OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   PT Dynasty Reports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3963)
-   -   The New York Flyers Thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=304794)

One Great Matrix 01-10-2020 07:43 PM

We're 63-61. So we had a nice little stretch today. Some very faint playoff hopes in this sort of "hangover" year. That would be fun.

We had allowed 500 runs by our 107th game or something, a number we stayed under runs against all of last season & 2 others.

One Great Matrix 01-12-2020 03:44 AM

Flyers finished the year post AS Break with a 37-29 record & overall 85-77.

A good 8 games off playoffs pace in our conference.

It was a colorful year, I played many different players, don't think I matched my 109-card season or even came close but I just subbed in & out on whims for the most part.

I knew my defense wouldn't be as good but the starters remained the same and I think they had off years to go along with the weaker defense. Maybe I faced some stacked offenses as well, not sure. Anyway, the Buffalo Bulls and the Energizer Bunnies will be in the playoffs. I think I'm rooting for the bunnies.

Lemandria 01-14-2020 03:33 AM

Have fun safely over in the AC and not munching on Penguins this year.

Good luck to you, you're off to a good start!

One Great Matrix 01-15-2020 06:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lemandria (Post 4577193)
Have fun safely over in the AC and not munching on Penguins this year.

Good luck to you, you're off to a good start!

Yeah, I noticed you in the other conference about 25 games into the season (you were rolling along pretty well), and figured out we wouldn't have any regular season games vs. each other. Good luck the rest of the season ... maybe you can think of something for vs. the Spiders & Cotton Rats (and we can have a showdown ultimately) or maybe you can just thoroughly enjoy these & those other fine aspects to the simulated season.

One Great Matrix 01-15-2020 06:59 AM

2061 first third season report

We got off to a scorching-hot start this season, finishing up the first day of sims with 21 wins & 6 losses. We cooled down a bit on day 2 but reeled off 12 straight wins to end the sim day total 18-9 after losing 9 of 15 to start it.

(Overall 39-15 on the maturing year)

We have one particularly rough team in our division. We have a 1.5 game lead on those Sachse Roughnecks on account of winning 4 out of 7 vs. them all at their place, "The Pit".

I've gone back to an optimized roster but right now I have 5 IFs & 7 OFs so it's sort of a matter of deciding of who I want to stick with (crowded OF, thinnish IF). I'm not sure if I'm going to decide now, tomorrow or at the end of tomorrow's sims...

I added the Say Hey Kid's Peak card for this season...so far he's played a nice CF but at the plate...well, .236 with 5 HRs in 140 at-bats.

Those Cotton Rats loom in the other conference, not to mention a few other fine teams.

One Great Matrix 01-15-2020 06:11 PM

19-game win streak

I went on a 19-game tear & it ended in extra innings on the road :), fun while it lasted, you know? And somewhat promising given the hot start and lull for a little while to recover that way...

So I think last time I went on a 17-game winning streak & that WAS my longest, I'll have to check. I got 4000 PP for the winning streak this time. I recorded it in this thread, the details of my other one...:thumbup1:

Yeah, it was 17 games last time & the same 4000 PP. I didn't fit a 41-1 win in on this roll but it was a little longer. In case you haven't had the experience, it's crazy to download the latest league file to see that you won a game by 40 runs...

The only latest file download that came close to comparison was a perfect game 97 OVR Pedro Martinez pitched early on... I knew that would be rare, still haven't got my 2nd.

One Great Matrix 01-16-2020 01:07 PM

2061 July Standings

1 Attachment(s)
The division race is so close right now that the official standings have 2 different takes on who is ahead. I'm 1/2 game ahead and .001 win % behind. I've seen wild cards win...& my drive to win the division is in question...but it's kind of hard to let go of. It's fun, too.

One Great Matrix 01-17-2020 11:01 AM

2061 second third report

We went 33-21 in games 55-108 & are now 72-36 on the season. I am 4 wins away from a nice round 4000 career victories. But 1 game off the pace for the division win. I kind of had a rough patch late yesterday where we fell into a tie with the Roughnecks & then we lost an extra-inning game vs. the Roughnecks in the 1st sim today. My next post will probably be the summary from win 4000. And then I'll update on whether or not we're going to the playoffs as a division winner, wild card or unlikely fall into no postseason.

One Great Matrix 01-17-2020 12:42 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We won our 4000th game to 2756 losses. It was Koufax's 457th victory against 278 losses. I don't think it can compare to what happened in win 3998, though. As you can see in game 4000 our win probability goes up to 75% and we go on to win, no drama, although they did creep back into the contest...In game 3998, though, I counted 10 different times one of the teams got to 75% win probability during the 13-12 extra-inning win.

One Great Matrix 01-18-2020 12:21 AM

Goodnight

It's time for rest. Team is 92-40 with 30 regular season games left.

Dream Deep

One Great Matrix 01-18-2020 09:48 PM

2 Attachment(s)
We will be going to the playoffs as the AC Central Champions. Here is the summary from the clincher in which we committed 4 errors (Robinson, Schmidt, Grove, Vaughan), & it looked like we had surely given the game away in the top of the 13th...not that the division was so much in question with 7 games still remaining...I guess we kind of pulled away early today & then we had this good week bad week thing where we went 7-0 & then 0-6...anyway, all this really adds up to is a postseason berth/the good kind where you don't have to worry about the wild card game.:matrix:

One Great Matrix 01-21-2020 05:17 PM

2061 Title Recap

Here's a very quick recap of the 2061 Playoffs:

2061 Playoffs recap

Vs. Roughnecks (Sachse)
Game 1 - 7-6 W/10 inn. Highlight(s) - Gary Carter walk-off RBI single vs. S. Carlton
Game 2 - 1-0 W. Highlight(s) - Al Rosen breaks scoreless tie in Bot. 9th with walk-off RBI single vs. D. Eckersley.
Game 3 - 8-2 W.

Vs. Horrors (Dunwich)
Game 1 - 4-1 W. Highlight(s) - M. Schmidt 3-R HR, L. Grove CG Shutout.
Game 2 - 4-3 W/10 inn. Highlight(s) - Willie Keeler Walk-off RBI single vs. B. Sutter
Game 3 - 0-3 L. Highlight(s) -J. Matlack (Dun) 7 IP, 0 ER.
Game 4 - 5-6 L. Highlight(s) - LaValliere 2-R 2B in 8th vs. Seaver, W. Mays strikes out with bases loaded in top 9th.
Game 5 - 7-5 W/10 inn. Highlight(s) - W. Mays Solo HR in top 10th.
Game 6 - 7-2 W. Highlight(s) - J. Olerud 2-for-4, 2 RBI

@ SA Cotton Rats
Game 1 - 0-7 L. Highlight(s) - C. Hubbell (SA) Telescope CG 1-hitter
Game 2 - 4-2 W/11 inn. Highlight(s) - Seaver 8 IP, 1 ER. M. Schmidt, C. Yelich doubles in 11th.
Game 3 - 3-2 W. Highlight(s) All runs scored in 6th inn.
Game 4 - 2-1 W. Highlight(s) L. Grove (NYF) vs. P. Martinez (SA)
Game 5 - 6-5 W. Highlight(s) Ichiro GW Single vs. Gagne in 7th inning

That covers the playoff games in a nutshell. If there's anything else I want to add, I'll do it later.

2062 is underway & we're doing all right but Maple Syrup is doing even better...The Orlando Shockers (who are about 50/50 in taking PL titles) are in the other conference. The plan is to win it all again but no chickens will be counted before they hatch.

One Great Matrix 01-22-2020 09:21 AM

"Well, I just got into town about an hour ago
Took a look around, see which way the wind blow
Where the little girls in their Hollywood bungalows

Are you a lucky little lady in the City of Light
Or just another lost angel?
City of Night"

-Mr. Mojo Risin/Jim Morrison (L.A. Woman)

One Great Matrix 01-23-2020 06:13 PM

2062 All-Star Break P426

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a little snapshot of the standings at the All-Star Break this season. Maple Syrup got off to an incredible start but we are now just 4 or 5 GB them in the division. And Orion's Angel Fire Guardians are a really fine newcomer. The Orlando Shockers & Kansas Champs are doing what they normally do in the other conference.

Also, included: A photograph of a chunk of rock from outer space having entered earth's atmosphere and actually coming down to the surface photographed from the highway. Just because it's cool.

One Great Matrix 01-26-2020 09:12 AM

2062 Regular Season

1 Attachment(s)
The division race between the New York Flyers & The Maple Syrup (ha ha ha) went right down to the wire...we won our last 2 games & they lost their last 2 games, & we finished 2 games ahead with a record of 107-55, one of our better marks in franchise history but actually a bit down relative to our best seasons over the past 9...(108, 115*, 109, 111*, 112* wins)...anyhow, great job winning the division, setting up this today:

One Great Matrix 01-28-2020 03:44 AM

2062 Postseason

3 Attachment(s)
Defeated Under Construction 3 games to 1. They're Under Construction...

Lost to Angel Fire Guardians 4 games to 3 in a very tight series. Some impressive defense by both teams with my Flyers having trouble with fatigue (not the virtual kind) & scoring runs despite their defensive efforts like you must sometimes [score] to win even against good pitchers & defenses. And ironically an error by Ripken Jr. in game 6 may have kept us from taking that game & the series. I saved 3 screenshots from the first 3 games, I suppose the real fatigue took over at that point.

Blue (NYF) beat Pedro (FIRE) in Game 1.
Blue (FIRE) beat Grove? (NYF) in Game 2.
Seaver (NYF) beat Waddell & Fingers in Game 3.
The Angel Fire Guardians beat Gibson (NYF) in Game 4.
The Flyers won Game 5 at home. (Blue for the 3rd time)
Guardians 6. Blue (FIRE) (*4th total)
Guardians 7. (6-3 with Keith Hernandez doing the damage with the lumber for the Guardians).

How can it be permissible
She compromise my principle, yeah yeah
That kind of love is mythical
She's anything but typical
She's a craze you'd endorse, she's a powerful force
You're obliged to conform when there's no other course
She used to look good to me, but now I find her
Simply irresistible, Simply irresistible
Her loving is so powerful, huh
It's simply unavoidable
The trend is irreversible
The woman is invincible
She's a natural law, and she leaves me in awe
She deserves the applause, I surrender because
She used to look good to me, but now I find her
Simply irresistible, Simply irresistible
-Robert Palmer, Simply Irresistible

One Great Matrix 01-30-2020 12:13 AM

2063 Half-way mark

Team is 58-23. I haven't done much tweaking this season, just let the AI set the rosters... The schedule has not been the toughest I've seen in a Perfects League, for sure... Right now I 22 game lead in the division... The auto-pilot has been effective, on pace for 116 wins but as far as I can discern it's hit & miss in the big picture. "Some things work and some things don't" is probably the best I've heard it put. :):confused:

One Great Matrix 02-02-2020 09:12 AM

Final Standings 2063

1 Attachment(s)
Here's the final standings this week:

One Great Matrix 02-03-2020 06:50 AM

2063 Playoffs

We whacked the team known as Chernobyl Meltdown. Then I guess we kind of took a joke from the team known as Confederate of Dunces. Then a team known as the Syracuse Salt Lickers got the better of us.

The series went

Flyers 3 games to 0 vs. Chernobyl
Flyers 4 games to 0 vs. Confederate of Dunces (who have a Jester as their logo)
Flyers 0 games to 4 vs. Syracuse.

Happy Day, y'all.

Lemandria 02-03-2020 07:16 AM

3-0, 4-0, 0-4?

Were the players in a hurry to get on vacation ASAP or something?

At least you don't believe in half measures ;p

One Great Matrix 02-05-2020 05:29 AM

I guess we were satisfied with a conference championship in a sense. We did not fare well against that Syracuse team, though...1-9 in 10 games overall.

One Great Matrix 02-06-2020 12:44 PM

2064 Update

The team is playing .640 baseball or so & is in the same division as toyusi haruki? They win about 121 games on average and the most we've ever won is 115 so it's a challenge to consider to see if I can finish the 5 or 6 games back I am of them right now, lol...no, or maybe if I beat them a couple times, get back to my ways of that first season of 115 wins...win the division.

I think I'm sticking with New York Flyers but I've rolled a few name changes through my thoughts:

New Ireland Flyers
New Ireland Rad Bulls
Rad Bulls
Long Island Loving Happy Unicorns
L.I. Loving Happy Unicorns
New Ireland Leprechauns
New Ireland Sham Rock

Lemandria 02-07-2020 03:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Great Matrix (Post 4583871)
I think I'm sticking with New York Flyers but I've rolled a few name changes through my thoughts:

New Ireland Flyers
New Ireland Rad Bulls
Rad Bulls
Long Island Loving Happy Unicorns
L.I. Loving Happy Unicorns
New Ireland Leprechauns
New Ireland Sham Rock

I'm toying with the Santo Domingo Cerveza Calidez (pending logo art, 'Warm Beer'), totally a theme team.

Haven't really thought about the other two yet. Have to flip through my finished logos and see if anything suggests itself. The Lincoln Park Pirates, perhaps? They'd already have a theme song!

One Great Matrix 02-07-2020 12:29 PM

Yes, new logo/uniforms are an issue... maybe a 2nd team?? Or PT 3.0 or 4.0 ...or 5.0

One Great Matrix 02-07-2020 12:40 PM

Third Basemen's inconsistent stats

2 Attachment(s)
So Schmidt's average average is .239 and Rosen's is .246 but neither are very consistently around those numbers.

One Great Matrix 02-07-2020 10:57 PM

Waking up in the top of the 9th

1 Attachment(s)
:)

One Great Matrix 02-11-2020 10:04 AM

Toyosu Haruki

Haruki did indeed finish about 12 games ahead of us in the division...but we did qualify as the #4 seed.

In the playoffs, we defeated the Chiswick Big Wigs, 4-2 in a one-game wild card playoff. And then Haruki defeated us in 5 games in the divisional series. The last game was hard-fought ... Keeler tried to lay down a squeeze bunt in the 9th inning to tie the score at 1 but I'm not sure why...their infield was in & the 3rd baseman pounced on it and got the out at home...must've had the slider too far right.

Sometimes I feel like a ... crack-pot? and am happy to have had any (the degree) of success I've had in Perfect Team...and other times I feel like I could be a bit more laid back and careful? and maybe less "hands-on" and I could have won some of these close ones. Easier said than done, though. :)

One Great Matrix 02-11-2020 10:58 AM

Alternatively, (my 3rd thought of the morning on managing my virtual team), sometimes I feel like I should have never altered my initial approach to the degree I did in the name of more wins. I'd probably enjoy the game anyway, & the laid back/clarity thing would follow.

One Great Matrix 02-11-2020 11:05 AM

But hey, I have enjoyed the game.

And as far as the winning goes, the silver was nice because it was 1st.
The diamond was a first in a way, at that level, & was nice as well.
The first perfect was glorious after all those PL playoff appearances with no success in doze playoffs.
The second and third perfects had particular qualities about them...

The second, in summation: "Again?"

The third, satisfaction. ...Completion of a phase in the game.

Now I'll go be free.

One Great Matrix 02-11-2020 11:11 AM

If these philosphical thoughts don't make sense to the reader it's because you haven't read the details of the backstory. Maybe some other time. Details I can't recall & that may be too lenghty anyhow.

One Great Matrix 02-12-2020 12:40 AM

Mission:

Find a chink in the 44-8 Gold Miner's Armour.

Ahh, there it is...!

One Great Matrix 02-12-2020 09:36 AM

I/We should have a good day today.:cool::cool:

One Great Matrix 02-13-2020 07:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Great Matrix (Post 4586117)
I/We should have a good day today.:cool::cool:

I/We did have a good day. We won something like 17 out of 23 of our games (in the month of June) & zero stress. The only thing is I fell asleep quite early...

Back in the playoff picture...

I/We should have a good day today as well.:cool::cool:

One Great Matrix 02-14-2020 07:13 PM

Wasn't a bad day, which I'm not surprised by since the first good day forecast was a real one while the second one was just a hopeful one.

Perhaps tomorrow or Sunday I'll update again.

One Great Matrix 02-15-2020 09:37 AM

Something like September call-ups

I think the division is not quite mathematically out of reach but we're in 3rd place & 22 games back or so with 28 or so left to play...

And I hope the following players are ready to go because they're playing today:

Biz Mackey
Wally Backman
Brooks Robinson
Ozzie
Chipper
HoJo
Rose
Strawberry
Clemente
El Sid
Rivera
Joba
Willie Stargell
Rickey

On the good news front, I was like lol, just sort of bored of the same 25-30 guys :laugh: AND there is a mathematically very GOOD chance that that 3rd place will still be good enough for a postseason.

So I can make yet another new roster for that as I'm updating this thread on how my "new old" guys did today!

SAVE THE JERSEY

One Great Matrix 02-16-2020 06:18 AM

The Replacements/Upcoming Playoff Picture

So our reserve squad came in & performed admirably, going 17-11 in the final month & 18-11 overall. The only thing kind of disappointing is we lost all 3 of our games vs. Coho (our wild card opponent) on account of us going 0-3 or so against them. The other disappointing thing I meant to mention is their 17-11 month was our 2nd best on the season...? Maybe I have to fire up the starting squad more often as well...we finished 94-68 on the year, though, and will have a chance to test ourselves against Winter Springs if we win the Wild Card game (at Coho Shafs).

Biz Mackey hit .227 in 44 AB while he was in there.
Wally Backman hit .280 in 50 AB...he even hit a home run.
Brooks Robinson came into play third base mostly...& I'm guessing he did a good job. (1 error, 58 total chances, 42 assists)
Ozzie came in mostly to play short but he stole 13 bases while he was in.
Chipper Jones was solid as usual, hitting .277 with 13 RBI.
Howard Johnson hit over .300 for the month with 3 homers.
Pete Rose hit .340.
The Straw man didn't do much in the way of BA (again) but did at least homer 2 times.
Mr. Roberto Clemente (1969) hit .343 while he was in there.
Stargell hit .261 with 4 home runs.
Rickey Henderson stole 15 bases (a couple more than Smith) & got on base almost 35% of the time.

Sid Fernandez was a decent 3-2 in decisions even though his ERA ballooned up to 6.23 after a great start.
Mariano Rivera came back for the first time since the 2059 World Series 6 weeks ago & pitched to a 3.59 ERA.
And the great Joba Chamberlain recorded 38 outs while being charged with only 1 earned (or otherwise) run.

The playoff squad is pretty much set and I'd like to let all the players know that we'd rather win than lose.

One Great Matrix 02-16-2020 01:47 PM

What chink?

We won the Wild Card game today, 3-1.

Then we moved on to the Winter Springs Gold Miners...whatever chink I talked about finding in their armor today it felt for the first time a little (despite many playoffs losses) that I didn't exactly have an answer for what the other team was bringing. I didn't rule out winning/stealing the series until it was official but let's see...

Game 1 - 1-2 L @ Winter Springs - A 25-1 Walter Johnson pitches like a 25-1 pitcher and we lose the game despite a stellar effort from Dwight Gooden.

Game 2 - 7-1 W @ Winter Springs - An inspiring win where Mike Schmidt went off & we ran not only Cy Young but Tim Keefe from the game.

but then...

Game 3 - 2-4 L vs. Winter Springs - It was Schilling vs. Blue...the difference in the game was Koufax getting hit hard in the 7th, 8th innings.

Game 4 - 1-5 L vs. Winter Springs - Eppa Rixey (& their lineup) just plain beat Tom Seaver (& ours).

That has to be the perfectest team I've played. Could be wrong. You know, it could just be because it's Sunday afternoon & the time...but they're a team I might model mine after if I wanted mine to be perfect...(or could afford it a little easier)...sometimes it's tempting. After all, these things tend to have momentum; but I have a few answers for that. Right? Yeah, yeah. For example, perfectest. What the hell is that if you can't do better than perfect, or just as well another way.

One Great Matrix 02-16-2020 02:02 PM

Winter Springs Gold Miners

RBraun554's Gold Miners have won at least 104 games (max. 140) in every single season, 15 working on 16 PC's (Perfect Championships), & 5862 wins in 47 seasons

Orion 02-16-2020 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Great Matrix (Post 4587601)
RBraun554's Gold Miners have won at least 104 games (max. 140) in every single season, 15 working on 16 PC's (Perfect Championships), & 5862 wins in 47 seasons

I was very impressed but..

Perfect-est?

I can nitpick....

Why would you play Willie Mays in LF and DiMaggio in CF? Doesn't make sense to me. Why 3 RH 2nd basemen...superfluous...add 99 collins and sell any 2 of the others. I'd want one more LHP in my pen for playoff matchups, I would jiggle the lineup a bit as well, not 5 lefties then 4 righties, makes it too easy on the AI.

I can come up with more, but it would be classified. ;)

One Great Matrix 02-16-2020 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orion (Post 4587637)
I was very impressed but..

Perfect-est?

I can nitpick....

Why would you play Willie Mays in LF and DiMaggio in CF? Doesn't make sense to me. Why 3 RH 2nd basemen...superfluous...add 99 collins and sell any 2 of the others. I'd want one more LHP in my pen for playoff matchups, I would jiggle the lineup a bit as well, not 5 lefties then 4 righties, makes it too easy on the AI.

I can come up with more, but it would be classified. ;)

You should share. Make some of us MLB GMs one day or something.

But I would say you ARE INDEED nitpicking...

They are ranked 10th of all the teams in the PT Universe...& that's winning % alone among teams that have at least 3000 wins... I have played EDIT: 4 or 5 of the others & my team was not as good at the time... but still performed better...PT 2.0 has been a continual part of my life and I have become sort of (like I might have been managing better early on) and maybe I had no answers because of computer fatigue...

Buuuut....I've noted Singapore, the Bombers (who finished below .500 one season to demonstrate a note on why 11th best win % doesn't necessarily mean 10 teams are ....more well-constructed than theirs)... the NO Brees, & the Singapore Sluggers as the best.

Match-ups as well....umm, hey I guess I COULD have won the series & I wouldn't have praised them as much...but I honestly was like for once, feeling, in ALL probability this team will beat me 3 times before I beat them 3 times. So I might just be saying they'd be the hardest team for MY team to face, not anyone's. But have averaged nearly 125 wins a season. (124.7)

It's just a small person's opinion, though. Don't sweat it. Plus what I said in the previous post about perfect, (perfecter), perfectest. It all points to it being a fairy tale of sorts, the idea of a perfect team, even in a computer program.; that's basically my explanation for why you can point out flaws with their team.

You could do it for any team if you look for them...you probably know that.

Orion 02-16-2020 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Great Matrix (Post 4587723)
You should share. Make some of us MLB GMs one day or something.

But I would say you ARE INDEED nitpicking...

They are ranked 10th of all the teams in the PT Universe...& that's winning % alone among teams that have at least 3000 wins... I have played EDIT: 4 or 5 of the others & my team was not as good at the time... but still performed better...PT 2.0 has been a continual part of my life and I have become sort of (like I might have been managing better early on) and maybe I had no answers because of computer fatigue...

Buuuut....I've noted Singapore, the Bombers (who finished below .500 one season to demonstrate a note on why 11th best win % doesn't necessarily mean 10 teams are ....more well-constructed than theirs)... the NO Brees, & the Singapore Sluggers as the best.

Match-ups as well....umm, hey I guess I COULD have won the series & I wouldn't have praised them as much...but I honestly was like for once, feeling, in ALL probability this team will beat me 3 times before I beat them 3 times. So I might just be saying they'd be the hardest team for MY team to face, not anyone's. But have averaged nearly 125 wins a season. (124.7)

It's just a small person's opinion, though. Don't sweat it. Plus what I said in the previous post about perfect, (perfecter), perfectest. It all points to it being a fairy tale of sorts, the idea of a perfect team, even in a computer program.; that's basically my explanation for why you can point out flaws with their team.

You could do it for any team if you look for them...you probably know that.

Well, I personally can't see why anyone plays with a generic stadium like he does...that would be one thing I think he's missing out on. The team is perfectly balanced and all, but it's still the best team money can buy. I did go 4-3 against him with my silly theme team while losing against your squad 2 games to 5, but small sample sizes and all.

One Great Matrix 02-23-2020 06:18 PM

2066 Update Final

So in 2066, The Angel Fire Guardians & New York Flyers ended up in the same division and it was a 2-horse race all the way. Or 2-team race I should have said. Now I've said both.

The Flyers had a slim lead most of the race but the Guardians demonstrated superior endurance down the stretch to win the division by a slim margin.

I woke up to a 2-2 tie in the DS round of the playoffs vs. the Montreal Expos who had the best record in the league (114-48)... So the first sim of the day was the last...as we lost a Vida Blue (NYF) vs. Tim Keefe (ME) "Game 7" Game 5 by the score of 1 for the Expos and 0 for us. We threatened on a few occasions, including a lead-off double in the 9th that led to an Arky Vaughan AB with the bases loaded & 2 out. He hit a nice fly ball to CF right into their CF's glove and celebrated their triumph.

I don't think I was really "game" for another series against the Guardians anyway.

During the regular season Schmidt, J. Robinson. E. Delahanty, W. Mays, A. Vaughan & C. Yelich took the bulk of the ABs, each with 400+.

R. Campanella, T. Speaker, John Olerud, Willie Keeler, Jose Reyes & Keith Hernandez took 200-399 ABs each.

19 other players were in the 1-199 official AB range.

Maybe it's time I straightened out my position players' approach....OR take 3 weeks off. OR...

One Great Matrix 02-23-2020 06:30 PM

2066 Summary

2 Attachment(s)
The P.461 bigger picture summary:

Hello, Dogberry!

One Great Matrix 02-25-2020 01:39 AM

Well, I had a good first month of 2067, winning 20 out of 27 games.

I decided on KIND OF taking 3 weeks off. The AI is there, it works. (I had some ?s about the AI...kind of amusing.)

We're right in that period between versions & these 3 weeks could end on March 15th.

So I can wake up on March 16th to new baseball in at least 3 ways.

I don't know what the hell I'm gonna do between now & then, though. :laugh:

One Great Matrix 02-26-2020 01:36 AM

38-17 after day 2 of 6 (June 3, 2067)

The whole team is playing pretty well & we're well within playoff bounds right now.

The Los Angeles Dodgers, in my division, had a torrent 24-3 May or something like that. They now have a slightly better record than me. (38-15)...

Good Night

One Great Matrix 02-27-2020 01:21 AM

Halfway 2067

17-9 today to move to 55-26 on the season...my 2nd one maybe? on more or less auto-pilot out of 48 weeks now....:)

The Los Angeles Dodgers still hold a 3 game advantage in the division... I'm having one of my better ummm RS-RA seasons to this point.

The only managing I've done was to replace the not-hitting Mike Schmidt with Mr. Met David Wright at third base. I did that very recently. Other than that...

Had AI set things before season and adjusted everything just that once to "correct" the AI and the results at exactly the halfway mark by month:

April 19-6
May 18-10
June 16-9
July 2-1

I'm not sure if the slight slip each month is sheer coincidence or something to do with setting EVERYTHING before the start of the regular season & often having to make a few adjustments to keep up or improve.

Anyway, Good Night from the New York Flyers to You

One Great Matrix 02-28-2020 01:24 AM

The trend continued

April 19-6 (.760)
May 18-10 (.643)
June 16-9 (.640)
July 15-10 (.600)
August 0-3

Still one of the 5 playoff teams in the conference, but our record has gotten worse month by month.

We now stand 6.5 GB of 1st place and .5 game better than the other projected wild card.

One Great Matrix 02-28-2020 09:46 AM

Looking at a -7 Pythagorean right now, that's the most extreme I can remember one of my teams being. The most I've seen for another team away from 0 is +17?? ...torwards the end of the season they'd managed to win 17 more games than expected based on their RS-RA.

So while we're 6.5 games back, you might say...that we've had some tough luck so far in 2067.

And it looks...at first glance...that if there's some kind of whale in my league? It's me! :laugh:

I'm not the least bit tempted *YET* to micro-manage to a few games better regular season record...but Idk...who knows what I'll do Sunday esp. considering I'm not using so much energy on what is, even in simulation world, a very long regular season!

So basically I'm drinking a little more, & getting some other real-life things in order or whatever & as I woke up today there was confirmation that this break was necessary. Pretty good timing all in all, too.

One Great Matrix 02-29-2020 01:47 AM

So the Flyers went on a 10 game win streak today & as things stand have 1 game to make up in their division. The Flyers have 29 games left on their schedule ...and the 1st place Los Angeles Dodgers have 28 games remaining on their schedule. Did the trend of monthly slipping continue? I do not think so. I think we may have finished with a slightly better record in August than we did July. That, my friends, bodes well for this season's campaign.

One Great Matrix 03-01-2020 02:10 AM

Finished the regular season 104-58 and will host the Wild Card game.
Season ended on the 2nd-to-last day on the schedule when we lost to the Los Angeles Dodgers. We lost to the Dodgers the next day as well, winding up 4 GB of first place.
Had one of our best seasons statistically but because of the Auto-Pilot (or possibly...coincidence), our projected record of 116-46 was watered down quite a bit.

I haven't made plans for the playoffs yet.