OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   5000+ Generic Logos Free for the Taking (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=193197)

cephasjames 02-19-2010 01:19 PM

5000+ Generic Logos Free for the Taking

All of the logos (officially 5000+) are named for easy searchability and made to be plug-and-play* (for new games) by using Layton is my Homeboy's Fictional Logo File Utility (this thing is AWESOME, check it out). Every logo has the logo name with all of the color codes that are needed. Just put them into your "logo" folder and when you start a new game they will create team colors, hat colors and uniform colors.

You may download the entire 5000+ collection here.
or
You may download the original 4500+ collection here.
You may download the 200+ logo expansion pack here
You may download the 400+ logo expansion pack here.
and
You may download a team nicknames file that only uses nicknames from this collection here
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ __________
Design Note: When I renamed these using Layton's utility I made all of the uniforms white (because that's what I like ;)). If you want some or all of them to be alternate, colored uniforms simply plug them into Layton's utility and change them. It takes seconds.
Quote:

DISCLAIMER:
1. I claim no credit for creating ANY of these logos. I found pretty much all of them just scouring the internet. The only work I did was putting them into format.
2. Some types of pictures have different names (like a picture of a bear might be called "bears" or "bruins" or "ramblers") so if you're looking for a certain picture but aren't finding it think of other names it could have and search there.

* they have all of the hex code attached to them needed to automatically imput the team colors, etc in game for new games.

cephasjames 02-19-2010 02:08 PM

That was a fast sticky. :D Thanks.

BlitzburghBucco 02-20-2010 12:37 AM

These are absolutely amazing. Thank you. :)

cephasjames 02-26-2010 01:30 PM

Layton is my Homeboy 02-28-2010 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cephasjames (Post 2915424)
I am currently renaming all of my logos, for better searchability, and making them plug-and-play* by using Layton is my Homeboy's Fictional Logo File Utility (this thing is AWESOME, check it out). When this is done I'll ship them out to davwms, and whomever else will host them, so that when you download them they will be all set to go right into the game. No more of you fiddling around with graphics programs to figure out the colors to use.

* they will have all of the hex code attached to them that will automatically imput the team colors and create uniforms with the same colors in game

It should be noted that you won't be able to include all of the logos in your collection as plug-n-play. The reason being that there are a lot of team nicknames for which your collection has more than one logo (e.g. "Pirates"). When OOTP is figuring out which logo to use, it will stop when it finds the first "hit". In other words, even if you include a dozen logos named Pirates_blah_blah_blah.png, only the first one (alphabetically??) will get used by the program - it won't randomly select from all 12.

That said, using your logo pack will be much easier once the renaming has happened, and it will make it a lot easier to set up a richly customized fictional league. Ideally, it would be great if we can find a logo for each entry in the team_nick_names.txt file that OOTP uses to randomly generate team names.

cephasjames 02-28-2010 03:07 PM

Yeah, people will still have to select which version of Pirates they'll want but once that's done then they can either manually plug them in or put them in to the logo folder so the game automatically pulls them up. Your utility is making it sooooooo much easier to just pick and go.

The idea of having only one logo of each name in the logo folder is ideal. I hope we can find a logo for every team nickname. That was a goal of mine once but there are some very odd names that are hard to find logos for.

Layton is my Homeboy 02-28-2010 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cephasjames (Post 2916914)
The idea of having only one logo of each name in the logo folder is ideal. I hope we can find a logo for every team nickname. That was a goal of mine once but there are some very odd names that are hard to find logos for.

That's very true. I've just put in a feature request to add a "weight" field to the team_nick_names.txt file. That way, you can make sure that OOTP selects names like "Cardinals" more often than names like "Excelsiors" (or "Heinsohns", which is included as an easter egg in the names file).

cephasjames 02-28-2010 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy (Post 2917030)
That's very true. I've just put in a feature request to add a "weight" field to the team_nick_names.txt file. That way, you can make sure that OOTP selects names like "Cardinals" more often than names like "Excelsiors" (or "Heinsohns", which is included as an easter egg in the names file).

I like that.

cephasjames 02-28-2010 10:32 PM

'A' has been updated.

cephasjames 02-28-2010 11:19 PM

'B' has been updated.

cephasjames 03-01-2010 01:39 PM

'C' has been updated.

cephasjames 03-01-2010 03:27 PM

'D', 'E' and 'F' have been updated.

cephasjames 03-01-2010 11:24 PM

'G' and 'H' have been updated.

cephasjames 03-02-2010 10:46 AM

'I', 'J' and 'K' have been updated.

canadiancreed 03-02-2010 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy (Post 2917030)

I wonder if there is a way to weight them based on era. For example Cardinals would be more apt for modern day, while Excelsiors, more for the 19th century.

cephasjames 03-02-2010 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by canadiancreed (Post 2918048)
I wonder if there is a way to weight them based on era. For example Cardinals would be more apt for modern day, while Excelsiors, more for the 19th century.

Era specific weighing? Hmmm.

cephasjames 03-02-2010 01:53 PM

'L' has been updated.

Layton is my Homeboy 03-02-2010 03:41 PM

cephasjames,

I notice that on photobucket, it's cutting off your logo names (for example "aardvarks_000000_001052_001052_0000.png"). I think there may be a limit on file name lengths for photobucket.

cephasjames 03-02-2010 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layton is my Homeboy (Post 2918187)
cephasjames,

I notice that on photobucket, it's cutting off your logo names (for example "aardvarks_000000_001052_001052_0000.png"). I think there may be a limit on file name lengths for photobucket.

Grrrrr. Thanks. I'll figure something out.

Layton is my Homeboy 03-02-2010 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cephasjames (Post 2918196)
Grrrrr. Thanks. I'll figure something out.

I've just sent you a PM that might work as a solution once you have the full set re-named.