OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Commissioner's Corner (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3732)
-   -   Reports Extractor for Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=174481)

f.montoya 10-21-2008 01:59 AM

Reports Extractor for Online Leagues

Some of you use cPanel and file manager to explode your league reports on the server. There may even be some of you going the one file at a time slow route. While cPanel certainly does the job, it still requires a login and several clicks until you navigate to your lgreports directory.

I'm working on an easy and secure extractor that
  • is easily linked from your league website
  • super easy to configure
  • will extract your reports archive on the server with the click of one button
  • is secure and safe
(Those using AllSimBaseball websites already have the feature built into their sites).

Here's what it looks like: AllSimBaseball Extractor

I'm still playing with the code at the moment but I wanted to see if there is any interest out there. If so, I'll write a readme.txt, package it and share it.

EDIT Feb 21 2009: Now released with feature to delete the archive after extraction. Download here: http://www.allsimbaseball.com/index....c=select&id=32

squiz 10-21-2008 03:03 PM

I would definitely have a use for this.

ELDoro 10-21-2008 11:03 PM

If its like the feature you use on allsimbaseball.com I'll give a thumbs up!

f.montoya 10-22-2008 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ELDoro (Post 2604882)
If its like the feature you use on allsimbaseball.com I'll give a thumbs up!

Yep. One in the same!

I'll be done with it before the end of the week and I'll share it fairly soon. :)

gollum65 10-22-2008 08:33 AM

I'd be interested as well. Thanks Fidel!

TurboTrigga 10-22-2008 08:17 PM

Can't Wait!!!

f.montoya 10-23-2008 09:00 AM

Should be done by Friday. Actually, it is done. Just want to write clear, uncomlpicated instructions on how to use it. :)

satchel 10-23-2008 11:55 AM

I'd like to try it too.

f.montoya 10-24-2008 03:59 AM

Here it is...

All Sim Baseball

Comments welcome! :)

gollum65 10-24-2008 08:00 AM

Seems to work great! Thanks a ton! For future versions, maybe you could add a second function where it deletes the .tar.gz after extraction? Some users, such as myself, are close to our web space allocations, so we (I) delete the reports tar.gz file after extraction. Regardless, thanks for this great util.

gollum65 10-24-2008 11:10 AM

After further review, this is not working for me. I placed it in the folder I need the reports extracted to, and asked it to extract the reports file from this morning's sim. It claims it extracts fine, but my reports are not updated. I have to manually export them via my cpanel.

f.montoya 10-24-2008 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gollum65 (Post 2606625)
After further review, this is not working for me. I placed it in the folder I need the reports extracted to, and asked it to extract the reports file from this morning's sim. It claims it extracts fine, but my reports are not updated. I have to manually export them via my cpanel.

If it said it extracted them, then it did. The problem is that you are not looking for them at the proper URL path from your browser. If you extracted to a specific place they will certainly be there.

The big question...

Did you see a huge list of file names start to show up below the button?

EDIT: Make sure you are placing this mod's files in the same directory where your archive is. NOT where you want the reports extracted to.

f.montoya 10-24-2008 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gollum65 (Post 2606552)
Seems to work great! Thanks a ton! For future versions, maybe you could add a second function where it deletes the .tar.gz after extraction? Some users, such as myself, are close to our web space allocations, so we (I) delete the reports tar.gz file after extraction. Regardless, thanks for this great util.

I think this is a good idea. I am working on this as I write and I'm fairly confident I can have it delete the file as well. Look for an updated version in the coming week. :)

gollum65 10-24-2008 01:46 PM

Gonna send you a PM about this.

f.montoya 10-25-2008 06:46 AM

Added an optional "Delete" function. Let me know how it works for you. :)

All Sim Baseball

Deftones2003 10-27-2008 08:29 AM

I'm finding the reports for the league i help run is not fully extracting... it gets about 3/4 of the way through and then stops..
Any ideas as to why this would happen? We're not hosted by you and could this be a server issue?

f.montoya 10-27-2008 07:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deftones2003 (Post 2608252)
I'm finding the reports for the league i help run is not fully extracting... it gets about 3/4 of the way through and then stops..
Any ideas as to why this would happen? We're not hosted by you and could this be a server issue?

I've never seen that. Could be due to the size of the reports archive. How large is this league and what is the size of the archive?

In general, not just for use of this utility, I would recommend splitting up the reports into two or three uploads for huge universes or leagues that employ 16 levels of minors. Easier on the game and quicker to explode on the server as well.

Deftones2003 10-27-2008 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by f.montoya (Post 2608611)
I've never seen that. Could be due to the size of the reports archive. How large is this league and what is the size of the archive?

In general, not just for use of this utility, I would recommend splitting up the reports into two or three uploads for huge universes or leagues that employ 16 levels of minors. Easier on the game and quicker to explode on the server as well.

it's about a 60mb file if i remember correctly...

How would you go about splitting the reports for multiple uploads and then explode them on the server?

Thanks for your help

f.montoya 10-27-2008 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deftones2003 (Post 2608682)
it's about a 60mb file if i remember correctly...

How would you go about splitting the reports for multiple uploads and then explode them on the server?

Thanks for your help

Yeah, that's a pretty big file.

First, eliminate what you only need once or once in a while, like history and images. History is only needed after the season and images are only needed when you have new rookies coming in.

Then, in the Create Reports page, make sure you remove the checks for roughly half or 2/3 of what is currently showing a red check. Generate the reports, archive and upload as usual. After you extract on the server, repeat the steps in creating reports and archiving, only this time replace the checks for what you left out with the first upload and remove the checks for what you've already done.

kq76 02-20-2009 11:41 PM

Thanks for this, Fidel! You may want to edit your first post to show that it has been tested and released though.