OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 18 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3910)
-   -   Neutralized stats, Ty Cobb showing as infielder??? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=284472)

Reed 01-24-2018 10:21 AM

Neutralized stats, Ty Cobb showing as infielder???

End of 1904, rookie draft, playing with neutralized stats. Ty Cobb showing up as 1B. Went to his profile, selected real life stats, neutralized fielding and it just shows hom as an infielder. I went to league setting and changed base player roles on AI evaluations to real life stats and he still shows as a 1B. Fast simed 20 years and his entire career is as an infielder.
I havenÂ’t checked other players but is this common for neutralized stats???
I like the concept of neutralized stats but I keep running into glitches so I guess IÂ’ll restart my league with real stats.

Reed 01-24-2018 11:25 AM

I checked Cobb’s real life neutralized stats in OOTP 16 and there he is showing correctly as an outfielder. Why is his neutralized stats now showing as an infielder in OOTP 18???

Spritze 01-24-2018 02:40 PM

1B means neutralized fielding did not load properly in your game. 1B is the OOTP default when it cannot find fielding data for a player or he has retired and been unretired. The retired bit is a bug.

actionjackson 01-24-2018 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4270335)
1B means neutralized fielding did not load properly in your game. 1B is the OOTP default when it cannot find fielding data for a player or he has retired and been unretired. The retired bit is a bug.

Neutralized fielding stats cannot load properly because there are no neutralized stats anywhere in the game anymore. This needs to be announced and made clear somewhere so that people stop trying to play a mode that no longer exists.

Spritze 01-24-2018 10:58 PM

Neutralized Fielding is there so don't expect a false announcement announcing something that is false. That would be silly.

actionjackson 01-24-2018 11:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4270445)
Neutralized Fielding is there so don't expect a false announcement announcing something that is false. That would be silly.

Please see other thread. Neutralized Stats are no more. They have passed on. They are pushing up the daisies. They are an ex-mode of play in OOTP Baseball.

Spritze 01-25-2018 01:45 AM

They have not. I am the person who supplies them and they exist OOTP18. when they cease I may be the second to know.

actionjackson 01-25-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4270489)
They have not. I am the person who supplies them and they exist OOTP18. when they cease I may be the second to know.

Please forgive me. You are indeed correct. I was looking at players in a Real Stats game. Apparently you can't see a player's Neutered Stats if you're playing a game with Real Stats. This does not change the fact that there is a problem with OF, such as Mr. Cobb and Mr. Crawford (among others) that needs addressing. Shall I endeavour to track them down and bring them to the "Historical Database Issues" thread?

Spritze 01-25-2018 08:43 AM

This is a known bug with an unknown cause at this time. I am pretty sure it has to do with a peculiar user set of actions but so far the developers have not been able to reproduce this bug. I see it from time to time and so do others but the why is as elusive as a fairy in a Chinese dumpling factory. If you can figure out the why it would be appreciated.

actionjackson 01-25-2018 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4270520)
This is a known bug with an unknown cause at this time. I am pretty sure it has to do with a peculiar user set of actions but so far the developers have not been able to reproduce this bug. I see it from time to time and so do others but the why is as elusive as a fairy in a Chinese dumpling factory. If you can figure out the why it would be appreciated.

It's a possibility that this could have something to do with the state of Mr. Cobb's Neutered Fielding Stats as illustrated below:

Spritze 01-25-2018 01:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here are the Cobb fielding stats in the neutered database. It would appear from this that the FieldingOF2.csv is not being processed by the game correctly.

Jeff1787 03-08-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spritze (Post 4270489)

In OOTP 18 I noticed that if you look up a players "Real Life Stats" his MLB career stats show up just fine. However, if you then go to the "Neutralized tab (pitching or batting) it shows all zeros.

In your DB neutralized stats show up. Confusing?

David Watts 03-08-2018 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff1787 (Post 4288824)
In OOTP 18 I noticed that if you look up a players "Real Life Stats" his MLB career stats show up just fine. However, if you then go to the "Neutralized tab (pitching or batting) it shows all zeros.

In your DB neutralized stats show up. Confusing?

See post #8

Jeff1787 03-08-2018 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by David Watts (Post 4288826)
See post #8

If the game is changed from Real to Neutralized then I assume the neutralized stats will then show up.

actionjackson 03-08-2018 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff1787 (Post 4288837)
If the game is changed from Real to Neutralized then I assume the neutralized stats will then show up.

Yessir :hello!!: