OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM 2 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3893)
-   -   Newbie question(s) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=270159)

pezdaddy 09-28-2016 02:45 PM

Newbie question(s)

I'm interested in FHM3 as I'm lost interest in using the EA NHL series to try to sim :laugh: NHL hockey (yeah, I know ... ). I see that FHM3 has full NHL licensing support in it. So here are my questions

(1) If I choose to run my Devils team, will I be able to keep other team's rosters up to date with roster moves and such? I like to have the rosters realistic. For real player injuries I would send them down to the minors if I needed a roster spot. I also like to set each team's lineup based on what was used the night before by each real NHL team

(2) can I watch other team's games?

(3) if my team doesn't make the playoffs can I watch and/or control another team on their playoff runs?

(4)I'd want to add the Las Vegas team for 2017-18, do I have to use a random generated schedule, or will one be available for the 17-18 season with the authentic schedule?

no way 09-28-2016 03:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pezdaddy (Post 4095785)
I'm interested in FHM3 as I'm lost interest in using the EA NHL series to try to sim :laugh: NHL hockey (yeah, I know ... ). I see that FHM3 has full NHL licensing support in it. So here are my questions

(1) If I choose to run my Devils team, will I be able to keep other team's rosters up to date with roster moves and such? I like to have the rosters realistic. For real player injuries I would send them down to the minors if I needed a roster spot. I also like to set each team's lineup based on what was used the night before by each real NHL team

(3) if my team doesn't make the playoffs can I watch and/or control another team on their playoff runs?

(4)I'd want to add the Las Vegas team for 2017-18, do I have to use a random generated schedule, or will one be available for the 17-18 season with the authentic schedule?

ad 1) If you use commisioner mode then you can edit pretty much anything, you can even edit injuries as in make player injured (at least was doable in FHM2). Rosters and lineups you might need to add additional managers, been a while since I played FHM2 so not sure on that one.

ad 2) you can watch all games one by one if you want (again at least in FHM2 it was possible)

ad 3) you can watch, for control you'd probably have to add manager if you haven't done that before

ad 4) here I doubt that even NHL does have their schedule for that season done, I might be mistaken but I think they make schedule for each season in the offseason before, so here I'd say not even possible for official schedule.

Adam B 09-28-2016 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no way (Post 4095802)
ad 1) If you use commisioner mode then you can edit pretty much anything, you can even edit injuries as in make player injured (at least was doable in FHM2). Rosters and lineups you might need to add additional managers, been a while since I played FHM2 so not sure on that one.

ad 2) you can watch all games one by one if you want (again at least in FHM2 it was possible)

ad 3) you can watch, for control you'd probably have to add manager if you haven't done that before

ad 4) here I doubt that even NHL does have their schedule for that season done, I might be mistaken but I think they make schedule for each season in the offseason before, so here I'd say not even possible for official schedule.

FHM3 does not currently expand the following season to add Las Vegas. Is it something we want to do? Absolutely. But we're now waiting for clarification from the league to make sure we implement everything right - so it may need to be patched in.

Orioles1966 09-29-2016 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam B (Post 4095890)
FHM3 does not currently expand the following season to add Las Vegas. Is it something we want to do? Absolutely. But we're now waiting for clarification from the league to make sure we implement everything right - so it may need to be patched in.

Can you manually add Las Vegas?

Seems too be confusion about expansion. It was said that no expansion for the ECHL.

Sebastian Palkowski 09-29-2016 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orioles1966 (Post 4096161)
Can you manually add Las Vegas?

Seems too be confusion about expansion. It was said that no expansion for the ECHL.

You canīt add any Expansion Team to the NHL in career mode. We have to clear it with the NHL first.

Anton 09-29-2016 07:41 PM

Does that include 'Sandbox' mode?

Anton 09-29-2016 07:47 PM

-double post, my bad.-

Sebastian Palkowski 09-29-2016 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Anton (Post 4096258)
Does that include 'Sandbox' mode?

At the moment: yes (that might change before release).

WIUPIKE 09-30-2016 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4096261)
At the moment: yes (that might change before release).

I want to make sure I understand, as of this moment we can not expand the NHL in either Sandbox or Path to Glory?

Sebastian Palkowski 09-30-2016 10:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WIUPIKE (Post 4096447)
I want to make sure I understand, as of this moment we can not expand the NHL in either Sandbox or Path to Glory?

No.

Anton 09-30-2016 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4096464)
No.

Nuts. Thanks for the reply.

redtiger7 10-01-2016 10:38 AM

But can we still expand Fantasy leagues?

pezdaddy 10-01-2016 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sebastian Palkowski (Post 4096168)
You canīt add any Expansion Team to the NHL in career mode. We have to clear it with the NHL first.

so if the NHL approves the use of Vegas, is this something that can be patched into FMH3 or do we need to wait until FMH4 is released?

thanks all for answering the other questions I had

Sebastian Palkowski 10-01-2016 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pezdaddy (Post 4097017)
so if the NHL approves the use of Vegas, is this something that can be patched into FMH3 or do we need to wait until FMH4 is released?

thanks all for answering the other questions I had

The moment the NHL finalizes the Las Vegas franchise, we will add it to the game, get the OK from the league and release it in an update.

AEWHistory 10-13-2016 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pezdaddy (Post 4095785)

Nice to see another Devils fan on the forum.

That's all I wanted to say. Carry on....