OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3930)
-   -   Fictional teams with real historic players? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=281802)

RMc 10-04-2017 06:06 PM

Fictional teams with real historic players?

If I want to start a fictional universe in, say, 1972, can I use real players?

JeffR 10-04-2017 06:30 PM

Not possible, no. The historical database and player import procedure works quite a bit differently than the way players are created in fictional leagues, so it'd involve quite a bit of additional coding. What's more likely to happen is that historical mode will get the ability to modify/edit league setups, since the biggest roadblock, the schedule generator's problems creating good schedules for modified leagues, has been dealt with in FHM4.

RMc 10-04-2017 08:54 PM

Well, hell. Why not do it the same way OOTP does it?

Orioles1966 10-04-2017 09:11 PM

Why not change the fictional player names with real player's names(w/player editor).

JeffR 10-04-2017 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RMc (Post 4240032)
Well, hell. Why not do it the same way OOTP does it?

It's complicated, but the short version is, the game start in different ways. FHM uses a lot of pre-processed data, since in some modes it'd be impractically slow to use OOTP's method of setting everything up at the start of the game. So modern mode, custom, and historical all start with different data in FHM, and to get the historical players in custom mode, we'd need to make a bunch of modifications to that, guy a lot of the way player creation works in custom, and work out how to import the data into fictional games the same way it does in historic ones, which is likely to have some complications beyond those historical has now.

Cole98 10-07-2017 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4239987)
Not possible, no. The historical database and player import procedure works quite a bit differently than the way players are created in fictional leagues, so it'd involve quite a bit of additional coding. What's more likely to happen is that historical mode will get the ability to modify/edit league setups, since the biggest roadblock, the schedule generator's problems creating good schedules for modified leagues, has been dealt with in FHM4.

I tried that but it over wrote my teams

cienpelusas 10-07-2017 04:08 PM

Can players from any year be mixed together in any game mode? Like, can 1991 Gretzky be unretired to play along 2014 Steven Stamkos in Tampa Bay for example?

RMc 09-27-2018 10:32 AM

Will this be possible with FHM5?

Dkitson16 05-01-2019 01:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4239987)

All I really want is fictional teams and real players. Priority #1 for me.

If you're saying you can take a historical NHL mode and move teams (Devils back to KC) prevent teams from moving (ie the Whalers), prevent teams from folding (CLeveland) and expand where I want (Hello Hampton Roads RHino's) then YES PLEASE!