OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Franchise Hockey Manager 4 - General Discussion (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3930)
-   -   Couple things (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=282211)

skoch 10-16-2017 10:22 AM

Couple things

Plugged in the game for the first time yesterday, first off, the interface looks great kudos for the evolution of that...

1) Assigning numbers, can this be automatically done instead of getting an email about this and having to deal with it?

2) Is there a way to automatically fill in a players role while filling up the line-up?

3) In GM mode, players play out of position, for example Draisaitl's best position is C and is a C, but the computer slots him at RW in the line=up. Why does this happen if he's listed under Center, and his Center rating is 20, while his RW is 19. I have enough RW's, and then it pushes a 14 rated center into the middle.

Thanks!

JeffR 10-16-2017 11:45 AM

1 - No, the new number assignment has to be handled via the email - there are possible morale penalties to players if the assignment isn't handled well, so the player needs to handle those unless he's delegating all the roster stuff to an assistant.

2 - The AI needs to fill out the lines to choose the player roles right now. If you want to choose your lines but minimize the amount of role selection, it's easiest to have the assistant choose your lines, then just switch around those players who you want on different lines.

3 - It'll prioritize the first line, so if he's rated highly at a position and is the best player to fill the RW slot, it'll put him there even if it means somebody gets pushed into the C slot on the fourth line. We adjusted the AI to get it to do that less frequently with players who have lower position ratings, but the difference between being rated 19 and 20 at a position is minimal, so he'll get used as the first-line RW unless there's somebody very close to him or better, ratings-wise.

skoch 10-17-2017 11:20 AM

I've never taken charge of AHL or ECHL team, so bare with me. If I take control of an AHL team, can I lose players to their respective NHL clubs at any time? Same thing goes with ECHL, and players getting called up to the AHL.

Thanks

JeffR 10-17-2017 12:53 PM

Yes, when your team has a parent team (and all AHL and ECHL teams do this season), the parent club can call their players up from your roster. They can't touch the ones directly contracted to you, though.

skoch 10-17-2017 02:41 PM

At the same time, can NHL'er be sent to the AHL. and another thing, can NHL-AHL affiliations change as time goes on...

JeffR 10-18-2017 12:41 AM

NHL players can be sent to the AHL, yes. Affiliations can't change right now, but it's something I'd definitely like to add.

skoch 10-24-2017 12:54 AM

While playing historical mode... (not sure if it happens everywhere else)

-teams are still claiming guys off waivers after the trade deadline, teams are unable to send guys down freely after the deadline, have to pass through waivers.

- unable to add unlimited players during playoffs

- Lidstrom was nominated for the Hart but not for the Norris

- Mark Messier leadership award wasn't around in 2002, and other trophy names aren't accurately named for the year. Best coaches, should be Jack Adams? etc.

-Playoff score doesn't appear immediately after the sim under last games, like it does during the regular season.

-Sorting roster game rating doesn't numerically sort properly during playoffs

skoch 10-25-2017 10:56 PM

in historical mode...

Some players drafted in entry draft, appear as UFA's by the time September rolls around... not sure how these players are let go?

That ain't right!

JeffR 10-26-2017 04:31 AM

Which years are you seeing that in?

skoch 10-26-2017 12:16 PM

2002-2003, regular season > offseason

JeffR 10-27-2017 12:04 AM

And what year did you start in? I'll try replicating that to see if there's an issue with teams having trouble managing their allowed number of contracts.

skoch 10-27-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jeffr (Post 4247045)
and what year did you start in? I'll try replicating that to see if there's an issue with teams having trouble managing their allowed number of contracts.

2002-2003

JeffR 10-28-2017 12:10 AM

I'm seeing a few late-round picks released from teams who are at 50/50 contracts, but nobody that's particularly prominent. It looks like the teams in historical could be a little more aggressive about clearing out some of the deadwood so there's roster room after the draft; there's a system that does something like that for major junior leagues in the modern game, I'll see if it can be adapted to use here.

skoch 10-28-2017 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JeffR (Post 4247318)
I'm seeing a few late-round picks released from teams who are at 50/50 contracts, but nobody that's particularly prominent. It looks like the teams in historical could be a little more aggressive about clearing out some of the deadwood so there's roster room after the draft; there's a system that does something like that for major junior leagues in the modern game, I'll see if it can be adapted to use here.

I saw a 2nd rounder released (Mark Stuart) 3 star player shouldn't be let go like that no matter what the circumstances

skoch 10-30-2017 10:19 AM

Also, game keeps crashing during the entry draft, so I've been forced to save the game after every pick, kinda annoying because I didn't do that one time, restarted the game and lost the player I wanted because he was taken this time around.

JeffR 10-31-2017 12:29 AM

Can you upload the save? If it's crashing repeatedly during the draft we'd definitely like to take a look at that. Instructions for uploading are here.

skoch 11-01-2017 12:00 AM

sent

skoch 11-01-2017 12:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just downloaded the latest version, when starting a new career in 2001... Maroons, Wanderers, Pirates, all somehow snuck back into the league haha, the league did load properly however, just thought these teams shouldnt be on that list!

JeffR 11-01-2017 01:18 AM

Thanks, got it. I played it around to the next draft, but no crashes when I drafted. Are they happening at any particular time - when trying to look at a player, after leaving and returning to the draft screen, after sorting players or changing the view, etc.?

JeffR 11-01-2017 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skoch (Post 4248625)
Just downloaded the latest version, when starting a new career in 2001... Maroons, Wanderers, Pirates, all somehow snuck back into the league haha, the league did load properly however, just thought these teams shouldnt be on that list!

We've had a couple of reports of that, but it never seems to repeat. Which settings did you start the game with?