OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 19 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3935)
-   -   Can a Starting Pitcher Bat Cleanup? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=301654)

Eugene Church 04-04-2019 11:02 PM

Can a Starting Pitcher Bat Cleanup?

My new dynasty league is like a semi-pro league.... only 15 players on the rosters... so many of them have to play multiple positions... some of the pitchers are the best players on the teams.

Can a pitcher be the starting pitcher and bat in some spot other than 9th?

I hoping some of you will know the answer.

I can try it in a game and see if it will let me do it, but I would rather know for sure first.

cavebutter 04-04-2019 11:29 PM

Almost positive you can manually set the lineup to have the pitcher bat wherever you want, Eugene. What I’m not sure of is whether the AI will ever do it, regardless of how talented a batter he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eugene Church 04-05-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cavebutter (Post 4468287)
Almost positive you can manually set the lineup to have the pitcher bat wherever you want, Eugene. What I’m not sure of is whether the AI will ever do it, regardless of how talented a batter he is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the reply.

I just try it and see what happens.

I make out all of the lineups at the beginning of a game anyway in my newest league where I play out all the games... the AI never gets a chance to do it.

BBGiovanni 04-12-2019 02:50 PM

You can just drag the open spot around in the lineup and put it where you want.

Eugene Church 04-13-2019 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBGiovanni (Post 4472807)
You can just drag the open spot around in the lineup and put it where you want.

Wow, is it that easy?

I didn't think you could use the #9 spot except for the pitcher.

I will give it a try in my next game.

Hope it works.

BBGiovanni 04-13-2019 10:22 PM

I forget which version started it; I bat pitchers 8th fairly often.

Eugene Church 04-15-2019 05:27 PM

It works... I moved the 7th hitter to the 9th spot in the lineup... this left the 7th spot vacant... I tried to put the pitcher there, but it wouldn't change anything on the lineup... I decided just to leave it that way, hoping the AI would insert the pitcher in the 7th spot.

It did.

So it works.

Great News!

Thanks for the help everyone!

Eugene Church 04-15-2019 05:41 PM

It worked again... this time I moved the #2 hitter to the #9 spot... and left the second spot blank... the AI put the pitcher in at the #2 position.

Eugene Church 04-27-2019 01:55 PM

I can place the pitcher anywhere in the lineup... all you have to do is leave the spot you want blank... and move that batter to the 9th spot... the AI will do the rest... it will move the pitcher from the 9th spot to the blank spot.

Keep control of the substitutions until you enter the game... if you set it back to the AI in the pregame section, it will set the lineups its way and disregard your changes in the lineups.

You will only see the change AFTER YOU START THE GAME.

Wonderful.

OOTPB is really something!