OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   3D Improvements (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=300015)

Bluenoser 03-18-2019 11:09 AM

3D Improvements

Very nice. Movement looks more fluid, realistic in a lot of cases.

I notice right away that sidearm pitchers actually dip and throw sidearm - that's nice. I'm curious, did you manage to model submariners?

If I load up Kent Tekulve or Dan Quisenberry will I see this modeled also? :)

I like how when running the bases players take a turn now and not just stop at the bag all the time.

Would still like to see someone caught at home base on a wild pitch. The ball always gets there after the runner scores, haven't seen one thrown out yet. Hopefully I see it in XX.

Great improvements overall, keep up the good work team. :thumbup1:

Matt Arnold 03-18-2019 11:11 AM

We're not done yet. We do have a submariner motion too - Markus is very talented at all arm angles ;)

Bluenoser 03-18-2019 11:12 AM

Now if I could only figure out to get some more views, like behind the catcher at field level.

Is there a guide anywhere on how to set these up? I looked at the edit ballpark 3D model page but it scares me..... :(

Bluenoser 03-18-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4453524)
We're not done yet. We do have a submariner motion too - Markus is very talented at all arm angles ;)

They are awesome for sure, playing my 3rd game in a row now. This is F U N :)

Bluenoser 03-18-2019 11:16 AM

Oh man, crazy good. A L/H sidearm pitcher, and he steps off toward 1st base dugout as he throws, how real is that? Awesome.....

Germaniac 03-18-2019 11:17 AM

Great improvements in that department :woohoo:

Now if there would be the option to watch the game like I can with RTS ... say at a sim speed of "2" - just sit back and watch without hitting any key, that would be it.

Bluenoser 03-18-2019 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germaniac (Post 4453533)
Great improvements in that department :woohoo:

Now if there would be the option to watch the game like I can with RTS ... say at a sim speed of "2" - just sit back and watch without hitting any key, that would be it.

I like watching games play out live too. What I do is set the PbP to fast or faster, uncheck the "pause after each play" button and then sit back. Using the short/fast PbP keeps the game moving along pretty good.

Mau 03-18-2019 11:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 4453541)
I like watching games play out live too. What I do is set the PbP to fast or faster, uncheck the "pause after each play" button and then sit back. Using the short/fast PbP keeps the game moving along pretty good.

Where is the "pause after each play" button? can't see it.

Markus Heinsohn 03-18-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bluenoser (Post 4453513)
Very nice. Movement looks more fluid, realistic in a lot of cases.

I notice right away that sidearm pitchers actually dip and throw sidearm - that's nice. I'm curious, did you manage to model submariners?

If I load up Kent Tekulve or Dan Quisenberry will I see this modeled also? :)

I like how when running the bases players take a turn now and not just stop at the bag all the time.

Would still like to see someone caught at home base on a wild pitch. The ball always gets there after the runner scores, haven't seen one thrown out yet. Hopefully I see it in XX.

Great improvements overall, keep up the good work team. :thumbup1:

Awesome! Glad you like it! :D

zrog2000 03-18-2019 11:44 AM

I have this weird thing at times where the pitcher winds up and the ball comes out about 2 seconds later. Am I the only one? Wondering if that's a bug or something weird with my setup.

Markus Heinsohn 03-18-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrog2000 (Post 4453579)
I have this weird thing at times where the pitcher winds up and the ball comes out about 2 seconds later. Am I the only one? Wondering if that's a bug or something weird with my setup.

Can you post this here along with the info posted in the instructions:
http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...d.php?t=299985

Markus Heinsohn 03-18-2019 11:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mau (Post 4453563)

This is only visible if both teams are set to the computer manager.

Germaniac 03-18-2019 11:49 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mau (Post 4453563)

I have looked everywhere ... I don't see that "pause after each play" button neither :(

BTW, what do I change when I click on the "Pitch-by-Pitch" button?

zrog2000 03-18-2019 11:51 AM

If you have pause between each play turned off, how do you pause the replay? Having trouble with that.

n/m figured it out. Hit escape.

Germaniac 03-18-2019 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4453587)
This is only visible if both teams are set to the computer manager.

So I can't do that if I act as Manager/GM of my team?

zrog2000 03-18-2019 11:53 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Some players have facegen next to their name and some have their cards next to their name.

texasmame 03-18-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germaniac (Post 4453592)
I have looked everywhere ... I don't see that "pause after each play" button neither :(

BTW, what do I change when I click on the "Pitch-by-Pitch" button?

That toggles between seeing every pitch, like a real game, or only seeing the "action pitch;" the pitch on which something happens - in play, strikeout, etc.

sansterre 03-18-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrog2000 (Post 4453596)
If you have pause between each play turned off, how do you pause the replay? Having trouble with that.

Hit escape. It'll pause at the end of the play.

Bluenoser 03-18-2019 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrog2000 (Post 4453596)

Press the escape key to pause play again. May have to press it a couple of times. Has to be between plays.

Matt Arnold 03-18-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Germaniac (Post 4453597)
So I can't do that if I act as Manager/GM of my team?

If you're GM of your team but set all the in-game controls to the AI, you can still watch the game.