OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 14 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3865)
-   -   1890 Players League (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=239872)

Mosey 01-17-2014 12:15 PM

1890 Players League

Humor me: Is there a DB update or something I need to do?

When I import 1890 I see the AL and the AA but not the PL.

It had a vast number or stars in the league and was historically significant if for no other reason sent Spalding on tilt.

When I start a league that year I don't see it. How do I play the PL again?

thehef 01-17-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosey (Post 3629083)

It had a vast number or stars in the league and was historically significant if for no other reason sent Spalding on tilt.

Not sure how you are importing but if you are starting a historical league in 1890, all of the PL players should either import as free agents or be part of an inaugural draft.

As for how to play the PL?, you would need to of course set up the PL league structure yourself. And rather than importing all players - PL plus all of the AA & NL players - you could either import the PL players one at a time, or - if you are comfortable with using excel or access - edit the master.csv file to only include the 147 PL players. Either way, you'd need to assign them to the correct PL teams.

Others may have better ideas. These are just off the top of my head. Good luck!

Spritze 01-17-2014 02:40 PM

Quote:

There is nothing "real" about OOTP's pre-1901 league structures. It is all a hand job pre 1901.

bwburke94 01-18-2014 08:28 AM

If you start pre-1901, there's an inaugural draft. You'll need to manually move the players to their proper teams and manually add the PL.

The Game 01-18-2014 02:57 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Your going to have to create it as a fictional league to go with the 1890 setup that OOTP does.
Fairly easy to create, depending on if you use what OOTP has for pre 1901 leagues. You can create the 1890 NL and AA + the PL.
txranger made jerseys and logos for the PL for me it is in his reto thread. but i can post them if you want.