OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   Questions from a Casual Hockey Sim Player on FHM2 Features (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=255522)

WIUPIKE 05-29-2015 05:46 PM

Questions from a Casual Hockey Sim Player on FHM2 Features

Will any of the following be in FHM2?

1. Expansion, I know I heard it mentioned for the patch of FHM1, so is it safe to assume it will be in 2?

2. Ranking of draft prospects. Top 100, 200 or any ranking (Central Scouting not own scout)?

3. Ability to see scout and coaches recommended position ratings among players and prospects.

Lord PichuPal 05-29-2015 08:19 PM

I can't give a firm answer to the 2nd and 3rd questions, but I know I've seen the draft question asked many times in other topics. I'm sure someone else can answer that anyway. But in regards to the expansion, yes, that will be included in FHM 2. I've seen that one confirmed for sure in other topics, up to 2 expansion teams per off-season.

Cole 06-01-2015 07:24 AM

Yes there is expansion.

You get a top 25 list from your own scout for the draft.

Players do have a position rating for each position, yes.

Orioles1966 06-01-2015 07:57 AM

Will it be a one time expansion only or will it be available for more than one season?

Can every playable league have expansion? Does the minor league automatically expand if the Major League does?

What's the most teams per Fictional League(including expansion) ?

Hank1974 06-01-2015 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3876324)
Yes there is expansion.

YES!!!
This alone will make the purchase worth while.

I've been bugging EA for a long, long time to add multiple position ratings.

I'm on pins and needles awaiting the release of FHM2.

Speaking of which, it was mentioned that testing still had to be done on Mac and Steam.
Does this mean that a Mac version won't be available upon initial release, or that you're simply testing it now to make sure it's good to go?

Thanks!

Sebastian Palkowski 06-01-2015 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank1974 (Post 3876334)
YES!!!
This alone will make the purchase worth while.

I've been bugging EA for a long, long time to add multiple position ratings.

I'm on pins and needles awaiting the release of FHM2.

Speaking of which, it was mentioned that testing still had to be done on Mac and Steam.
Does this mean that a Mac version won't be available upon initial release, or that you're simply testing it now to make sure it's good to go?

Thanks!

They will be all available at the same time. With testing I don't mean the actual game but the stuff that is different from each other, e.g. the installer or copy protection. All this is thankfully handled by Andreas.

Hank1974 06-01-2015 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 3876337)
They will be all available at the same time. With testing I don't mean the actual game but the stuff that is different from each other, e.g. the installer or copy protection. All this is thankfully handled by Andreas.

Thanks for the speedy response.
If I may, one more question?

Will Mac/PC users all be allowed to partake in the same online leagues regardless of architecture or OS?

Thanks!

Cole 06-01-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hank1974 (Post 3876355)
Thanks for the speedy response.
If I may, one more question?

Will Mac/PC users all be allowed to partake in the same online leagues regardless of architecture or OS?

Thanks!

I'll let Sebastian interject if I'm wrong, but I believe that answer is yes. Should be the same in OOTP in that respect, where the OS you have doesn't matter. The game simply exports to an FTP server.

Hank1974 06-01-2015 11:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3876358)
I'll let Sebastian interject if I'm wrong, but I believe that answer is yes. Should be the same in OOTP in that respect, where the OS you have doesn't matter. The game simply exports to an FTP server.

Great! Thank-you!

spear 06-02-2015 05:34 PM

Quote:

Yes there is expansion.

Is expansion included in online leagues?

BMD 06-02-2015 07:31 PM

Quote:

Yes there is expansion.

Looks like the Whalers will be returning to Hartford.

Cole 06-02-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spear (Post 3877069)
Is expansion included in online leagues?

Yes, there would be no difference, the game mechanics work the same way whether it's online or a solo league.

Mgomz 06-03-2015 11:47 PM

League Structure turned on Yes or No? Same with Edit Rosters all year Round? World Templates so we can load another into a 2015 League so like if somebody creates All-Time Greats a Trade like Penguins Trade Staal,Prospect to the All Time Red Wings for Yzeman and so on so Trades with other Leagues has to be turned on?
League E?

Cole 06-08-2015 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mgomz (Post 3877747)
League Structure turned on Yes or No? Same with Edit Rosters all year Round? World Templates so we can load another into a 2015 League so like if somebody creates All-Time Greats a Trade like Penguins Trade Staal,Prospect to the All Time Red Wings for Yzeman and so on so Trades with other Leagues has to be turned on?
League E?

There are different league structure setups available.

You have more flexibility in this version as to when rosters can be edited in commish mode, yes. It's not limited to a specific calendar date.

No, you aren't able to load world templates into modern leagues/combine two leagues, etc.