OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   PT Dynasty Reports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3963)
-   -   The New York Flyers Thread (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=304794)

One Great Matrix 11-25-2019 12:22 PM

The 2054 season is underway. Tom Seaver pitched a CG shutout on Opening Day. Rickey Henderson stole 3 bases & scored once. That would have been enough.

One Great Matrix 11-25-2019 05:55 PM

We're 6-4 after 10 games. We're going with the same players from the end of last season right now.

Considering a few players for subbing in including:

Eric Davis OF
Darryl Strawberry RF
Tony Gwynn RF/DH
Lenny Dykstra CF
Bo Jackson LF
Ozzie Smith SS
George Brett 3B
Keith Hernandez 1B

And a few others...Jerry Koosman, Sid Fernandez.

Maybe I'll post some updates this week

One Great Matrix 11-26-2019 10:41 PM

32-14 after 46 games and running right behind the Bearsville Bears... for once, after a decent handful of games, there doesn't seem to be any team in the whole 30-team league that is decidedly "running away with it".

For the time being, I even have the best RS-RA margin at (+127).

For the rest of the week, I will try some of my preferred subs without trying my luck too much and see how it goes.

One Great Matrix 11-27-2019 05:44 AM

Jerry Koosman was smacked around in his first 2 starts, and that'll probably be it for him. Craig Biggio was subbed in as well & he helped the team win at least one game with a grand slam, & is putting up slightly above "average" (PL) numbers.

One Great Matrix 11-27-2019 10:21 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Carlos Correa is going to give the Iron Man a rest at SS starting with today's sim & ending ?...Figure maybe I'll insert El Sid in for Jerry Koosman next time around the rotation since I wanted him to play, too.

And then we have a few other reserves who I want to play but I'll have to monitor our team's progress at the same time & not give our division away.

Right now:

One Great Matrix 11-28-2019 07:19 PM

At the All-Star Break...

1 Attachment(s)
in P433 2054

One Great Matrix 11-30-2019 11:11 PM

Nearing the end of the regular season 2054

1 Attachment(s)
The Flyers are 102-54, a 4-2 finish from tying their best record ever. A 5-1 or better finish away from breaking their 106-win mark.

However, that's not all that's on the line. The Flyers are MATHEMATICALLY just about barely alive in the division race. If we finish 6-0, the Bearsville Bears would have to go 2-5 or worse to blow their now comfortable 4.5 game lead in the division. It has been back-and-forth all season. Both teams have led for some time, no more than 3-5 games by either team. So it would be a very good time for another see-saw act. Doesn't really seem like the most likely thing right now...And I'd have to say the MLB playoff format is kind of screwy with us finishing with the 2nd best mark in the conference & having to win a wild card game and a best-of-5 series just to get to the conference championship.

However, that should be a fun challenge tomorrow if I don't get immediately ousted...and in the meantime I picked up Lefty Grove from the auction house.

One Great Matrix 12-01-2019 02:54 AM

Finished 108-54!

But we're the Wild Card tomorrow.

But then again the 2 teams that finished better than me only finished 3 games, & 4 games ahead of me.

One Great Matrix 12-01-2019 08:22 PM

Plan, postseason foiled

I decided to pitch Tom Seaver (RHP) against the Landsharks in the Wild Card game & set up for maybe Lefty Grove and Vida Blue (LHP) at least 3 times in the DS…BECAUSE… The Landsharks were .530 (-.007) vs. RHP, and more importantly the Bears were .524 (-.161) vs. LHP during the regular season.

So I set Seaver as the starting pitcher and checked my lineup. Submit.

However, 75 seconds or so before gametime I noticed Lefty Grove was in line to start the Wild Card game. ..Pretty SURE I just set it to Seaver… Game simulated before I was able to decide to try & set it to Seaver again and I even ended up LOSING the game 4-1!

Plus Turns out I had set the vs. left-handed lineup before the game too even though Walter Johnson is actually a right-handed pitcher (Big Walt/Big Unit Confusion)… This wasn't that big of a deal since my latest vs. RHP lineup played the game; just didn't hit much.

Did the AI try to automatically start my #1 pitcher ??

One Great Matrix 12-02-2019 09:25 PM

I am in a MONSTER of a division this season...

Me+
Edmonton SnowPlows (4000+ wins, .698 WPct., 1 PL title)
Flatbush Dukes (.674 WPct., 2 PL titles)
Exeter Blue Hawks (14 PL titles)
Metchosin Bulldogs...

8-11 after 19 games, 4th place.

One Great Matrix 12-04-2019 03:13 AM

28-26, 4th place.

Snow Plows are plowing away in 1st place...

Think it's the Exeter Blue Hawks playing .68? ball even though they got off to a slowish start, they rebounded from that mightily.

And the Flatbush Dukes are in 3rd place and represent the wild card at .660.

We 7-1/2 games back...

Rickey Henderson stole home plate in the top of the 9th in a tie game we went on to win a few virtual weeks ago. 1st time I saw that...

Lou Gehrig & Darryl Strawberry both hit what must have been "one of the longest home runs ever hit"...ha, that's a few seasons (10+) ago now. Well, I'm just recounting them now...Highlights...highlights. I parted with Gehrig.

Tekulve blew a couple big ones but he still has his job. (This season).

That's about it for now.

One Great Matrix 12-05-2019 12:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Will there be a 14th straight postseason?

One Great Matrix 12-06-2019 07:23 PM

Well…63-57 after 120 games. Kind of an off-year. And the worst of the top 3 teams in the division is the Exeter Blue Hawks at 85-37. 1st place the SnowPlows are 99-22. The Flatbush Dukes (88-34) are sandwiched in between them. The schedule is FILLED (80%+) with games against these 3 teams in the final month of the regular season.

One Great Matrix 12-09-2019 12:55 AM

Finished the season at 83-79. SnowPlows made it to finals & lost to the KIA Tigers.

One Great Matrix 12-09-2019 04:50 AM

Pitching 2055

1 Attachment(s)
Some pitching stats from the past year because I used Kent Tekulve as closer. And maybe to compare them to next year's statistics...

Regular Starters
Lefty Grove 14-11, 3.85 ERA
Vida Blue 11-10, 3.96 ERA
Tom Seaver 12-11, 3.32 ERA
Johan Santana 9-8, 4.61 ERA

Other starters
Bob Gibson 8-5, 2.96 ERA
Sandy Koufax 1-6, 10.44 ERA
Dwight Gooden 3-5, 4.86 ERA

Relievers

Kent Tekulve 20/27 in save opportunities
Brian Wilson 10/15 in save opportunities
Christy Mathewson 3/10 in save opportunities
Mariano Rivera 5/9 in save opportunities

STAFF TOTAL: 38 saves in 66 save opportunities (57.5%), 28 total blown saves.

Overall Runs differential went from franchise-best +321 previous season to -4 on the season. Streak of 13 consecutive playoff appearances ended, a whopping 32 games behind the 2nd wild card.

One Great Matrix 12-15-2019 05:08 AM

End of 2056 Regular Season

Had a great bounceback 2056 regular season. I'll update sometime tomorrow night, Monday, Tuesday or Wednesday probably with a sort of season in review post. Peeeaaace!!!!!!

One Great Matrix 12-16-2019 12:27 AM

CHAMPIONS!

Catchers: Roy Campanella, Gary Carter.

Infield: Keith Hernandez, Jackie Robinson, Frankie Frisch, Wade Boggs, Mike Schmidt, Chipper Jones, Cal Ripken Jr.

Outfield: Christian Yelich, Mike Trout, Rickey Henderson, Frank Robinson, Tris Speaker, Gary Sheffield, Willie Keeler (DH).

Pitchers: Sandy Koufax, Christy Mathewson, Vida Blue, Brian Wilson, Roy Halladay, Lefty Grove, Dwight Gooden, Johan Santana, Lee Smith, Tom Seaver, & Joe McGinnity.

One Great Matrix 12-17-2019 02:19 AM

Pitching 2056

Here's the contrast from a couple posts ago representing last season/week.

Lefty Grove: 16-9, 240 ERA
Vida Blue: 25-2, 1.90 ERA
Tom Seaver 18-8, 3.07 ERA
Dwight Gooden 14-6, 3.35 ERA
Johan Santana 14-5, 3.50 ERA

Joe McGinnity 5-2, 5.91 ERA

---------------

So....

Lee Smith saved 49 games with 53 total opportunities. or so.
Brian Wilson saved 4 games with 7 total opportunities. or so. (He was good, though all in all)
C. Mathewson was 3-for-3.
Koufax and Halladay both 2-for-3. (4-for-6) see how easy things get out of control)..."we would have would 4 if they didn't blow 2" as in 2-for-4 and perfect in a couple others...
And Lefty Grove blew one.

TOTAL: 60 saves in 70 chances... 85.7% conversion.

If you check out the post from last season it was under 60% and I believe something like 18 more possible wins based just on closing out. :):D

One Great Matrix 12-17-2019 02:33 AM

Quicksummary

I'm one of the funniest mother fwhuckoopsers alive. I beat the Budapest Red Devils with the left arm of God. I kicked their ass, 4 games to 1. A team with a winning pct. Of .800+ on the season reduced to a .200 team over 45 thrilling innings. The team went 115-47 in the regular season. The Budapest Red Devils 130-32. (3-3 regular season series). Didn't matter.

One Great Matrix 12-17-2019 03:38 AM

2056 playoffs scores

Here's the raw results. I guess I will add anything else this week as far as those highlights and details.

First Round - Norway Dodgers - (YIKES!)

Flyers Ballpark
Flyers 10, Norway 3
Flyers 5, Norway 7
(1-1)

Norwegian Airlines Stadium
Norway 4, Flyers 3 (YIKES!)
Flyers 4, Norway 3

Flyers Ballpark
Flyers 5, Norway 1

NOTE: I did not expect to face this team in the playoffs because of the 8 or 9 similar teams in my conference but had noted them in game results during regular season looking at their lineup (and sorta pitching) as a team that could easily beat me 3 out of 5. ( I realized if I did face them it would likely be in round 1)

Second round - West Ham (United) Hammers
Flyers Ballpark
Flyers 2, Hammers 1
Flyers 1, Hammers 3

London Stadium
Flyers 9, Hammers 6
Flyers 6, Hammers 3
Flyers 3, Hammers 0

FINALS - Budapest Red Devils (Gonna have to be PERFECT)

Old Trafford
Red Devils 5, Flyers 1
Flyers 7, Red Devils 0

Flyers Ballpark
Flyers 1, Red Devils 0 (This actually qualifies as an epic pitching face-off between Cy Young (RD) & Lefty Grove (NYF)) (THANK YOU, LORD)
Flyers 9, Red Devils 4 (can smell victory)
Flyers 6, Red Devils 1

One Great Matrix 12-18-2019 05:57 PM

What else happened last season?

I had the most All-Stars I've ever had... I believe it was 8?

Vida Blue won pitcher of the year and 2 others (Seaver & Grove) finished up there in the voting.
Sandy Koufax won for reliever of the year. I couldn't or didn't want to use him as a closer but he was excellent as a set-up man to Lee Smith and actually started the final game of the season and won it. It's kinda nice when you can bring your best reliever in to start an important game.

I let up under 500 runs for the first time. The defense, you see, hasn't changed much over the past 5 seasons but like on offense the players' performance varies quite a bit in the field & with just 2 or 3 of the players having subpar seasons, the team would often finish like 15th in defense and that can add quite a bit of runs, sometimes 4+ in one game all because you didn't get that one out and the inning is extended...

But last season it all clicked and they finished in the top 3 in defense statistically.

Yelich had a very fine season offensively, but mostly offensively we just relied on scoring ENOUGH runs in any given game while relying mostly on defense & pitching keeping the runs off the board.

I played the Doors during the last 2 rounds of the playoffs and ...well, that's just a detail but it seemed to help, maybe in making decisions. Like something told me to start Gooden in game 1 of the finals, to the point I couldn't ignore this suggestion...he lost, & we were down 0-1 but it felt right...and then we cruised the rest of the way, with I guess Seaver, Grove, Blue & Koufax all keeping the Red Devils (who scored over 1000) runs on the season to next to nothing. In fact the most they scored I think was 4 (0, 0, 1, 4), and they scored those runs in garbage time after it was 9-0.
Need I mention that this included setting myself up with a few brewskies during the playoffs? This was the 1st time in quite awhile that I drank at all, nevermind during the playoffs...As The Dude said in The Big Lebowski, it helps "to keep the mind limber".

Obviously adding Lee Smith helped...really needed him in a lot of games to get through that 9th inning without giving some of these offensive powerhouses a chance to win it in extras.

And basically I added Speaker because I noticed Henderson wasn't hitting at all against right-handed pitching. That didn't seem to do much at first but eventually he was swatting right-handed pitching all over the park.

Good night.

One Great Matrix 12-20-2019 07:13 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The Flyers are 81-40 in 2057. We're holding on to a rather slim (3.5 game) lead in the NC West. We have what looks like some stiff competition around the league if we are to repeat.

Last season's playoff bracket and game summaries from finals follow:

One Great Matrix 12-20-2019 07:16 PM

Game 1 2056 Finals vs. Budapest Red Devils

1 Attachment(s)
I decided to start D. Gooden against Ed Walsh...We lost the game 5-1 but I couldn't have felt better about the decision considering we dropped game 1.

One Great Matrix 12-20-2019 07:19 PM

Game 2 2056 Finals vs. Budapest Red Devils

1 Attachment(s)
We put a lot of runs on the board early (Keeler, Hernandez, Campanella) & Vida Blue's Pitcher of the Year level pitching continued as he threw 8 innings without giving up a run & we tied up the series 1-1.

One Great Matrix 12-20-2019 07:22 PM

Game 3 2056 Finals vs. Budapest Red Devils

1 Attachment(s)
1 run on 10 hits total between the two teams with Cy Young (BRD) & Lefty Grove (NYF) on the mound. If I remember correctly, the only run was after Hernandez tripled to lead off an inning and was able to walk home on a ball put in play, I don't quite remember whether it was a ground ball or a sac fly...But it was the only run in the game.

One Great Matrix 12-20-2019 07:27 PM

Game 4 2056 Finals vs. Budapest Red Devils

1 Attachment(s)
With a 2-1 lead in the series going into game 4, 'twas a pivotal game. Could go up 3-1 with 3 more chances to win it, or allow them to tie the series with one home game left & 2 on the road. Seaver ended up throwing 7 innings allowing just 1 run and we scored early and semi-often, starting with a 3-R HR by Roy Campanella in the bottom of the 1st. By the time Joe McGinnity relieved Seaver in the 8th inning we were up 9-1.

One Great Matrix 12-20-2019 07:35 PM

Game 5 2056 Finals vs. Budapest Red Devils

1 Attachment(s)
Having thrown our 3 aces in games 2, 3 & 4 I had to make a decision as to whether to start Johan Santana, Sandy Koufax (or someone else) in game 5. Hoping history would repeat itself in this case, I chose to start Sandy Koufax who defeated Cy Young and the Red Devils in a regular season game at Flyers Ballpark, 7-3. Koufax turned in another fine start, even better than in the regular season and we won game 5, 6-1. & the series.

One Great Matrix 12-22-2019 03:11 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The Flyers broke their previous best mark of 106 wins for the 2nd straight season in 2057, finishing 109-53 & winning their division. Ultimately we won the division by 5 games but we were about even with the Las Vegas KnightHawks with 12 or so games remaining when we pulled out a 20-inning 3-2 victory that seemed to give us momentum the rest of the way.

We won our 1st round series, 3-0 over the Carolina Sox & await the winner of the other DS. One of those teams could be the Night's Watch Crows, who won 130 games in the regular season.

In the other conference, should we win the LCS, the Kogarah Kings are still alive & well...and they won 131 in the regular season.

Attached is the 20-inning win and a game during the regular season that I noticed each player got exactly 1 hit. Just don't believe I'd seen that ever.

One Great Matrix 12-22-2019 09:13 PM

It ain't over 'til it's over

The Redondo Beach Rockets dropped 5 runs on me in the 8th & 9th innings of game 7 of the LCS to turn a 2-5 deficit into a 7-6 victory and advance to the World Series.

The series was set up when the Rockets snuck by the Night's Watch Crows in the best of 5 divisional series.

In the series, to start with, we dropped the first two games at home to dig a little 0-2 hole for ourselves...only to win all 3 of the next games on the road.

The Rockets owned game 6.

Game 7 was 5-2 in the top of the 8th with 1 out bases empty...Seaver got in a little trouble and Lee Smith relieved him. I would say Smith was awful but basically he gave up 2 big hits to Kirby Puckett and 2 big hits to Ted Williams and that was about 1 hit too many all in all. (A couple great hitters in his defense.)

So the Rockets tied it at 5 in the 8th, and took the lead in the 9th. We mustered a home run in the bottom of the 9th (Rickey) but that only cut what was now 7-5 to 7-6.

It was mostly a good year because I spent a lot of it relieved I had won my first perfects series last season. I also did a nice job of winning the division against a Las Vegas KnightHawks team that more than stuck around.

I might kind of do that for one more week...maybe (bask in 2056 championship glory)...it's good to win but it's not like I didn't do a lot of that this week as well. Then it's kind of back to winning it all or bust with a few exceptions.

One Great Matrix 12-23-2019 06:16 AM

2057 Playoffs Games Summary

Divisional Series Round vs. Carolina Sox

HOME
Game 1: 2-0 W - Vida Blue 7.1 IP, 0 ER
Game 2: 9-4 W - Mike Trout 3-R HR in Bot. 2nd

AWAY
Game 3: 7-3 W - Henderson, Olerud, Keeler (7-for-14, 4 R, 5 RBI)

League Championship Series vs. Redondo Beach Rockets

HOME
Game 1: 5-6 L (11 innings) - Flyers: 4-run 8th inning
Game 2: 2-4 L - V. Blue 7 IP, 4 ER

AWAY
Game 3: 4-3 W - Seaver 7 IP, 2 ER (Lee Smith allows run in both appearances so far) (C. Mathewson Save)
Game 4: 2-1 W - Koufax 9 IP, 0 ER
Game 5: 3-1 W - Grove 7 IP, 1 ER. Schmidt, Ripken Jr. Solo HRs.

HOME
Game 6: 2-8 L - V. Blue 6.2 IP, 7 ER
Game 7: 6-7 L - Seaver 7.1 IP, 7 H, 4 ER. Lee Smith 1.2 IP, 6 H, 3 ER. Flyers: Took 5-2 lead into 8th inning.

This was really quite the series with the wrong ending for me. The Rockets went on to beat the 131-31 Kogarah Kings 4-2 in the finals. Congratulations to them. They went only 86-76 during the regular season, did not play particularly good defense but their offense was built on high contact in every respect, & they were able to defeat all the aces they needed to en route to their 2nd PL title.

One Great Matrix 12-24-2019 03:14 AM

The New York Flyers decided to start 2058 with a New York Mets theme.

My active roster is made up so far of...

Current Mets

2B Jeff McNeil
P RHP Jacob deGrom, Noah Syndergaard

Former Mets as Mets

C Todd Hundley
1B John Olerud
RF Darryl Strawberry
3B David Wright
3B Robin Ventura
2B Edgardo Alfonzo
CF Mookie Wilson!
Howard Johnson
SS Rey Ordonez
SS Jose Reyes
CF Lance Johnson
Ps: LHP Tug McGraw, Sid Fernandez. RHP Ron Darling, Dwight Gooden, Tom Seaver, & David Cone.

Former Mets as Non-Mets

CF Rickey Henderson (Yankee)
LF George Foster (Red)
C Gary Carter (Expo)
OF Lenny Dykstra (Phillie)
Ps: LHP Johan Santana (Twin). RHP Pedro Martinez (Expo).

A little wrinkle: P Lefty Grove (Philly A's Legend)

Anyone care to guess what the Amazin's record is after 27 games?

One Great Matrix 12-24-2019 07:11 PM

Dante Bichette's son Bo, Bo Bichette has become the 2nd never-a-Met to play for the squad in 2058. Can't explain why him & Lefty slipped through... but right now you can't tell whether we're in 1st or 4th place...fun division. Really all the teams are just winning and losing.

One Great Matrix 12-25-2019 10:50 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Month two went not much different than month one but we were one the wrong side of .500 this time. We're going to spend today as the New York Mets/Flyers at least, then I'll decide whether I want to make some umm All-Star break blockbuster "trades" for non-Mets that can help us win the league. Cheers & Merrry Christmas, Jews...haha.

One Great Matrix 12-25-2019 10:48 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Our latest nail-biter brought our record to 39-35. It was a win, in which 6 out of the 7 runs in the game were scored in the 9th and 10th innings. We are still on the outside looking in concerning the playoffs but still right in the hunt, too...Hrmm.

It's kind of hard to consider abandoning the theme because I will have to in order to qualify for the playoffs...

But then again it was hard to switch to the theme after 2 very successful non-themed seasons. :D

One Great Matrix 12-30-2019 03:52 AM

In 2058, we won the first 2 games of the season against Barcelona Baseball as the New York Mets & lost the last 2 games of the season against Barcelona Baseball with only a few Mets left on the roster.

Our record in the 1st half all_mets was 43-38. Our record in the 2nd half with a mostly optimized roster was 59-22. I left McGraw & Sid Fernandez and a few position players out there because they were Mets. They did quite well, actually...John Olerud (Mets 96 1998 card) won MVP of the league! He did what I had hoped earlier incarnations (Mariners 01, Blue Jays '90s) would do ...hit .350+ and play solid 1B defense...I guess the moral of the story is wait for the right card, it just might be coming...

On to 2059...

One Great Matrix 12-30-2019 04:02 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Jim Gilliam gave credit to his whole squad after defeating the Flyers 3-2 in the Divisional series but once again he beat us single-handedly in reality.

So...Jim...would you like to play for us? :laugh:

One Great Matrix 12-30-2019 10:35 AM

The 2059 Flyers

To start the season, we're probably going to roll out the following players, give or take 1 or 3 maximum:

Catchers: Mike Piazza & Gary Carter

Infielders: John Olerud, Jackie Robinson, Edgardo Alfonzo, Al Rosen, Arky Vaughan, Jose Reyes AND Rey Ordonez (hope that's not too Metsy for you) (or me). :laugh:

Outfielders: Yelich, Speaker, Henderson, Cobb & Keeler. I'm not sure why they're last name only.

Pitchers: Tom Seaver, Lefty Grove, Vida Blue, David Cone, Sandy Koufax...the unfair starting staff. And in the pen: Lee Smith, Brian Wilson, Roy Halladay, Christy Mathewson, Johan Santana & Tug McGraw. I'm hoping they spend a good 85.5% of the innings behind the outfield walls …

Here's hoping this week agrees with me. Oh have a nice time with the game & everything else if you happen to be reading this, I guess. Or screw up. Screw everything up & make a sterling recovery... OR don't even bother with the recovery. See where that takes you, eh?

One Great Matrix 12-31-2019 01:53 AM

April 2059

Current Team Record: 19-5

Team Leaders

Batting

AVG.
Mike Piazza .333
Jose Reyes .303
Christian Yelich .301
Willie Keeler .300
Edgardo Alfonzo .300
Tris Speaker .286

HR
Yelich 9
Speaker 4

XBH
Christian Yelich 14
Tris Speaker 7
Jackie Robinson 6

RBIs
Yelich 21
Alfonzo 14
Keeler 11

RUNS
Yelich 17
Keeler 11
Cobb 10

Pitching

WINS
Tom Seaver 4
Grove, Cone & Blue 3

ERA
Brian Wilson 0.00
Lefty Grove 1.37
Tom Seaver 1.42
Vida Blue 1.78
Roy Halladay 2.16

Ks
Grove 38
Seaver 36
Cone 33

SAVES
Lee Smith 10/11

*Adiuex for now*

One Great Matrix 01-01-2020 02:18 AM

May 2059

Current Team Record: 36-17

Team Leaders

Batting

AVG.
Ty Cobb .340
J. Olerud .320
W. Keeler .292
Mike Piazza .287

HR
Yelich 10
Al Rosen 6
M. Piazza 6

XBH
Yelich 18
WKeeler 15
ARosen 14

RBIs
Willie Keeler 31
Christian Yelich 31
A smattering of 7 other players with 14-19

RUNS
Cobb 28
Rosen 23
Olerud 21
CYelich/JRobinson 20

Pitching

WINS
Blue 8
TSeaver 7
LGrove 5

ERA
VBlue 1.67
Halladay 1.88
LGrove 1.98
CMathewson 2.16
Tug McGraw 2.57

Ks
Lefty Grove 87
Koufax 72
David Cone 69

SAVES
Lee Smith 18/20
Johan Santana 2/4

One Great Matrix 01-01-2020 11:12 PM

1 Attachment(s)
The highlight of this one was a mammoth HR by Jackie Robinson to dead center. But he hit it for the New York Flyers, not his old team. The Dodgers' new ballpark looks amazing. :laugh:

One Great Matrix 01-02-2020 02:19 AM

June 2059

Alright, end of June 2059 update...What do you want to know?

Who has hit a lot of home runs through 82 games?
Christian Yelich 13, Al Rosen 10, Mike Piazza 9

Batting Average:
Jose Reyes .333
Willie Keeler .330
John Olerud .328
Ty Cobb .309
Arky Vaughan .309

RBI Leaderboard

Willie Keeler 51
Christian Yelich 47
Al Rosen 35
John Olerud 35
Mike Piazza 34
Ty Cobb 34
Jackie Robinson 31

Runs Leaderboard
Ty Cobb 50
Willie Keeler 43
John Olerud 42
Al Rosen 40

Team Record: 54-28. Team Position: 1st in division, 1st in conference

Pitching?

Vida Blue is 11-1 & the best pitcher in Perfect Leagues over the past 4 seasons. (If not, I'm fairly certain he's top 5 in all of the leagues.)
Lefty Grove & Tom Seaver have 9 wins each.
David Cone has 8 wins.

ERA Leaders:

Vida Blue 1.58
Roy Halladay 1.64
Lefty Grove 1.85
Christy Mathewson 2.67

Lefty Grove has 141 Ks.

The offense really woke up in June but we had some ...well, great pitching performances consistently in April, less so in June.

Anyway, team's playing good ball

One Great Matrix 01-03-2020 02:38 AM

End of July 2059 Update

At the end of July's games, the New York Flyers have a 73-34 record. They are first in their division by 2.5 games. They have the best record in their conference, the 2nd best in the league.

Here's a few of the statistical, err, highlights or something:

Batting Average Leaders

Willie Keeler .343
Jose Reyes .335
John Olerud .318
Arky Vaughan .315
Mike Piazza .302
TEAM: .291 (2nd in conference, best Flyers' team BA in quite some time, could probably drop .010 points & still be a team record. Or it could go up .010 & we could bat .300 as a team.)

Home Runs - C. Yelich 18, Al Rosen 11, Mike Piazza 10.

RBI - C. Yelich 64, J. Olerud 55, W. Keeler 53.

Runs - Cobb 61, Yelich 55, Olerud 50, Jackie Robinson 50, Keeler 49, Al Rosen 48.

Stolen Bases
Ty Cobb 59
Rickey Henderson 36
Tris Speaker 25
TEAM: 193 successful swipes in 107 games. Caught 72 times now.

Extra-Base Hits: C. Yelich 40, T. Speaker 37, Al Rosen 33, J. Robinson 33, W. Keeler 31.

Pitching

Wins - Blue 15, Grove 12, Seaver 11, Cone 10.

ERA Leaders
Roy Halladay 1.37
Vida Blue 1.73
Tug McGraw 2.25
Lefty Grove 2.38
Christy Mathewson 2.45

Ks (from lower to highest) (TEAM: League-leading 956)
Cone 128
Blue 133
Seaver 138
Grove 169

Fresh off a 2-2 series against Cliffside Park (70-36) & in our division.

One Great Matrix 01-04-2020 03:05 AM

August 2059

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Great Matrix (Post 4573781)
Current Team Record: 36-17

Team Leaders

Batting

AVG.
Ty Cobb .340
J. Olerud .320
W. Keeler .292
Mike Piazza .287

HR
Yelich 10
Al Rosen 6
M. Piazza 6

XBH
Yelich 18
WKeeler 15
ARosen 14

RBIs
Willie Keeler 31
Christian Yelich 31
A smattering of 7 other players with 14-19

RUNS
Cobb 28
Rosen 23
Olerud 21
CYelich/JRobinson 20

Pitching

WINS
Blue 8
TSeaver 7
LGrove 5

ERA
VBlue 1.67
Halladay 1.88
LGrove 1.98
CMathewson 2.16
Tug McGraw 2.57

Ks
Lefty Grove 87
Koufax 72
David Cone 69

SAVES
Lee Smith 18/20
Johan Santana 2/4

August sometimes has a way of messing me up but the team played alright...

At the end of August we are 91-43 and 3 games up in the division. I think about 20 weeks ago I said something about knowing things are going good when you've got 80 wins on Friday...Now I've got 90.

Here are the newest numbers:

Batting

AVERAGE
J. Reyes .342
W. Keeler .324
J. Olerud .313
A. Vaughan .310
J. Robinson .303
T. Speaker .284
M. Piazza .283

HOME RUNS
C. Yelich 21
J. Robinson 14
M. Piazza 13
A. Rosen 13

XBH
C. Yelich 47
T. Speaker 44
A. Rosen 43
J. Robinson 43

RBI
J. Olerud 71
C. Yelich 71
J. Robinson 67
W. Keeler 65

RUNS
T. Cobb 69
C. Yelich 68
J. Olerud 63
W. Keeler 62

STOLEN BASES
T. Cobb 75/92
R. Henderson 44/58
T. Speaker 31/39
J. Reyes 23/35
W. Keeler 23/34

PITCHING

Wins
V. Blue 19
L. Grove 15
T. Seaver 14

ERA
R. Halladay 1.31
V. Blue 1.64
C. Mathewson 1.94
L. Grove 2.46

STRIKEOUTS
L. Grove 208
T. Seaver 168
D. Cone 168
V. Blue 158
S. Koufax 152

QUALITY STARTS
V. Blue 25/27
L. Grove 20/27
T. Seaver 16/28

SAVES
L. Smith 36/39

One Great Matrix 01-05-2020 12:49 AM

2059 & #1 seed in P435 NC East clinched with 9-4 win in game 159.

I messed that up. NC East clinched. #1 seed in NC clinched. Defeated Cliffside Crush 9-4 in game 159 to move to 110-49 and 5 games ahead of Crush with 3 regular season games left.

WooHoo!

One Great Matrix 01-05-2020 03:17 AM

Mickey

1 Attachment(s)
Mouse...I'm not saying he's got $500 on the Flyers to win.

One Great Matrix 01-05-2020 04:31 AM

Mickey...betting on the Flyers

That's ridiculous. Horsesh*t if you ask me.

We won our division with our 3838th all-time win. But I'm not sure how many divisions that is to date. Perhaps another time. EDIT: 22. 22 divisions in 39 seasons.

2059 New York Flyers…SOME final regular season numbers

Wins 111
Losses 51

PITCHING (Team: 2.93 ERA)
Tom Seaver 17-9, 3.90 ERA (34 starts)
Lefty Grove 21-4, 2.30 ERA (33 starts)
Vida Blue 22-5, 1.73 ERA (32 starts)
David Cone 16-7, 3.71 ERA (31 starts)

Sandy Koufax 10-9, 3.19 ERA (172.0 IP)
Johan Santana 6-3, 3.49 ERA (80.0 IP)

Roy Halladay 3-1, 1.59 ERA (68.0 IP)

Lee Smith 43/47 SV, 3.15 ERA

BATTING

Batting Average
Willie Keeler .328 (Batting Champ)
Arky Vaughan .327
Jose Reyes .319
John Olerud .309
Jackie Robinson .299
Ty Cobb .291
Mike Piazza .279

On-Base Pct.
Arky Vaughan .392
Willie Keeler .376
John Olerud .368
Ty Cobb .364
Jackie Robinson .362
Jose Reyes .360
Edgardo Alfonzo .347

Total Bases
John Olerud 266
Willie Keeler 252
Christian Yelich 252
Jackie Robinson 232
Al Rosen 215
Ty Cobb 191
Tris Speaker 184

Runs Scored
Christian Yelich 83
Ty Cobb 80
Willie Keeler 78
Jackie Robinson 73
John Olerud 72
Al Rosen 66
Tris Speaker 61

Runs Driven In
John Olerud 90
Willie Keeler 83
Christian Yelich 82
Jackie Robinson 73
Ty Cobb 64
Gary Carter 23
Rey Ordonez 8

Stolen Bases
Ty Cobb 82/102
Rickey Henderson 56/73
Tris Speaker 37/46
Willie Keeler 28/40
(Team: 287/389)

Team Errors: 65

It was a fun season...It's nice to finally hit above .270 max or so as a team. It was not our best runs season, however...Well, our weakest quality was home runs, our weakest major quality as a team. Love those hits, though. We held the opposition to under 500 runs for the 3rd time. That's some pretty good overall defense, much of the credit going to the pitchers. Gary Carter is nice to throw to as well. He caught about one-third of the games.

Bet on the Flyers.

One Great Matrix 01-06-2020 02:04 AM

We've won!!!!! And if the rumor about Mickey Mouse is to be believed, he's won as well. God, that's probably one rich mouse either way.

One Great Matrix 01-07-2020 11:33 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Now when we beat the Cincinnati Reds in the Perfects Series last seasons a lot of interesting things happened in the postseason but 4 in particular come to mind:

1. We didn't have a breeze in any of the series. Our final postseason record was 11-7 and we were down 2-1 in the best of 5, winning the last 2...down 2-1 in the CS, winning the last 3, and we were down 3-2 in the World Series, winning the last 2.

2. Everything was set up for Vida Blue pitching game 6 & Lefty Grove pitching game 7 of the World Series...I more or less strictly planned on using these 2 pitchers in game 6 & game 7 if necessary...But as the game approached, I couldn't quite bring myself to start Blue in game 6... I decided to start David Cone (100)...He had a pretty good year, especially W-L wise, but clearly my best 3 starters were Seaver, Blue & Grove...But I started Cone, logged out of the game, figured the series was over only to return to the game to see that Cone had pitched a shutout and there would be a game 7.

3. We won game 5 of the World Series on a Rey Ordonez walk-off single in the 10th inning after the Reds had the game in their glove in the bottom of the 9th on a routine fly ball...the outfielder dropped the ball, we tied the game up, and Rey won it in the 10th.

4. We won game 7 of the World Series, 1-0. It was a 13-inning game and a Christian Yelich home run in the top of the 13th accounted for the only score. The starter, Vida Blue, held the Reds scoreless again, and 5 relievers combined to shut them out for the rest of the game.

One Great Matrix 01-07-2020 11:58 PM

Some notes

Now I've over 10,000 changes to the team easily since we won the Diamond League series back in APPROXIMATELY 2025/2028 but wouldn't you know it?, Bob Gibson & Christy Mathewson who won the last 2 games of that series when we were down 2-3, REPEATED THIS ACT!...winner of game 6, Gibson & winner of game 7, Mathewson...only this time they won in relief.:confused::flowers:

Some 2059 Flyers Notes

Playoffs

DS (best of 5)
1-3 Cliffside (Park) Crush
3-2 Flyers
5-8 Cliffside
8-0 Flyers
4-2 Flyers

CS (best of 7)
4-3 Flyers
0-4 RR (Round Rock) White Sox
1-4 Round Rock
1-0 Flyers (10 innnings)
10-2 Flyers
3-2 Flyers

World Series
2-1 Flyers
2-3 Reds
2-7 Reds
4-3 Flyers (10 innings)
3-6 Reds
1-0 Flyers
1-0 Flyers (13 innings)

Catchers: Mike Piazza, Gary Carter.

Infielders: John Olerud, Al Rosen, Jackie Robinson, Arky Vaughan, Edgardo Alfonzo, Jose Reyes, Rey Ordonez.

Outfielders: Christian Yelich, Willie Keeler, Ty Cobb, Tris Speaker, Rickey Henderson, Darryl Strawberry (regular season only).

Pitchers: Tug McGraw, Brian Wilson, Vida Blue, Bob Gibson, Lefty Grove, Roy Halladay, David Cone, Christy Mathewson, Sandy Koufax, Lee Smith, Mike Clevinger, Tom Seaver, Johan Santana. Mariano Rivera (World Series only).

One Great Matrix 01-10-2020 03:22 AM

We're puttin' along...puttin'?...puttin' along at 51-55 in the year 2060.

I'm sort of a thoroughbred horse at the trough having a drink after the sustained effort since April, but I'm still tending to things.

Apparently these little extra things I did were pretty important.