OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   Build Your Franchise From Scratch: Expansion Comes to FHM 2 (Part One) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=256972)

Cole 07-17-2015 02:56 PM

Build Your Franchise From Scratch: Expansion Comes to FHM 2 (Part One)

Check it out, a new blog post has just gone live, dealing with expansion in FHM 2:

Build Your Franchise From Scratch ? Expansion Comes to FHM 2 (Part 1)

BlackIce 07-17-2015 03:18 PM

This is crazy... I'll have to say, when FHM2 launches, I'll be hitting up this expansion draft first and foremost! =)

Thanks for the images Cole!

Cole 07-17-2015 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackIce (Post 3895540)
This is crazy... I'll have to say, when FHM2 launches, I'll be hitting up this expansion draft first and foremost! =)

Thanks for the images Cole!

It's definitely a fun process, I must admit. Will take a talented GM to turn those expansion teams into perennial winners, that's for sure.

checkyoursixx 07-17-2015 03:26 PM

Looks really polished. Good to see!

One thing to point out though, the star ratings are interesting to say the least. It looks as if all NHL players will have a star rating of over 3, even the borderline fringe players and top AHL players.

Atleast according to those screenshots that is what it looks like.

Comparing to OOTP, you'll have 1.5 and 2 star players playing in the MLB. Seems like Star Ratings won't be a valuable way of determining a players potential. The difference between a 1.5 Star and 4 star was more noticable in OOTP, where as in FHM it looks like a player like Nikita Scherbak (potential 3.5 stars) has the same upside as a Jay McClement (3.5 stars).

BlackIce 07-17-2015 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by .Cole. (Post 3895542)
It's definitely a fun process, I must admit. Will take a talented GM to turn those expansion teams into perennial winners, that's for sure.

The excitement of taking a number one or two overall pick and instantly becoming your first franchise bluechip prospect and quite possibly your franchise player for many seasons even with core players that have been plucked from the expansion wire is very cool.

I cannot wait!

BlackIce 07-17-2015 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by checkyoursixx (Post 3895543)

One thing to point out though, the star ratings are interesting to say the least. It looks as if all NHL players will have a star rating of over 3, even the borderline fringe players and top AHL players.

Comparing to OOTP, you'll have 1.5 and 2 star players playing in the MLB. Seems like Star Ratings won't be a valuable way of determining a players potential.

I kinda like this idea as it keeps tough guys like the Bolligs, Engellands and Reaves with minimum to mediocre skill but agitators such as Ott and the Rinaldos in the NHL instead of rotting away on the farm when they can still preform a valuable role to certain Gm's and organizations in todays physical watered down NHL.

A player like Dryson Bowman might add more speed, more hockey sense and a bit of skill to your lineup but a guy like Ryan Reaves will bring the intensity, energy, physicality, and intimidation if the games gets chippy. Both would be compared to adding the same kinda element on your bottom lines but different skill sets and one cannot rate Bowman higher than a guy like Reaves or Rinaldo. At least thats my philosophy! lol

Cole 07-17-2015 03:38 PM

Quote:

Comparing to OOTP, you'll have 1.5 and 2 star players playing in the MLB. Seems like Star Ratings won't be a valuable way of determining a players potential. The difference between a 1.5 Star and 4 star was more noticable in OOTP, where as in FHM it looks like a player like Nikita Scherbak (potential 3.5 stars) has the same upside as a Jay McClement (3.5 stars).

There are definitely those under 3 stars who are in NHL. I don't have the game in front of me at the moment or I could give you a more accurate look. You are right though the stars don't operate the exact same way as in OOTP.

Orioles1966 07-17-2015 05:42 PM

It looks like we will be able to assign expansion teams to any division. Is this true?

Any official final word on max expansion (5 expansions-10 teams?)?

Are minor league expansion teams automatically assigned to a division or can we assign them?

scootermojo 07-17-2015 08:18 PM

Good lord....this looks awesome!!!! I almost wish I hadn't seen this since I practically can't wait for the game to be released.

Smetana 07-17-2015 09:05 PM

Quote:

You're right, the separation of players' star ratings is much tighter than you might be used to. The stars are there only to give a general indication of player quality. To really judge a player, you'll need to trust your scouts--hopefully you've hired good ones!--and the player's performance--traditional stats, as well as plenty of those new fangled advanced stats, and also his game ratings.

Empach 07-17-2015 09:21 PM

Thank you Cole! This is what I wanted to see.
The expansion process looks great, I can't wait to take over a new team. Usually when I play I try to take a weak team and build it into a champion. Doing it with a team that I pick (from the scrap heap) will be very engaging.

TMpgh 07-17-2015 11:30 PM

Will expansion teams participate in the rookie draft going into their first season? If not, this is an adjustment that should absolutely be made.

deanwells1234 07-18-2015 12:53 AM

this looks nice. how about relocation will that be happening in the game this year? say pheonix just can't keep a team around?

Penfold75 07-18-2015 04:38 AM

I think the expansion screenshots look great. Well done. Great work. I can't wait to try Expansion out and bring back Quebec. Once again well done and another indicator of how different and improved FHM2 is going to be :-)

The Game 07-18-2015 08:04 AM

Are custom leagues available? Would like to play my Endor Hockey League and when BTS comes out my Endor Football League.

Rizzo 07-18-2015 09:50 AM

Wow this looks great! I don't play single player leagues at all but now this makes me want to join an online league that will allow for expansion lol. Would love to start a team in Quebec to run myself and then maybe Seattle.

dmytron 07-18-2015 01:47 PM

Is it a correct question to ask beta testers what teams specifically they had added (expanded) to their test leagues?

WIUPIKE 07-18-2015 02:52 PM

Can't wait for this feature!!!! Now if the NHL draft has the Central Scouting Rankings.

Curt-97 07-19-2015 01:43 AM

This all looks amazing! I can't wait for this game to come out!

Is the league expansion just for the NHL or is it available for all leagues? I'd love to see how expanding the elite league would shape up!

Cards>Cubs 07-19-2015 03:20 AM

Wow. Looks great. Cant wait for release.

I see some of the negativity on this forum at times and I just have to laugh a little being a long time OOTP fan. Its a process. Enjoy the ride from year to year. This game is looking like it will improve drastically over FHM.