OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 14 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3858)
-   -   IMPORTANT: Info about the "Pre-Release" later today! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=230405)

Markus Heinsohn 04-12-2013 04:03 AM

IMPORTANT: Info about the "Pre-Release" later today!

Pre-Order period ended Thursday, 10pm EDT! If you pre-ordered later, you have to wait or the official release on April 15th. Thank you for understanding!

UPDATE: All emails have been sent. If you still have not received yours (check the spam folder too), email your preorder receipt to andreas@ootpdevelopments.com and to brad.cook@ootpdevelopments.com, one of them will reply with the download link as soon as possible.

OK guys, later today we will release the game to the friendly folks who have pre-ordered. In order for things to go smoothly, please read on.

1) Locate your serial number , you will need it today. You can find it in the confirmation email of your purchase, below the line that says "REGISTRATION INFORMATION". The serial number looks like this: OOTP14-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX.

2) Later today (no time set yet, but probably around noon ET) we will send you an email to the email account you used for ordering. The email will include the link to the setup files (one each for PC, Mac or Linux). Sending all the emails does take us some time, so don't worry if others receive it half an hour earlier than you do! ... You should, to be sure, check your spam folders too when looking for the email. Also, if you unsubscribed our newsletter in the past couple of years, you will not receive an email because you are blocked from our list. If that is the case, please email andreas@ootpdevelopments.com with your order receipt, he will review it and reply with an email containing the links.

3) After you have downloaded and installed the game, the main screen will have the buttons "Purchase" and "Enter License Key" enabled. Click on the latter button, and then enter your license key into the box which comes up. You can use copy & paste, pasting on the PC works by hitting CTRL + V, on the Mac it's Cmd(Apple) + V. Again, the serial looks like this: OOTP14-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX-XXXX ... the complete string is needed, including the "OOTP14"! Make sure you have no white spaces at the beginning or end.

4) It may take a few tries to activate the game, the servers will probably be rather busy. Unfortunately, this is out of our control, so you may have to be a bit patient.

5) If you still have problems activating the game, please read the following article in our knowledge base: Activation Problems - Kayako eSupport Help Desk Software

6) For general technical support, please do not post bugs on this general forum! Post bugs here: Bug Report Thread

Alright, that's it I guess. We will monitor the forums over the weekend and fix all bugs that get properly reported to our support team. Then on Monday we will release the game (including bug fixes) to the masses and provide patch #1 to the pre-order customers.

This is as exciting for us as it is for you. The game simply rocks, and we're looking forward to your feedback! :)

Cheers!
Markus

Poweshow 04-12-2013 04:07 AM

If you release it now then surely it would cut down on the download/activation rush later today. Yeah, totally would... totally should release it now.

Bowtie 04-12-2013 04:18 AM

To add what Markus said, I will be here to assist the development team doing what I can, as usual. Yes, this game REALLY rocks! I too know that you will love it.

If you need technical assistance, you may use the links in my signature to access the Knowledge Base or to submit a support ticket. Bugs however can be reported in the thread that Markus will create.

Happy Gaming!

OOTP Tech Support Team

Ts-Rock 04-12-2013 04:27 AM

I guess I should go to sleep now and get my "nap" so the next 8 hrs will pass faster!

LastMarlinsFan 04-12-2013 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ts-Rock (Post 3479223)
I guess I should go to sleep now and get my "nap" so the next 8 hrs will pass faster!

That would be a brilliant idea if I wasn't too excited to sleep...

jeffro71 04-12-2013 04:32 AM

Release response ...

I will try and get some sleep now we know it won't be released for 6-9 hours. But I just don't think I can, I'll be tossing and turning all night. maybe next year we can get a midnight release instead of having to wait until the next morning. The servers would be fine because it would be released by time zone but then everyone could have it at midnight and pull all nighters playing it instead of being tortured waiting like now. Either way though thanks guys for all your hard work on this game! I am excited for the day when we can get better graphics during games kind of like we used to get with High Heat baseball. Or even better yet maybe EA will let you guys take over MLB and bring your strengths to their graphics.

clwalcott 04-12-2013 04:35 AM

Gonna watch Ken Burn's Baseball to pass the time

MrPerfect 04-12-2013 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by poweshow (Post 3479215)
if you release it now then surely it would cut down on the download/activation rush later today. Yeah, totally would... Totally should release it now.

what he said ... Yeah!!!

shawa666 04-12-2013 07:22 AM

I wholeheartedly support poweshow's suggestion

bpfenway 04-12-2013 07:35 AM

I have come out of my off season hibernation. I am back an better than ever.

Let's play ball!!!

Leland 04-12-2013 11:00 AM

It's 221MB and it is out.

Dave1408 04-12-2013 11:39 AM

Just wondering if I ordered today if i still get it today?
I ordered it about an hour ago because the website says the pre-order is still on so I assumed I would get the game today?

Thanks!

mbaliya 04-12-2013 11:42 AM

Im hoping same thing, so far no game....

mbaliya 04-12-2013 11:47 AM

Its here! Hell yes!:d

Dave1408 04-12-2013 11:55 AM

Damn, haven't gotten mine yet

Ghetto Anthony 04-12-2013 01:23 PM

So should we be concerned if we haven't gotten ours yet when the keys started going out 2 1/2 hours ago?

BaseballMan 04-12-2013 01:44 PM

Havent received mine either

Ghetto Anthony 04-12-2013 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BaseballMan (Post 3479785)
Havent received mine either

I e-mailed Andreas and got a response in about 7 minutes.

BaseballMan 04-12-2013 02:03 PM

Cool. Didnt see the e-mail link earlier but i e-mailed so hopefully ill get a reply as soon as he gets a chance. Kinda figure he might be a little busy today though im not sure why.:laugh:

BaseballMan 04-12-2013 02:15 PM

got the e-mail.
thanks andreas