OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 3 - Technical Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3914)
-   -   Cannot install the game (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=270546)

Queen 10-17-2016 12:32 PM

Cannot install the game

Whenever I try to install the game I get "Encountered a sharing violation while accessing C:\Program Files\Out of the Park Developments\Franchise Hockey Manager 3\GDFinstall.exe.'

This happens almost at the start of the install. I cannot even uninstall it properly after.

RESOLVED: Did little googling and all I had to do was stop my antivirus from running while installing. Not optimal, though.

Lukas Berger 10-17-2016 01:07 PM

Sorry about that. Thanks for providing the info on the anti-virus being the culprit.

sjmay 10-17-2016 01:08 PM

I can install the game, but can't create a game, it goes into loading everything, then crashes

Edit: It crashes when the bar says its loading face gen data

Lukas Berger 10-17-2016 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmay (Post 4103792)
I can install the game, but can't create a game, it goes into loading everything, then crashes

Is this in 'Path to Glory' mode or sandbox or historical. Or all three?

Can you try to start your game in tracemode by going to 'settings' > 'troubleshooting' and checking the box 'enable debug trace'.

Then after the next time your game crashes restart the game and go back to the same place as before and click the button 'Open Trace File'. Then attach that file to a post here on the board, or email it to support@ootpdevelopments.com and we'll look into the issue.

Andreas Raht 10-17-2016 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmay (Post 4103792)

Edit: It crashes when the bar says its loading face gen data

Please add "nofacegen" to the command line. Does that help?
(On Windows, right-click the FHM3 shortcut, click on "Properties", locate "Target" and at the end behind fhm3.exe add a space and the letters nofacegen)

sjmay 10-17-2016 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lukasberger (Post 4103801)
Is this in 'Path to Glory' mode or sandbox or historical. Or all three?

Can you try to start your game in tracemode by going to 'settings' > 'troubleshooting' and checking the box 'enable debug trace'.

Then after the next time your game crashes restart the game and go back to the same place as before and click the button 'Open Trace File'. Then attach that file to a post here on the board, or email it to support@ootpdevelopments.com and we'll look into the issue.

Not good at all this tech stuff, but it was path to glory, I did the enable debug trace, and tried it again and it crashed,

Found the file, going to email it, not sure how to attach it here

sjmay 10-17-2016 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andreas Raht (Post 4103805)
Please add "nofacegen" to the command line. Does that help?
(On Windows, right-click the FHM3 shortcut, click on "Properties", locate "Target" and at the end behind fhm3.exe add a space and the letters nofacegen)

Doesn't let me, it says the name is not valid make sure path file and name is valid

Lukas Berger 10-17-2016 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmay (Post 4103809)
Not good at all this tech stuff, but it was path to glory, I did the enable debug trace, and tried it again and it crashed,

Found the file, going to email it, not sure how to attach it here

When you hit 'reply' and your new post pops up click on the little paperclip icon. Then hit choose file in the box that pops up and find your trace file and hit open. That's take you back to the first popup screen. Hit 'upload' and then 'close this window' and your post will automatically have the file attached to it.

Or else emailing support will work just fine;)

sjmay 10-17-2016 01:28 PM

LOL just emailed, easier for me

Lukas Berger 10-17-2016 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmay (Post 4103816)

No worries.

Lukas Berger 10-17-2016 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjmay (Post 4103816)

I forwarded the email to the devs.

They'll take a look at it asap and someone will get back to you as soon as we can.