OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3693)
-   -   Historical Ballparks 1901-2017 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=286269)

pstrickert 03-19-2018 11:57 AM

Historical Ballparks 1901-2017

Dec 12, 2018 Update: Unfortunately, this file has not been uploaded to Add-Ons Central. Never could find a way to get the file to someone who could upload it (if such a person even exists).

actionjackson 03-19-2018 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 4294221)
This file is not yet available through Add-Ons Central (though it is available through Steam Workshop Central). To install it manually:

1. Download it here: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...wMlKcEGQCzaSTy

2. Unzip the file and you'll have a "ballparks" folder.

3. Copy this folder and paste it in your "data" folder. (Before doing so, you may want to move the original "ballparks" folder contained inside the "data" folder somewhere else for safekeeping. Or you can just let the original folder get overwritten with the new folder.)

NOTE: Whenever you install an OOTP patch, the "advertising" subfolder (inside the "ballparks" folder) will be overwritten. So, you'll want to make a copy of it. Use the copy to overwrite the "advertising" folder after installing a patch.

I would think it would go in the ballparks folder which is in This PC > Documents > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 19 > ballparks folder would it not? The data folder contains fonts, skins, background, Help, loading, loading_text, logo, team logos, and Website. There is no ballparks folder there. Do I extract it to both locations?

italyprof 03-20-2018 08:56 AM

Clicking on this link, I am getting a page saying that access to that file is limited due to high downloading traffic. Okay, patience. But it is asking me to register for something or other, the website? What is it? Do I need to register? Is it a public site, so I should be cautious about personal info?

Thanks.

Xogo 03-20-2018 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 4294221)
This file is not yet available through Add-Ons Central (though it is available through Steam Workshop Central). To install it manually:

1. Download it here: https://my.pcloud.com/publink/show?c...wMlKcEGQCzaSTy

2. Unzip the file and you'll have a "ballparks" folder.

3. Copy this folder and paste it in your This PC > Documents > Out of the Park Developments > OOTP Baseball 19 folder. (Before doing so, you may want to move the original "ballparks" folder somewhere else for safekeeping. Or you can just let the original folder get overwritten with the new folder.)

NOTE: Whenever you install an OOTP patch, the "advertising" subfolder (inside the "ballparks" folder) will be overwritten. So, you'll want to make a copy of it. Use the copy to overwrite the "advertising" folder after installing a patch.

Are these 3D models? In 2018 Ive been putting them in same thread as you but ballparks/models folder.

Is that incorrect. In 2018 I was able to load and use them just fine.

pstrickert 03-20-2018 05:58 PM

No, not the models folder. Replace the original ballparks file with the downloaded file (which is also named "ballparks").

pstrickert 03-20-2018 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by italyprof (Post 4295277)
Clicking on this link, I am getting a page saying that access to that file is limited due to high downloading traffic. Okay, patience. But it is asking me to register for something or other, the website? What is it? Do I need to register? Is it a public site, so I should be cautious about personal info?

Thanks.

I probably have a limit on my free file hosting account. So, you'll have to wait a bit. Hopefully, the file will be added to Add-Ons Central soon.

pstrickert 03-21-2018 08:37 AM

I'm going to take this file down since it should be available through Add-Ons Central soon. Sorry for the inconvenience.

actionjackson 03-21-2018 12:16 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Hey Paul. I've loaded up a 1901 game, and I only get one of two different parks for the sixteen parks. I know the parks are in there because of the 2-D drawings that aren't present if you haven't downloaded the historical ballparks file. Par for the course or how it should be? Did I miss a step somewhere? Thanks in advance. Here's the two parks that I see:

pstrickert 03-21-2018 12:29 PM

The pack only contains parks if silvam built them. He ignored most of the wooden, deadball-era parks. So, the first couple of decades are hit and miss.

actionjackson 03-21-2018 12:31 PM

Thank you for the quick response pstrickert!

silvam14 03-21-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 4296514)
The pack only contains parks if silvam built them. He ignored most of the wooden, deadball-era parks. So, the first couple of decades are hit and miss.

I wouldn’t say I ignored them as much as I can’t find good diagrams or pics/info on them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pstrickert 03-21-2018 10:40 PM

I struggled to find the right verb. ;)

mwb6 03-22-2018 11:31 AM

Can I use the files from 2018 Add On?

Are these the same files as the ones up on OOTP18 OOTPmods Add-Ons? Have they been updated for 2019 or can I just copy over the ones I already have?
Thanks !!

pstrickert 03-22-2018 01:54 PM

Virtually all the parks have been updated for OOTP19. So, you'll want to wait for the updated parks to appear through Add-Ons Central. Hopefully, it won't be long.

Swami077 03-22-2018 10:00 PM

Hey pstrickert, is there any chance you could upload to a file sharing site for download? I am dying to get your historical parks into my game.

Thanks!

vintagesport 03-23-2018 11:50 AM

What are the current issues you would need to deal with to use the current
"Pstrickert Historical Ballparks" on Add-on Central? (from ootp18?)

pstrickert 03-23-2018 12:04 PM

For one thing, I'm not sure where they'd be installed. Would they be installed in your OOTP18 folder? Second, the parks are not the better (updated) versions. But you could use them. And third, you wouldn't have a folder for the 2017 season. My advice is use them, if you feel so inclined. Then download the newer file when it becomes available. Hope that helps.

ashantewarrier 03-30-2018 05:17 PM

The link is dead :(

pstrickert 03-30-2018 05:27 PM

Still waiting to make it available through Add-Ons Central.

ashantewarrier 03-30-2018 05:28 PM

Cool...thanks!