OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   OOTP Go! - Coming later this year, including full PT support. (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=299311)

Markus Heinsohn 02-27-2019 12:46 PM

OOTP Go! - Coming later this year, including full PT support.

In case you have missed it, we started development on our mobile baseball game (formerly known as "MLB Manager") from scratch last year, essentially making sure the game will be based on the most up to date OOTP 20 code base which also includes full support for Perfect Team. We have renamed the game to OOTP Go!, and yes, will allow you to access your Perfect Team account with most of, if not all, the features you know and love from the desktop version, so you'll never miss that auction of your dream card again. ;)

OOTP Go! will be free to play, which includes full access to Perfect Team and the ability to create and play fictional solo leagues. The current MLB rosters are a $4.99 in-app purchase, international leagues will be $1.99 each and historical MLB seasons will be (as usual) $0.99 (plus there will be bundles available for a reduced price).

OOTP Go! will be released for Android and iOS later this year. Once we have some stuff to show you (screenshots etc) we'll let you know, but don't expect any updates until June please. :)

Cheers,
Markus

Dark Horse 02-27-2019 01:56 PM

Perhaps we can eventually be able to check our online leagues with OOTP Go! also?
:fingerscrossed:

DonkeyKongSr 02-27-2019 02:56 PM

Let me get this straight...if I never buy the desktop game, I can still play Perfect Team for free through the app only?

Dark Horse 02-27-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr (Post 4442327)
Let me get this straight...if I never buy the desktop game, I can still play Perfect Team for free through the app only?

i'm thinking you'll need an PT account that you'll need to set up in OOTP20...

Meak06 02-27-2019 03:33 PM

Will I be able to do expansion mode in this version?

pizzaddict 02-27-2019 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dark Horse (Post 4442341)
i'm thinking you'll need an PT account that you'll need to set up in OOTP20...

I'm a little surprised they are doing this. If they are going to have a mobile app that lets you play PT then I think there will be a decent size market of people who would like to play PT and probably invest money into PT but won't want to pay $40 for a desktop game that they will never play.

Markus Heinsohn 02-28-2019 03:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fremontflyers40 (Post 4442343)
Before that comes out can you guys release an update for MLBM 2018 that comes with 2019 rosters and maybe some smaller features to come out before OOTP Go

No sorry, we don't have time for that unfortunately.

Markus Heinsohn 02-28-2019 03:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonkeyKongSr (Post 4442327)

Yes, that is the plan.

Now, don't you dare to not buy the desktop game! :ohmy:

FancySkunk 03-01-2019 03:34 AM

Bit of a random question, when OOTP Go is out, does that mean we'll be able to purchase perfect points via the Google Play store?

Markus Heinsohn 03-01-2019 05:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FancySkunk (Post 4443397)
Bit of a random question, when OOTP Go is out, does that mean we'll be able to purchase perfect points via the Google Play store?

Yes.

Tom the Fish 03-01-2019 06:58 PM

Are seasons we purchased in the past from MLB Manager going to able to be carried over to the new version or are we going to be forced to pay for them again?

Markus Heinsohn 03-04-2019 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tom the Fish (Post 4443877)
Are seasons we purchased in the past from MLB Manager going to able to be carried over to the new version or are we going to be forced to pay for them again?

No, seasons will not carry over, sorry. It's a completely new code base, compatibility is not possible.

daveh2018 03-05-2019 07:53 PM

Is support in the app only for OOTP XX/Perfect Team 2.0 or will there be Perfect Team 1.0 access availability as well?

Zorro 03-07-2019 11:15 AM

Will we be able to watch our PT games in 3d with the app?

daves 03-10-2019 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4442202)
In case you have missed it, we started development on our mobile baseball game (formerly known as "MLB Manager") from scratch last year, essentially making sure the game will be based on the most up to date OOTP 20 code base which also includes full support for Perfect Team. We have renamed the game to OOTP Go!, and yes, will allow you to access your Perfect Team account with most of, if not all, the features you know and love from the desktop version, so you'll never miss that auction of your dream card again. ;)

OOTP Go! will be free to play, which includes full access to Perfect Team and the ability to create and play fictional solo leagues. The current MLB rosters are a $4.99 in-app purchase, international leagues will be $1.99 each and historical MLB seasons will be (as usual) $0.99 (plus there will be bundles available for a reduced price).

OOTP Go! will be released for Android and iOS later this Summer. We try to get it done for the All-Star break, but right now it's hard to say if we'll be able to meet that date. Once we have some stuff to show you (screenshots etc) we'll let you know, but don't expect any updates until June please. :)

Cheers,
Markus

If I bought all seasons on the app last edition of MLB Manager, will I still get those historical seasons in this upgrade?

Does OOTP GO require data or WIFI to play?

daves 03-10-2019 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FancySkunk (Post 4443397)

Or iTunes for that matter?

daves 03-10-2019 05:24 PM

Will OOTP require the same minimal requirements as MLB Manager? My old IPAD did not work with version 2017 and 2018.

Will OOTPGO have features similar to MLB Manager or OOTP? Will I be able to do exhibition tournaments?

Left-handed 03-11-2019 11:53 AM

I have fictional leagues that I play and carry over in the desktop version from year to year. I'm wondering if that will work the same way with the mobile version now, or in the future. Essentially, I'd like to get away from having to lug around two laptops (work and personal) on trips. If I can just bring my iPad for all my entertainment needs (including playing 'full' OOTP on the road), then I'd be happy as a clam.

Markus Heinsohn 03-17-2019 05:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro (Post 4447036)

Probably not in V1, we'll see.

Markus Heinsohn 03-17-2019 05:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daves (Post 4449025)
If I bought all seasons on the app last edition of MLB Manager, will I still get those historical seasons in this upgrade?

Does OOTP GO require data or WIFI to play?

No, historical seasons will not carry over.

If you want to play PT with OOTP Go you need internet access, yes.

Markus Heinsohn 03-17-2019 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daves (Post 4449033)
Will OOTP require the same minimal requirements as MLB Manager? My old IPAD did not work with version 2017 and 2018.

Will OOTPGO have features similar to MLB Manager or OOTP? Will I be able to do exhibition tournaments?

System requirements will be higher.

Yes, similar feature set as MLB Manager, the desktop version will still have far more features.

daves 03-17-2019 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4452662)
No, historical seasons will not carry over.

If you want to play PT with OOTP Go you need internet access, yes.

Thanks for answering my question. Unfortunately adding an app that requires data and internet is not what I am looking for at all. It'slike not having an app at all. :crying:

Is there any chance MLB Manager will get any update? Update rosters or more commish controls?

I played MLB Manager more than any other baseball sim.

Matt Arnold 03-17-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by daves (Post 4452741)
Thanks for answering my question. Unfortunately adding an app that requires data and internet is not what I am looking for at all. It'slike not having an app at all. :crying:

Is there any chance MLB Manager will get any update? Update rosters or more commish controls?

I played MLB Manager more than any other baseball sim.

You only need data to play PT. If you want to play solo games, it will function in much the same way that MLB Manager has in the past, except based on the current code base, so will include many features from the past few years.

daves 03-17-2019 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4452748)
You only need data to play PT. If you want to play solo games, it will function in much the same way that MLB Manager has in the past, except based on the current code base, so will include many features from the past few years.

Phew! That sounds much better .Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

icedragon15 03-17-2019 09:08 PM

so basiclaly no more upfront cost well that sucks i want to buy mlb 19 but now ootp go is free u have paid in app that disappointing i like to play wiht my games not paid for roster this is disappointing

ricealum 03-22-2019 12:27 PM

I just bought MLBM 18 a few weeks ago and have been collecting bugs to post.

I guess I won't bother. :)

UltimateAverageGuy 03-25-2019 11:59 PM

Mobile? My wifes gonna kill me how much I'll be on my phone....

OMJuwara 03-26-2019 10:44 PM

So in OOTP GO, will we be able to use commish mode, or even have some if not all of the other international leagues included? Will the International Signing period and Rule 5 drafts be included as well?

Edster007 03-27-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJuwara (Post 4462095)
So in OOTP GO, will we be able to use commish mode, or even have some if not all of the other international leagues included? Will the International Signing period and Rule 5 drafts be included as well?

From what I have read in the forums we shouldn't be expecting any specifics before June as the app is in development.

Arobbins 03-27-2019 08:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OMJuwara (Post 4462095)

I'd be surprised if they don't since commish mode and int leagues are already in MLBM 18

daves 03-27-2019 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arobbins (Post 4462814)
I'd be surprised if they don't since commish mode and int leagues are already in MLBM 18

I did not notice commish mode in MLBM 2018 for trades or draft.

wodi 03-28-2019 08:29 AM

OOTP Go! - Coming later this Summer, including full PT support.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Arobbins (Post 4462814)

I’d be surprised if they did. This will not be a mobile version of ootp20, rather mlb manager with an updated code.

rastyk 03-31-2019 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zorro (Post 4447036)

Even in 2d with some sounds and being able to watch a replay would be nice.

mitbong 04-05-2019 09:52 PM

glorp!!! I cant wait that long! excited about these flavas though.

andyhdz 04-26-2019 01:05 PM

This is really cool I hate not being able to see how my PT is doing during the day and having to wait until I go home.

TheNamelessPoet 04-27-2019 09:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andyhdz (Post 4480326)
This is really cool I hate not being able to see how my PT is doing during the day and having to wait until I go home.

Google Remote Viewer :-p

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Goliathus 05-09-2019 01:14 PM

I am allowed to run 3 teams in PT for having a license of the desktop OOTP20. If I also download and play OOTP GO, what's the ruling on the (total) amount of teams I can run? Surely OOTP GO has no license since it's F2P.

If I only play OOTP GO, how many team(s) can I run in PT mode?

Leefoo 05-10-2019 01:20 PM

The new game...Do I need PT?

I currently don't play Perfect Team. I only do historical replays.

About how much will it cost me to buy the new rosters (all of them)? Or, will those of us who have already bought the rosters in the old game get the rosters gratis or will there be an update charge?

Thx

wodi 05-22-2019 11:55 PM

Any update? Progressing?

Arinelle 05-23-2019 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wodi (Post 4492111)
Any update? Progressing?

Markus chimed in about it recently here. Unfortunately it seems it will be some time before we see it. :/

wodi 05-23-2019 11:11 AM

Thats not good..... now I will be surprised if its even out before ootp 21

daves 06-01-2019 04:39 PM

Can’t wait. Really miss MLB Manager update and love to view PT with an app.

HFBL 06-02-2019 02:22 AM

This is GREAT!!! news!

wodi 06-04-2019 11:31 PM

Am I missing something? This all seems like bad news, not good news....

Leefoo 06-05-2019 09:24 AM

My thoughts exactly.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wodi (Post 4497459)
Am I missing something? This all seems like bad news, not good news....

Yep!

Rabbott24 06-11-2019 11:56 PM

Update?

Any news on ootp go?

Markus Heinsohn 06-17-2019 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rabbott24 (Post 4500571)
Any news on ootp go?

Nope. We're still a long way off...

daves 06-22-2019 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4502897)
Nope. We're still a long way off...

:crying:

Left-handed 08-07-2019 02:20 PM

At this point, would it make more since to develop a cross-platform version of the full game? Especially with Mac's Catalina cross-platform functionality, it seems like they are trying to make it easier to develop apps that can be created more easily on MacOS, iOS, and iPadOS. Also, the iPad Pro and iPad Air would be more than capable of running it at this point.

esb1981 08-16-2019 12:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Left-handed (Post 4523710)
At this point, would it make more since to develop a cross-platform version of the full game? Especially with Mac's Catalina cross-platform functionality, it seems like they are trying to make it easier to develop apps that can be created more easily on MacOS, iOS, and iPadOS. Also, the iPad Pro and iPad Air would be more than capable of running it at this point.

I would be in heaven if I could play a fully loaded version of OOTP 20 on my iPad. The Pro and the newest Air should be theoretically capable from a processor and RAM standpoint, right? And I’d gladly pay the full desktop price. I feel like with iPad OS coming out and a split in OS’s between the phones and the tablets we may finally be seeing the iPad function more as a desktop replacement, especially if it has the specs.