OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 3 - Dynasty Reports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3902)
-   -   Ice Hockey Association -- 16 teams (fictional) Made original rosters manually (every player) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=259209)

NolaSola7 10-03-2015 03:54 PM

Ice Hockey Association -- 16 teams (fictional) Made original rosters manually (every player)

3 Attachment(s)
Special recognition goes to Icedelyod for making this hockey world come alive

I made 16 teams (originally in FHM14)

They were made in anticipation of FHM2, and I had planned to import the rosters, but nope, sorry,

But FHM2 is here, and in my world/pc

I have two pictures to display the best I can the idea of the original teams

and showcasing Icedelyod's wonderful work

The idea was for 8 teams from the United States & 8 teams from Canada square off in a league ran in CANADA as perhaps hockey should be

So it is really a Canada centered league but outreached to US markets, ala CFL in the 90s

Teams were meant to play regular season in division only (intraleague)... and a big championship series was to be played as USA v. Canada

but this was not an option in the game .... so it's okay to just play, but in my imagination, interleague play is a new development as in MLB

So the division have styles... Canadian team are more Balanced, Deep, and showcase more skill and playmakers (sharp shooters)

USA teams tend to be defensive oriented and rely on stars more than depth as in Canada.

Here are three photos.. the excel sheet I made to plan what I wanted from the teams, and the other is the work Icedelod has done..

NolaSola7 10-04-2015 10:34 AM

5 Attachment(s)
GOING TO HAVE A LITTLE VOTING CONTEST ...

PLEASE VOTE ON WHICH COLOR HELMET BY "THANKING" THE TWO POST BELOW..

VOTE EITHER BLUE HELMET, OR RED HELMET... AND THANKs

EDITED: VOTING IS DONE !!! I HAVE REPLACED THE TOW CHOICES WITH SOME PHOTOS WITH IN-GAME LEAGUE OPTIONS

NolaSola7 10-04-2015 10:36 AM

5 Attachment(s)
To vote, press "thanks" on this post, thanks

voting for the red helmet over the blue

and look at the rivals a well

NolaSola7 10-04-2015 10:38 AM

5 Attachment(s)
To vote, press "thanks" on this post, thanks

voting for the BLUE helmet over the RED

and look at the rivals a well

xepicx2729 10-04-2015 11:18 AM

Not any teams near me(:P), but I'm going to root on Rochester. Love the logos for all these teams, but Rochester's was my favorite, Digging the Bombers jerseys.

NolaSola7 10-04-2015 11:42 AM

welcome xepicx!

Going to really have some updates in this thread for year one for sure .... and we'll see how strong it goes on from there

None of these teams are near me either .... gulf coast originally, currently, married to a Dane and we live here ...

p.s. I kind of like the Rochester Jets too ..

NolaSola7 10-04-2015 11:43 AM

will post some Rochester players for you with ratings

NolaSola7 10-04-2015 11:52 AM

xepicx Rochester

5 Attachment(s)
For Rochester's first fan....

xepicx2729 10-04-2015 12:38 PM

Thanks for the quick response and posts! Look like they have potential to do well. I'm a Philly boy, so we originate from different parts of the US of A. Any idea of a team you'll manage?

NolaSola7 10-04-2015 01:51 PM

sure thing, only connection I have with Phila, Pa is my twin attended Nova and my sis went to school in NJ.

Saw the Phillies !

I may start a NHL to manage.... but I play the game in commish mode... maybe these dynasty reports are more for people to share and communicate their successes as managers...

But this will be more a league report, perhaps weekly (game week) with special attention to comments and expressed curiosities about the season going along from here.... I will try and pay special head to those comments... they may get me to look into things I myself didn't think about.. and maybe really enjoy it (looking up things I myself didn't concern myself with)

I made all the players myself... I gathered surnames and got to work,,,, sometimes home cities are not just random, but I suppose they mostly are

xepicx2729 10-04-2015 01:56 PM

I see, I see. I like to play board games that way. Not sure why, but I always like the Scandinavian names. Looking forward to the reports!

NolaSola7 10-04-2015 06:49 PM

A few test runs .. Rochester not looking too good.... but could've been worse :-)

xepicx2729 10-04-2015 08:30 PM

Ouch. at least they were test runs. ;)

NolaSola7 10-05-2015 02:31 AM

Yeah, right... a lot of the same players are involved in leading the league.... but 2-3 tests have given a wide variety of results....

In the lastest... Rochester sits 14/16, ouch !

But Jerry Glasser (who you can see I posted) was tied with two others with the second best +/- @ 24

they finished 9th in Goals allowed and 10th in Goals scored...

So just outside the middle in both..... but this one didn't count .. :-) ..

I still have some naming of prospects and free agents .... editing the top 6 prospects of each team and the fornt office ... Maybe I after I finish the front office .. it may oost their front office a bit and they may make sound roster moves to do better... will keep you posted

NolaSola7 10-05-2015 02:43 AM

UPDATE: BEAT THE DEADLINE!!! we're firing off very soon !!

I'll be surprised if the season doesn't start by Wednesday .... the 7th--- << Original post>>

-
EDITED:

7th is more than optimistic..

What is left for me before the start

-- Name prospects, set age and nationality (8 / 16 completed) FINISHED

-- Release goalies and edit close to 40-50 goalies in the free agency, ( I want to make goalies and see who gets them, instead of make goalies for the clubs) FINISHED

-- Edit ratings for the top 12 or 15 free agent skaters .. FINISHED

-- Edit ratings for the top 5 prospects on each farm league team, and all under 22 years old & particular 23 y/0's I GIVE UP, ENOUGH RATING ----- I GAVE UP COPYING THE PROSPECTS FROM FHM14, BUT I WENT AHEAD AND ADJUSTED THE NEW GENERATED RATINGS IN THIS NEW GAME.... SO ALL IS AS SHOULD BE NOW, AM HAPPY WITH THE SITUATION IN THE FARM SYSTEM NOW

-- edit front offices, to influence styles GONNA GET IT DONE

-- Evaluate financials for each team... will be automatic, and adjusted where see fit (ADJUST FREE AGENTS)

So close, yet still much to do....

NolaSola7 10-05-2015 08:12 AM

Toronto, Ontario

5 Attachment(s)
WORD IS, THEY LIKE HOCKEY IN TORONTO

the staple team of the league is from Toronto

LAKE ONTARIO TOMAHAWKS

xepicx2729 10-05-2015 04:14 PM

Francis looks like a future dynasty player for them.

NolaSola7 10-05-2015 07:02 PM

Jake Williams

1 Attachment(s)
Starts out as a free agent......

xepicx2729 10-05-2015 07:29 PM

He looks great! Thanks a whole bunch NolaSola!

NolaSola7 10-05-2015 11:23 PM

1 Attachment(s)
oops, forgot he was suppose to be int he Rochester system........