OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   iOOTP - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3834)
-   -   Anybody know how to use ballpark images in Android? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=251457)

eriqjaffe 03-04-2015 11:55 PM

Anybody know how to use ballpark images in Android?

Obviously, the "transfer them using iTunes" method isn't really viable. ;)

I figured out where the logos go (/storage/<sd card>/Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files/AppData/prefs/saved_games/<saved game.lg>/news/html/images, and just overwrite the game-generated ones), but I can't figure out where to put ballparks so that they get picked up. I tried putting them in TarData_v36/data/ballparks which is where the default park images are, but I'm still getting the default ballpark image. Is there a specific file type naming convention I have to follow?

Go Tribe 03-05-2015 11:41 AM

I can't figure it out either and looking at the app i'm wondering if the image is somehow hard coded and not an image file?

actually now that i re-read your post - i'll have to look for that TarData folder

Go Tribe 03-05-2015 11:44 AM

Eriq do you have a full path for that folder? Astro File Manager isn't finding it and i have hidden files displayed

eriqjaffe 03-05-2015 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Tribe (Post 3821798)
Eriq do you have a full path for that folder? Astro File Manager isn't finding it and i have hidden files displayed

It's in /storage/<sd card>/Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files (on the same level as the AppData folder). The folder doesn't appear to be a hidden folder, and I'm using ES File Explorer.

Go Tribe 03-06-2015 12:15 AM

Weird I do not have that folder. I've looked using Astro and ES. I have played 4 games of one MLB season 2014. So weird

Go Tribe 03-06-2015 12:24 AM

Added a fictional league and still no folder

eriqjaffe 03-06-2015 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Go Tribe (Post 3822110)
Weird I do not have that folder. I've looked using Astro and ES. I have played 4 games of one MLB season 2014. So weird

That's odd. I can see it in ES, and I can see it if I just connect the phone directly to my PC, as well.

Andreas Raht 03-11-2015 06:39 AM

Unfortunately, there are so many different Android devices and OS versions that we do not have a certain path where the files can be found.

From our platform layer expert:
The exact path can vary depending on the device/os version.

OOTP tries to load an OBB file and if that fails, it downloads a TAR/GZIP file from our server and unpacks it on the device.
On my device it starts /storage/emulated/sdcard0/0/ but you will need to find the path for your device. OBB files are downloaded to .../Android/obb/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/main.xx.com.ootpdevelopments.iootp.obb and can be considered like .iso files as they are mounted to a system path.

There are 3 main issues with the .obb file, 1) GooglePlay does not always download the file correctly or at all! 2) the file downloads fine, checksum file but the contents is corrupt! I think this happens the at the pack stage. 3) Some devices (my new LG G3 included which is a new model) does not support mounting obb files.

TAR/GZIP file is downloaded to

.../Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files and extracted to .../Android/data/com.ootpdevelopments.iootp/files/TarData_v1. Once the extraction has completed the tar file is removed to save space.

Hope that helps.

Go Tribe 03-11-2015 12:08 PM

Thanks Andreas - so i have an OBB file but no TAR file - (LG G3) - does that mean i wouldn't have the ability to change the stadium file since it's grabbing it from the obb (iso) file?

Andreas Raht 03-11-2015 02:13 PM

Yes, sorry. Not in this version. We would have to add code to check for user-created extra folders or something like that.

eriqjaffe 03-11-2015 04:10 PM

Thanks, Andreas, I appreciate the answer. On the phone interface it's really not a big deal since you can't see much of the park image anyways.