OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Steam users - Please review OOTP 20 :) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=300481)

Markus Heinsohn 03-22-2019 02:02 PM

Steam users - Please review OOTP 20 :)

Dear Steam users,

if you enjoy the game and can spare a minute or two, we would greatly appreciate it if you'd write a quick review for OOTP 20 on Steam. We are still a avery tiny studio compared to the big guns over there, and every single review helps. Simply go to the OOTP 20 store page, log in and write a couple of sentences :)

Thank you so much for your support! :flowers:

Markus & the entire OOTP Team

old timer 03-23-2019 02:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
A tad off-topic... I just went to Steam and saw OOTP 20 at the top of "New and Trending". But even better, it's #4 in the Top Selling category. Congratulations!

Markus Heinsohn 03-23-2019 05:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by old timer (Post 4458357)
A tad off-topic... I just went to Steam and saw OOTP 20 at the top of "New and Trending". But even better, it's #4 in the Top Selling category. Congratulations!

Thanks! We were even #1 of the trending section in the US for a while (maybe we still are, at least in Germany we are). And #7 Top seller world wide :)

old timer 03-23-2019 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4458429)
Thanks! We were even #1 of the trending section in the US for a while (maybe we still are, at least in Germany we are). And #7 Top seller world wide :)

Yeah, it's still #1 trending in the US, but it's now #2 in sales in the US. It seems that sales worldwide has fallen a bit, but to reach #7 worldwide even if for a short while is amazing!

BronxBombers7 03-23-2019 09:45 PM

Already reviewed it! This is the best OOTP yet!

Vonschlick 03-24-2019 02:02 PM

I just left a review on steam. You an call me a Fan Boy if you want, but this is just the game I have wanted since I was a kid many years ago. I like the fact that they spend time improving performance and improving the AI even more than adding new features.

Viridel 03-24-2019 02:09 PM

You don't want me reviewing this, because I am ready to f__king lose it over your idiotic league-creation system and constant rebuilding of databases of individual files.

Westheim 03-25-2019 07:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Viridel (Post 4459800)
You don't want me reviewing this, because I am ready to f__king lose it over your idiotic league-creation system and constant rebuilding of databases of individual files.

Well, there is some constructive criticism to draw from ...!

I will only review the game when it actually let's me get over .500 with my team in my quick-and-dirty league. Could be a while. :rolleyes:

reo 03-25-2019 06:11 PM

Will do when I get home.

Statsman1 03-26-2019 09:13 PM

Consider it done.

Markus Heinsohn 03-27-2019 03:14 AM

Thanks guys!

Keep'em coming! :)

pgjocki 03-29-2019 10:16 PM

Done,

Another great release and I am truly enjoying it.

Gutie 05-09-2019 06:36 AM

Just nuke my post if possible please, I'll find somewhere to post my comment elsewhere.

Pyrophoros 05-10-2019 02:55 AM

I will gladly post a review once I can find out how to load a league I have successfully restored. I get the message saying, "Successfully restored the backup set" and the total number of files match. However, when I return to the load game screen, the restored game is not present. If there was one feature I desperately wish you had, it would be incorporating the Steam Cloud saves so that I could switch between desktop and laptop games easily. Thank you for any assistance on getting my game loaded. I'm thoroughly addicted to OOTP 20.

Andy 05-10-2019 06:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrophoros (Post 4486499)
I will gladly post a review once I can find out how to load a league I have successfully restored. I get the message saying, "Successfully restored the backup set" and the total number of files match. However, when I return to the load game screen, the restored game is not present. If there was one feature I desperately wish you had, it would be incorporating the Steam Cloud saves so that I could switch between desktop and laptop games easily. Thank you for any assistance on getting my game loaded. I'm thoroughly addicted to OOTP 20.

This post may get noticed here, but it’s always a good idea to post in the bug reports forum.

Pyrophoros 05-10-2019 04:36 PM

I would have posted it to Bug Reports, but I'm pretty sure that it isn't actually a Bug, but rather a need for an explanation about something which functions perfectly once someone knows how to go about it. I understand why you commented as such, but it is currently affecting how I'm planning on reviewing the game on Steam. After considerable time spent looking online for answers, this seemed most relevant to both topics. Thanks!

Lukas Berger 05-15-2019 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pyrophoros (Post 4486499)

If you used the in-game restore function, the league should just load with the same name as the original league. So basically, it's just in the specific save you have open, while doing the restore process. Is that clear enough? Not sure I explained it as well as I could, so any questions or trouble, feel free to ask for more details.

Markus Heinsohn 08-15-2019 05:20 AM

A friendly bump & reminder :) Every single review on Steam helps us guys. So if you could spare two minutes and review the game, even if it's just 1 or 2 sentences, we'd greatly appreciate it. Simply go to the OOTP 20 store page, log in and write a couple of sentences :)

Thank you!!

Zundar 08-20-2019 01:02 AM

I couldn't get the Steam version to work. Just about every time I installed it I would get a list of various databases that didn't load. The few times I was able to load a game it would crash during the first season, then the game wouldn't load again. I finally gave up and ordered it form the internet.

Markus Heinsohn 08-26-2019 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zundar (Post 4528083)
I couldn't get the Steam version to work. Just about every time I installed it I would get a list of various databases that didn't load. The few times I was able to load a game it would crash during the first season, then the game wouldn't load again. I finally gave up and ordered it form the internet.

That is very strange. Did you contact our support? It looks like the Steam version did not install as the admin user for you.