OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3624)
-   -   1.0.3 Patch (and updated demos) released (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=130715)

1998 Yankees 09-02-2006 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MizzouRah
I just purchased the game, so I assume installing this 1.0.3 patch is all that is needed to bring the game to the current version?

Meaning, you don't have to install every patch?

Thanks!!

May an expert correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 1.03 is a stand alone patch, meaning you don't need 1.01 and 1.02. If successful, your game main screen should read 1.0.3.12270 on the lower left. Good luck.

MizzouRah 09-02-2006 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by endgame
That would be correct.

Much appreciated!

Charlie Hough 09-02-2006 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1998 Yankees
May an expert correct me if I am wrong, but I believe 1.03 is a stand alone patch, meaning you don't need 1.01 and 1.02. If successful, your game main screen should read 1.0.3.12270 on the lower left. Good luck.

When you download and purchase the game now, you'll be getting the 1.0.3 version, so there is no need to download the patch. The electronic download is always updated to include the latest patched version.

Jordan 09-02-2006 03:32 PM

yay...I still havent played the game yet though..

Tin of Maize 09-02-2006 03:52 PM

mac issues?

OK, now what is this about downloading patches for mac users?

I downloaded the 1.0.3 patch, installed it, but now when I try to start the game I get the screen asking for my credit card all over again? Can someone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks.

(I love the game and can't bear to be away from it....)

MizzouRah 09-02-2006 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Charlie Hough
When you download and purchase the game now, you'll be getting the 1.0.3 version, so there is no need to download the patch. The electronic download is always updated to include the latest patched version.

Nope, it was version 1.0.0 something or another as I looked at the version after I downloaded and installed the game.

Charlie Hough 09-02-2006 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin of Maize
OK, now what is this about downloading patches for mac users?

I downloaded the 1.0.3 patch, installed it, but now when I try to start the game I get the screen asking for my credit card all over again? Can someone tell me how to solve this problem? Thanks.

(I love the game and can't bear to be away from it....)

You should have received an order confirmation with an order ID when you bought the game. I think you can enter this information by going through the registration process from within the game. However, I can't be sure about this, since I'm not a Mac user.

Tin of Maize 09-02-2006 09:51 PM

black screen of death?

Thanks, for the suggestion about using the registration key. I tried it two ways but neither one worked.

1. My original version of the game that I downloaded. When I click on "cancel" to make the eSellerate payment box go away, then I am left with the black screen that I must force quit out of that I have read about in other places.

2. I tried downloading the whole game all over again. Alas, they must ship with their own registration key, since when I entered my key in the appropriate place, (Activate game button), it didn't work.

So, still hoping someone (maybe even someone from SI games?!?!) can help me with this problem.

In the meantime, I've made sure to copy both my eSellerate key file and my saved game folder. I suppose I should burn them onto a disk, just to be sure.....

lonewolf 09-02-2006 10:04 PM

It's amazing how much faster the game sims after this patch. Almost on par to the speed of 6.5 now. Also love the tweaks to the SION Broadcast and news report menus. I actually was going to shelve it and wait for next year, but this patch has got me playing the game again.

Charlie Hough 09-02-2006 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tin of Maize
So, still hoping someone (maybe even someone from SI games?!?!) can help me with this problem.

Your best bet is to report this in the Technical Support forum ASAP.

olivertheorem 09-09-2006 03:06 PM

Quote:

Just remember to copy your esellerate key!

Mac user here. Where the heck is that dang key anyway?

bp_ 09-09-2006 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by olivertheorem
Mac user here. Where the heck is that dang key anyway?

Read this: http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...12&postcount=6

olivertheorem 09-09-2006 11:17 PM

Thanks.

Having issues with the installer though (posted such in tech support).

Ductape88 12-03-2006 03:33 PM

When I download and run the patch I get an error message stating "unable to install update - installed version information is corrupt," which doesn't make much sense to me because the game works fine... Any hints?

HFBL 02-02-2007 02:55 AM

Where is the 1.0.3 patch since moving to sigames?

When I go to the download page for OOTP 2006, I get:

Out of the Park Baseball Manager (2 found)
Latest Addition
OOTP Baseball 2006 Patch 1.0.2 on 07/06/2006

dangarion 02-02-2007 04:28 PM

Can we please get some updated links for downloads, SIGames is dog slow, and there are no mirror sites listed, also there are no download links for 1.03.

Are we supposed to just forget that 2006 existed now? :)

marc420 02-03-2007 01:27 AM

Hey, where is this patch?

These websites are all an awful maze. I found a page announcing the patch, but the link to the patch didn't lead anywhere. Just to that awful SIGames download page. I finally found the tiny link to OOTP2006, but this last patch isn't up there. And it was a lot of password retreival and login hell to get there. Hey guys, its a freaking patch. Why is it protected like freaking fort knox?

But where is the patch anyways?

Oh well, I made the big mistake of pre-buying this game last year. Then I struggled through the version that was shoved out the door to meet the deadline, then finally gave up. I thought now I might look again to see if it ever got patched into something worth playing. But all I run into when I try to get the patch is bloody SI giving me the finger.

Oh well, I give up. What a load of @#$!@#

jgpharmd 02-05-2007 10:11 PM

OOTPB 2006 1.03 patch

The patch can be downloaded from GameZone. http://pc.gamezone.com/news/09_01_06_02_42PM.htm

bbrowne74 02-06-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jgpharmd (Post 2039953)
The patch can be downloaded from GameZone. http://pc.gamezone.com/news/09_01_06_02_42PM.htm

No patch link for the Mac and the demo download for teh Mac doesn't work. It it set up on the GZ servers as a Windows executable.

Apparently the folks over the pond dont' think too much of the Mac version.

battists 02-06-2007 09:31 AM

Guys, apologies about the confusion. Apparently, SI are in the middle of converting to a new web site, and some things haven't quite gotten sorted right, and Marc has had to go away until Wednesday or so.

So, patience please, until Marc or someone else from SI can get things straightened. These files are definitely not gone on purpose.

Thanks very much,

Steve