OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FOF - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3878)
-   -   A legitimate question (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=292349)

KJDelaney 09-01-2018 11:22 PM

A legitimate question

A question for all.

Should I wait to buy this OOTP football game to come out or pick of Front Office Football 8 now?

Thank you in advance.

Cole 09-02-2018 01:50 AM

No one can really answer that for you except yourself ...

That would depend on ...

How impatient you are to play a football sim (whether you can wait several months or need to play now)

How much the money is of importance to you versus not spending it and/or wanting to support the developer

How much it would bother you to put time into a game only to shelve it after a few months and to balance that versus your need and desire to "get used" to FOF before the release.

So yeah it is really a decision you need to make on our own. But for the sake of providing an actual answer ... maybe try the demo. If you get so hooked on it that you want to continue, buy the full game.

Sharkn20 09-02-2018 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KJDelaney (Post 4363281)
A question for all.

Should I wait to buy this OOTP football game to come out or pick of Front Office Football 8 now?

Thank you in advance.

I would buy it to get used to it, then by the OOTP football game when is released :)

dave1927p 09-02-2018 04:30 PM

if you don't mind a god awful GUI that looks like window 98 and requires a few more clicks of mouse to navigate than you'd hope than get FOF8. Once you get past the GUI you realize FOF is a deep game and theirs definitely some enjoyment to be had. Keep in mind besides renaming teams in FOF, there is zero customization.

nbryant 09-03-2018 02:45 PM

As Cole mentioned the option is yours, no matter what any of us say. So take my input for what it is worth. Having played FOF for a few years now I would personally recommend being patient and waiting. The FOF engine is an amazing product although it makes me insane at times, but as was mentioned, the interface is a bit dated and can easily make one lose sight of the heart of the game. I would think that the OOTP team and Jim are working very hard at getting this initial conversion done as soon as they can without pushing out something horrible. It takes time and sounds as if progress has been moving well. I would think that we could see it sometime in October or early November.

KJDelaney 09-06-2018 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbryant (Post 4363788)
As Cole mentioned the option is yours, no matter what any of us say. So take my input for what it is worth. Having played FOF for a few years now I would personally recommend being patient and waiting. The FOF engine is an amazing product although it makes me insane at times, but as was mentioned, the interface is a bit dated and can easily make one lose sight of the heart of the game. I would think that the OOTP team and Jim are working very hard at getting this initial conversion done as soon as they can without pushing out something horrible. It takes time and sounds as if progress has been moving well. I would think that we could see it sometime in October or early November.

Thank you. I shall wait.

Postman 09-10-2018 04:45 PM

I'm playing FOF 8 now and loving it. It's easily worth the price.

Aceshigh24 09-12-2018 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postman (Post 4365782)
I'm playing FOF 8 now and loving it. It's easily worth the price.

I have it but haven't played it in sometime. Think i need to get back into it.