OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: Online Leagues (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3643)
-   -   Opening in the Canadian Baseball League (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=221718)

chrisj 05-25-2012 11:55 PM

Opening in the Canadian Baseball League

One of the longest running OOTP leagues is moving to OOTP 13 next week and has a few openings! We have been around for OVER 10 years (real time) and have just completed our 41st season... what more can you ask for?

Full League Name (Initials): Canadian Baseball League (CBL)
Main URL: CBL Portal
Reports URL: BNN Home Page
Boards URL: CBL Index page
OOTP Version: 13 (just upgrading in the off-season)
Game Needed: Required
Players: Fictional
# of Teams: 24
Export Deadlines Days And Times: 4 times a week, 10PM EST
League Time Per Sim: 1 week
First Season: 2002
Latest Season: Entering 2043
Available Teams: Saskatoon, Edmonton

This is a great league with a great cast. The commish has been the commish since the league first started back in April of 2002 (real time!) and many of the members are quite active and friendly. If you're into fictional leagues at all, IMO you'll be hard-pressed to find a better league.

Probably the biggest key to winning in the CBL is to not overpay for guys. You'll quickly notice that the best teams are pretty frugal when it comes to their finances and they often let some good players just walk away if they want too much. It can be awfully tempting to pay whatever a FA wants to bring him to your team, but it's also the quickest way to dig yourself a hole from which it may take seasons to dig yourself out of. Still, there are some FAs that are well worth whatever they want, like one of the best aces in the league, but many of the players will not only take your wallet, but much of your organization's future too if you let them. Play it smart, however, and you should do well.

To apply, just PM me.

Wot the Devil? 05-26-2012 12:09 PM

Have pm'd and emailed you.

chrisj 12-04-2012 11:17 PM

First opening in 6 months!

The Hamilton Hawks are available. Check out the link for the team information. Email me at cjurksch@dal.ca if interested.

Thanks!

barracus79 12-08-2012 07:32 AM

great league, great commish, great time.

highly recommended!

sprackman 12-09-2012 01:25 AM

I sent a PM to the commish couple days ago..havent heard a thing...

chrisj 12-10-2012 11:09 PM

hey - sorry! I don't check these forums often (which is why I gave my e-mail :)). Sending a PM now.

chrisj 03-31-2013 10:53 PM

The CBL has two openings currently!

- Hamilton Hawks
- British Columbia Eagles

If you're interested in joining one of the longest running OOTP leagues out there please e-mail me or PM me!

jazzrack 04-03-2013 11:22 AM

join and you can experience Ugo Ducharme. so far this rookie has 2 starts, 2 complete game shutouts......

best league ever btw

chrisj 04-06-2013 06:32 PM

Teams are still open...

llmolsonll 04-06-2013 11:16 PM

Join the league if you are looking for stable sims and a league filled with veterans. If you actually are canadian, then you actually must join!

SayHeyKid4ever 04-07-2013 01:51 PM

Interested in the CBL

I've sent a pm and email to Chris. Leagues with a salary cap are my preference! The CBL looks like a good league.