OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3624)
-   -   FYI / Gamer's Gate and Boxed Versions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=196995)

battists 04-20-2010 09:14 AM

FYI / Gamer's Gate and Boxed Versions

Hi folks,

Just a quick note to clarify:

The Gamer's Gate and boxed versions of the game are handled by our publisher, Viva. Viva will provide updates/patches for their version of the game, although they will typically be a little behind where we are, as we can produce our updates rather immediately, while Viva needs some time to process theirs and make them available.

If you have a Gamer's Gate or boxed version of the game, you cannot download the game or any updates directly from our site. Since the copy protection is different, your license keys will not work.

Viva currently expects to have an update available at the end of April.

We've gotten a few support tickets about this, but no more than three or four. Still, we apologize for any confusion this may have caused.

Thanks very much!

OOTP Dev

Cryomaniac 04-21-2010 06:16 AM

Lets hope this goes better than the Strategy First thing did last year, eh.

battists 04-21-2010 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cryomaniac (Post 2952905)
Lets hope this goes better than the Strategy First thing did last year, eh.

It's going very well so far, as far as we're concerned! :D

ecd1973 05-02-2010 08:33 PM

For the record, I corresponded with a rep from gamersgate. They were unaware that any patches were required and they said they would contact you all to see if any were required. As of today, there are still no patches available on their site.

huskerdan25 05-03-2010 11:24 AM

I almost fell over laughing when I got this response from gamersgate to my question about when the patch will be made available:

"Hi

Are you sure that patch is not included in the download?

We will contact the developers to make sure."

Pretty amazing that they don't even know there was a patch. I won't be purchasing OOTP from them anymore. I don't like the delay (or in the case, the lack of knowledge) of patches. I will be spending money to get a copy of OOTP 11 directly from OOTP today so I can get my patches as soon as they are made available. Kind of hard to run a league with OOTP 11 when the owners in the league are patched but I am not because gamersgate hasn't made the patch available (or even knows about it).

battists 05-03-2010 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by huskerdan25 (Post 2962653)
Pretty amazing that they don't even know there was a patch.

Hmm, I'm not sure it's amazing. We provide the patch to Viva. Viva has to test and deal with the patch on their end, and then they need to communicate it to Gamer's Gate. It just hasn't gotten that far along the chain yet...

Aumakua 05-11-2010 11:02 AM

Still no patch for boxed versions?

battists 05-11-2010 02:52 PM

The patch for the boxed version is available on Viva's web site here:

Home (Viva Media Support Files)

It's been there for some time. However, I do know that they have had some problems with their web site in recent days...

Aumakua 05-11-2010 09:09 PM

awesome, this is to confirm its working now (before the link was down)

ecd1973 05-14-2010 08:47 PM

Just a note, the patch on Viva Media's site doesn't work with the Gamers Gate version. Support for Viva said that Gamers Gate should be posting the correct patch on their site "shortly". Definitely regretting my purchase from them.

Aumakua 05-14-2010 10:34 PM

I have no clue what version I have now! maybe its gamers game. It was a download version but obviously not the one from this site! it activated on its own after installation but I can't patch it! waste of $40 without support!

Virtualbaseball 05-17-2010 04:10 PM

deleted.

ecd1973 05-21-2010 01:00 PM

FYI -- Gamersgate has the 11.1.8 patch available now. I downloaded it and it installed with no issues.

Malleus Dei 05-25-2010 02:33 PM

FYI - I have bought about ten games (not OOTP, mainly strategy games) from Gamer's Gate and have had no issues or problems.

Rainers 07-16-2010 07:45 PM

So with the release of version .15 and then .17 within a week of each other, how will this be handled by Viva Media. Will it take longer to get the new .17 patch. It doesn't make sense for Viva to release .15 if .17 fixes so small issues not fixed in the previous patch(.15).

Rainers

Rainers 07-19-2010 07:03 PM

Just got an email from Viva E-mail and it goes as follows:

"We are very sorry about the wait for the patch, please find it at:

Viva Media

It is version 11.2.17 and should work with your boxed copy. As you are the first person to receive this patch, please let us know if it works well with your copy of the game.

If you can, please spread the word about the patch being out.

Thank You again for buying the game and I hope you enjoy it, it is truly the best in its genre.

Have a great week!

Aron"

P.S. I just emailed him back to let him know that the next version is on its way (11.2.18)

Rainers

Darkheath 07-25-2010 02:39 PM

GamersGate patch is still dated 5-19-2010.

I'm so screwed. Just sent them a message.

errr... :angry:

Rainers 07-25-2010 03:43 PM

When I was discussing the release of patch .17 with Viva, I was informed that it takes up to a week to release their version of the patch. Due to it being a boxed version, they have to make sure that the new patch works with the on disc copy protection. So have faith my friend it will be released soon; they are doing the best that they can responding to patches that were released very quickly one after each other.

Rainers

Darkheath 07-25-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainers (Post 3016633)
When I was discussing the release of patch .17 with Viva, I was informed that it takes up to a week to release their version of the patch. Due to it being a boxed version, they have to make sure that the new patch works with the on disc copy protection. So have faith my friend it will be released soon; they are doing the best that they can responding to patches that were released very quickly one after each other.

Rainers

I understand, but that doesn't help my problem of having two online leagues having opening day tomorrow and a third about to go into off-season with a draft and available FAs that need to be procured.

If I had known this, there's no way I would have bought from GG... even with the $10 discount.

And while Viva seems to be keeping up, that doesn't explain why GG's version is dated 5-19-10. That's not a week, that's over two months! It's apparent they are WAY behind the curve.

Can anyone here with OOTP prod GamersGate to find out what is up and why they are so far behind?

ecd1973 08-08-2010 09:49 PM

Just an update:

Viva media's site still has 11.2.17. Gamers Gate support doesn't know anything about any patches, and still have the very first patch on their site.

Why is the communication between OOTP Developments and the other distributors so out of whack?