OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3910)
-   -   Historical Minors Test League 1947 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=277615)

crawdad5000 04-23-2017 02:32 AM

Historical Minors Test League 1947

1 Attachment(s)
I ran a test league starting in 1912 so I can see how the historical minors worked. Overall I'm pretty pleased. Seeing stars playing in the minors and then having their contracts bought by MLB teams, not always the one they debuted with, is pretty cool. Lou Gehrig starred with the Pirates for instance. So, I got to 1947 and unclicked the color barrier to see what would happen. Several Negro league stars were picked up by the majors while a few weren't. Here they are.

Roy Campanella, Larry Doby...StL Browns Doby is the #1 Prospect for 1947
Jackie Robinson...ChC Cubs Didn't make the top 100 prospect list.
Josh Gibson...ChC Whitesox at 38 years old. Good to see.

Still in the Negro Leagues but I think will be picked up soon are:
Don Newcombe, Hank Thompson, Buck Leonard, Satchel Paige.

Minnie Minoso played in the minors and the MLB for the Whitesox in 1946. IRL he was in the Negro leagues from 46-48 and jumped to the MLB in 49. So this wasn't supposed to happen. Therefore, in my league Minnie Minoso broke the color barrier.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...1&d=1492925625

crawdad5000 04-23-2017 07:09 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Both Larry Doby and Jackie Robinson won ROY for their Leagues.
Don Newcombe and Monte Irvin (forgot about him) went to the NY Yankees in 1948.
Hank Thompson went to the Washington Senators in 1948.

Lopsided Trade!!!!! Billy Johnson, an average 3B from Washington was traded to the Yankees for, get this....
Don Newcombe, Whitey Ford, Lew Burdette, and 2 minor players. WOW!!! Should anchor the Senators pitching staff for the next ten years.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...1&d=1492941989

crawdad5000 04-25-2017 06:53 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Josh Gibson retired after 7 yrs in the big leagues. 6 total season where he had 98 hr's and a .294 avg. Can't help but wonder "what if". That question will be answered in my next fictional league with historical minors on and color barrier off.

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boar...1&d=1493157197

crawdad5000 06-01-2017 05:27 AM

I finally got to 2017 in my test of the "historical real minors". Never expected that the minors would turn in to reserve rosters. All the historical buttons in the game settings are still active, also. I guess I need to recreate the minors that I want and turn off the historical stuff, plus start a draft and reset the international settings for players? Basically turning in to a fictional league from this point on. Does this all sound right? Anything I'm missing?

Spritze 06-01-2017 12:52 PM

I believe the history of 2017 - 2387 is not written yet. So yeah that will need to be pretty much fictional.

crawdad5000 06-01-2017 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4202441)
I believe the history of 2017 - 2387 is not written yet. So yeah that will need to be pretty much fictional.

:laugh::thumbup1:

Although this is funny, it still doesn't explain why they would have the minors go away and teams revert back to reserve rosters.

Spritze 06-02-2017 12:30 AM

Because the database is empty after 2016. No MiLB teams, no leagues.

crawdad5000 06-02-2017 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4202674)
Because the database is empty after 2016. No MiLB teams, no leagues.

I understand that there are not any teams or leagues to pull from anymore after 2016, I just was wondering why the leagues wouldn't stay in place and be filled with fictional players through drafts as the universe continues. Oh well, I'll just create minor levels that I want and let the teams fill them as appropriate. Thanks Spritze.

thehef 06-02-2017 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawdad5000 (Post 4202682)
I understand that there are not any teams or leagues to pull from anymore after 2016, I just was wondering why the leagues wouldn't stay in place and be filled with fictional players through drafts as the universe continues. Oh well, I'll just create minor levels that I want and let the teams fill them as appropriate. Thanks Spritze.

If you have a backup of your game, try this: After your last (presumably MLB World Series) playoff game but before you advance to the next day, go into each minor league (or at least the leagues that you are interested in keeping) - League Settings > League & Teams - and for Parent League change it from MLB to Not Affiliated. This will probably keep those leagues from disappearing after you then advance forward. Where players who were on minor leagues end up - remaining on minor league teams, or going to an MLB reserve roster - I don't know. But at this point you should be able to re-affiliate all leagues & teams with MLB (a bit of a pain, but I'm guessing it'll be good going forward).

Note that while I haven't tested this specific scenario, I can say that if you unaffiliate the Federal League with MLB just before the conclusion of the 1915 season, it sticks around. So this might be worth a try. (Although a significant difference between the Fed Lg in 1915 and the minor leagues in 2016 are that the Fed Lg has no teams affiliated with MLB, whereas the 2016 leagues do...)

thehef 06-05-2017 06:59 PM

Any update on if/how it worked?

crawdad5000 06-06-2017 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehef (Post 4204021)
Any update on if/how it worked?

No problem. It worked. I unaffiliated (?) the triple A minors to test it. The triple A teams created their own reserve rosters to put extra players in. They kept all their players who were on the team when I did it. They basically became independent minor leagues.

Then I re-affiliated them back to their major league teams and the setup went back to normal. The minor league teams lost their reserve rosters and showed they had more then 25 players. A quick reset of the AI for the whole organizations rosters fixed that.

Thanks thehef!

thehef 06-06-2017 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crawdad5000 (Post 4204117)
No problem. It worked. I unaffiliated (?) the triple A minors to test it. The triple A teams created their own reserve rosters to put extra players in. They kept all their players who were on the team when I did it. They basically became independent minor leagues.

Then I re-affiliated them back to their major league teams and the setup went back to normal. The minor league teams lost their reserve rosters and showed they had more then 25 players. A quick reset of the AI for the whole organizations rosters fixed that.

Thanks thehef!

Thanks for the update - very cool!

henry296 06-19-2017 12:16 PM

Here is what I just did.

One the first day of Preseason in 2016; I did the following.

1. Uncheck Allow Expansion
2. Uncheck import Real Minor Leagues
3. Uncheck disable creation of of fictional players (Draft).

At that point, I simmed 2016 and the draft in November 2016 had all fictional players.

I might do that in 2015 next time as the 2015 draft is really week since many of the 2016 draftees didn't play in the minors last year or aren't in the minor league database.

Spritze - on player I didn't see in the November 2015 draft was Mickey Moniak the first player picked but according to baseball reference he played 46 games in the gulf coast league: http://www.baseball-reference.com/re...d=moniak000mic Shouldn't he be in the November 2015 draft?

Spritze 06-19-2017 11:52 PM

Historical is not to include rookie leagues per ootp.