OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   MLBM 2018 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3926)
-   -   Can we transfer in progress games? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=276485)

Leefoo 03-30-2017 02:01 PM

Can we transfer in progress games?

Sebastian.......Can we transfer in progress games? Or do we have to finish them on whatever version that they were created?

Thx

Sebastian Palkowski 03-30-2017 02:05 PM

Sorry, I donīt understand the question. :o

Leefoo 03-30-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4178871)
Sorry, I donīt understand the question. :o

I am into my 3rd season of my 60s league. In prior years we sent you an email proving that we've bought all of the seasons which enables us to play those seasons, but not continue the leagues we've started.

However, unlike the PC game,
MLBMgr never had an import feature, so we always had to start 'fresh' with that version's year. Therefore, I have to finish my leagues on whatever particular version I started it on. For instance, this 60s league was started on 2015. If I buy this version (which I did), I assume that I can't import the one started in 2015?

It is a VERY big annoyance, but I guess Apple keeps the game from being able to do that?

wodi 03-30-2017 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leefoo (Post 4178959)
I am into my 3rd season of my 60s league. In prior years we sent you an email proving that we've bought all of the seasons which enables us to play those seasons, but not continue the leagues we've started.

However, unlike the PC game,
MLBMgr never had an import feature, so we always had to start 'fresh' with that version's year. Therefore, I have to finish my leagues on whatever particular version I started it on. For instance, this 60s league was started on 2015. If I buy this version (which I did), I assume that I can't import the one started in 2015?

It is a VERY big annoyance, but I guess Apple keeps the game from being able to do that?

I'm curious, why do you even want to continue your 16 league on 17? What is the upside to doing so?

Leefoo 03-30-2017 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wodi (Post 4179005)
I'm curious, why do you even want to continue your 16 league on 17? What is the upside to doing so?

When you have more than one league going that was started on prior versions of the game, it is unwieldy keeping several versions of the game on my IPAD. It would be nice to have them all under one app.

Plus, I had a couple of leagues going on the 2014 version. In 2015, they introduced the editor. It would've been nice to have that editor feature for those two leagues.

Additionally, as with the PC version, it is always nicer to have the latest and greatest features.

wodi 03-30-2017 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leefoo (Post 4179009)
When you have more than one league going that was started on prior versions of the game, it is unwieldy keeping several versions of the game on my IPAD. It would be nice to have them all under one app.

Plus, I had a couple of leagues going on the 2014 version. In 2015, they introduced the editor. It would've been nice to have that editor feature for those two leagues.

Additionally, as with the PC version, it is always nicer to have the latest and greatest features.

Sure all makes sense to me.

I was just curious since there really weren't any upgrades why you'd even bother dealing with the hassle of trying to get your 16 game to 17.

Leefoo 03-30-2017 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wodi (Post 4179014)
Sure all makes sense to me.

I was just curious since there really weren't any upgrades why you'd even bother dealing with the hassle of trying to get your 16 game to 17.

I wanted to see the new design. But, that is why I didn't buy 2016.....no new features, not even a new design.

But, in the long run, I can live with 2015 and 2017 on my IPad...I just wished that I didn't have to do it that way.

wodi 03-30-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leefoo (Post 4179017)
I wanted to see the new design. But, that is why I didn't buy 2016.....no new features, not even a new design.

But, in the long run, I can live with 2015 and 2017 on my IPad...I just wished that I didn't have to do it that way.

Sure

I buy it every year to support the company.

At some point (I hope) they're gonna take what is an amazing game on its own to a new level.

Just disappointed with the past two years.

dales 03-31-2017 12:57 PM

I learned a method on this forum last year. I backed up my phone to iTunes with both games installed. Then I used a utility that allowed me to see the contents of the backup and copy the saved games into the backup of the new game. Then I restored my phone in iTunes from the backup. That worked going from 15 to 16. I don't know enough about 17 yet to know if saved games transferred this way would work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sebastian Palkowski 03-31-2017 01:18 PM

As far as I know it is possible to transfer saves from version to version with the help of 3rd party tools. But it is nothing Apple supports, so we canīt support it ourself (but strictly from a game standpoint saves are compatible).

Leefoo 03-31-2017 05:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dales (Post 4179536)
I learned a method on this forum last year. I backed up my phone to iTunes with both games installed. Then I used a utility that allowed me to see the contents of the backup and copy the saved games into the backup of the new game. Then I restored my phone in iTunes from the backup. That worked going from 15 to 16. I don't know enough about 17 yet to know if saved games transferred this way would work.

What did you use exactly? Thanks.

dales 03-31-2017 07:42 PM

IMazing and BackupBot. Click on my name to find my posts from last year on this.