OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   iOOTP - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3834)
-   -   Crashes After a Win and Other Random Times (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=208611)

billybamf 05-20-2011 05:52 PM

Crashes After a Win and Other Random Times

I have an iPhone 3GS and recently updated the app.

I have noticed that occasionally during start-up the game crashes. It also crashes at random times throughout the season, but I've noticed it crashing mostly after a win.

Is this in the works of being fixed? If not, can this please be fixed soon?

Thanks

Sebastian Palkowski 05-20-2011 07:03 PM

Most of the time a crash occurs when the device runs out of memory. Please make sure, that you reboot your device from time to time:

- Hold down the hold button at the top and the home button at the center front of the device.
- Continue holding them even after the slider to turn off the device appears.
- A few seconds after this, the screen will flash and go black.
- Hold down the hold button at the top until the screen lights up again and the Apple logo appears.
- Release the button and let the device finish booting up.

Is your device jailbroken? We had a beta tester who had problems with some cyanda software. If that is the case I will take a look which App made iOOTP crash.

billybamf 05-20-2011 07:15 PM

Not Jail Broken

My device is not jail broken, but I will try your advice this evening after work. I really hope this works b/c this game is a lot of fun and addicting. If works, well worth the $4.99

billybamf 05-25-2011 09:08 AM

Still Crashes

Ok, so I have followed your advice and for a while it didn't crash but now i can't go through 2-3 gms w/o it crashing and it's mostly after I win.

This is so frustrating. Hopefully there is another update where the game becomes stable and doesn't ever crash

Markus Heinsohn 05-25-2011 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billybamf (Post 3134817)
Ok, so I have followed your advice and for a while it didn't crash but now i can't go through 2-3 gms w/o it crashing and it's mostly after I win.

This is so frustrating. Hopefully there is another update where the game becomes stable and doesn't ever crash

I suggest rebooting your device each time before you play. Unbfortunately we have no influence on other apps running in the background which eat memory.

billybamf 05-25-2011 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 3134820)
I suggest rebooting your device each time before you play. Unbfortunately we have no influence on other apps running in the background which eat memory.

I've done that the past several times but I still cannot go through more than 2-3gms w/o it crashing. I understand you have no influence over other apps in background but this is the only app I have this problem w/ so I do not understand how that's an excuse. Surely this can be fixed to become more stable and not crash

Sebastian Palkowski 05-25-2011 10:19 AM

To be honest it should work without any problems on your iPhone 3GS (even without reboots).

Do you, by any chance, have any Cydia Software installed?

Additionally, what are your exact device information:

iPhone 3GS with ? GB (and how much is free on your disc)?

What is your iOS version number?

billybamf 05-25-2011 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by palli (Post 3134842)
To be honest it should work without any problems on your iPhone 3GS (even without reboots).

Do you, by any chance, have any Cydia Software installed?

Additionally, what are your exact device information:

iPhone 3GS with ? GB (and how much is free on your disc)?

What is your iOS version number?

iPhone 3GS with 8 GB and 1.58 GB free

iOS version 4.2.1

No, I do not have any Cydia software. My phone is not jail broken

Thanks for your help

billybamf 05-26-2011 01:00 PM

Not sure if this matters but...

as mentioned I have 1.58GB remaining in memory and am 120+ games into my first season. If this just not enough memory to run this game? I do turn my phone off and on before I play it and it still crashes after 2-3 games played.

Sebastian Palkowski 05-26-2011 06:59 PM

Please see the other post for an update. I try to find out why you two have crashes on new devices (which should not happen).