetana (Post 3891155)
I think facegen photos without headgear look notoriously bad as a general rule. I agree with Cole, the player pics with helmets and team jerseys look much better.

And we'll have a great opportunity for talented modders to work up some sweet jerseys.

Way to ruin one of my big surprises for tomorrow's post :p Although I suppose people could probably have figured that out.

nichimanen 07-06-2015 03:26 PM

1 Attachment(s)
To be fair this is what hockey players look like geared up. I can see having the shoulders altered for historical play, but the facegen is pretty spot on for players of this era.

Garethw87 07-06-2015 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Benoit256 (Post 3891145)
...we're never going to get this game. Like being in class and the teacher is ready to dismiss but there's always a half dozen asking questions for another hour. There's plenty of time for fine tuning after we start playing and find some things that will be seriously wrong. It's like, I guess, what is often said, "you're never going to please everybody."
...Stones said,
"You can't always get what you want
But if you try sometimes you just might find
You get what you need"

Surely after the problems with FHM 1, you can understand why FHM 2 is taking it's time to be released.

chey 07-06-2015 06:13 PM

I'd also vote for no helmets in facegen -- it's not the way players actually take their promo photos, and it's going to make everyone look awfully similar.