OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   (Hard) 100 Team HS Schedule Request - (2S/5D/10T) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=278474)

Alex Murray 05-19-2017 02:48 AM

(Hard) 100 Team HS Schedule Request - (2S/5D/10T)

So I have a very complicated request for a schedule creator. I'm currently streaming on twitch a custom league and I have a 100 team 16U league with 2 Sub-Leagues, 5 Divisions per sub league, and 10 teams in each division. Now the amount of games each team plays is 36 so the idea is for each team to play their division rivals 2 times (1H/1A). Here are the limitations;
-Only Play on Sat/Sun
-Only play division rival teams
-balanced home/away games
-All Star game schedule 2/3 of the way to end of season if possible (flexible).
-36 game season
-March 1 start date

Hopefully that is enough info to generate these albeit complicated schedule :o

Outlaw Jim 05-19-2017 07:04 AM

This might be easy to do

Looking at this, could you not have one 10 team schedule that is setup for sat/sun games and then have it copied to 10 times to make a schedule for the 100 teams? The part I don't get is the all star game. Is this also on sat/sun, if not can't you just change the game day in the top of the file each year to have the game on a specific day. I don't know if you can change the schedule while playing the game so not really flexible but if you know the date before season just change the top of the file information for game day.

I am beginner schedule modifier, have not really done a schedule in ootp, but done a few in another game. If no one else wants to do this I can easily do this and test to make sure it works. I just need to know what you want to do with all star game. I think day of the season must be defined before season starts, but can load schedule each year changing the day. If I am not correct someone can answer this better than me.

to do this in excel is really easy. I would just have a 10 team sched in col 1-2 and then just add 18 col with a simple in each col +10 from the col 2 to left. then when done cut and paste cols to 1-2 col. I found a spreadsheet to make ootp format so the schedule part is easy. can also make the divisions random by giving a rand num to each team and sorting within the col and renumber 1-10. this would mix the games for each division so 1 plays 2 in one div, does not mean 11 plays 12 in the other and so on.

Just let me know what you think and what to do with all star day. I know I can do this and it would only take me 1 day to get it to you.

James

Alex Murray 05-23-2017 05:04 AM

Hey Jim,

Thanks for the reply. At the moment the all star game could feasibly happen whenever it needs to. I'd rather not have to fix the file over and over if possible. I would however like to keep the all-star game as a 1 week vacation for the teams so a sat or sun all star game would be nice.

Basically if there is way for me not have to edit a file each year that would be preferable.

Otherwise i'd love to see what you come up with.

Thanks
Alex

Outlaw Jim 05-24-2017 08:03 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Schedule tested and verified in game - it looks good on the evaluation, but I did not go through every game on the report grid, but it appears to be correct.

All requirements met

No duplication of divisions or matchups

My first OOTP schedule :):):)