OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   Schedule Request 50team 2sub 5d 5t (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=268687)

amrayne 07-23-2016 02:33 AM

Schedule Request 50team 2sub 5d 5t

Hello,

I am brand new to the forums. I was looking around and saw people were actually requesting custom schedules and some nice people around here were nice enough to make them! It seems like a lot of work to me. I want to request a custom schedule but i wont be disappointed if no one can get around to it. Like I said, it seems like a lot of work to me.

I have a feeder league. 50 teams with 2 sub leagues. 5 div and 5teams. I was wondering there can be a 2 week off period for the all star break and most of the games are against the division with little interleague.

oh 100 games would be the game amount. Thank you. Almost forgot that one.

Thats it. If anyone can get around to doing it that would be awesome.

Thank you!

SandMan 07-24-2016 05:41 AM

Very difficult because of odd teams in div and odd teams in league. But here is a solution that could work. 4H/4A against all teams in league. This would cover 5 weeks (10 half week series) The team that does not play in the series (each team twice in the 10 series would play a 4 game series against a random IL opponent. This would equal 10 series and 40 games played 32div/8IL. The teams would then play a 3H/3A against 2 of the other divisions which would be 10 teams for 60 games to total 100 games.

The tricky part is that not all divisions will be playing at the same time in division. I'll have to stagger them. This would take a little time but when done would be a kick ass schedule. For the non div matchups it would be like this: 1 plays 2/5, 2 plays 3/1, 3 plays 2/4, 4 plays 5/3 and 5 plays 1/4. This gives every one 2 divisions to play with no duplication. That would leave them not playing 2 divisions, but I could make 2 schedules that you can load a different one each season and that way you would get every opponent in subleague every two years. 2nd year 1 plays 3/4, 2 plays 4/5, 3 plays 5/1, 4 plays 1/2 and 5 plays 2/3. sound complicated but once put into a spread sheet is not too difficult after you create the initial setup. Any increase in the amount of div games will result in more interleague games played and fewer non div games.

This would give you a 18 week schedule with the 2 week break and your requirement of 100 games. Games would be D32-N60-I8. If you wanted more divisional games we could go D48-N40-I12 this would mean go 6H/6A for div games 4H/0A or 0H/4A for the 10 non div teams and then the 12 interleague games 3 times 4 opp. when the team is not scheduled for a divisional game when the div series is played due to 5 teams in div.

I think I can fit both schedules in an 18 week season or 126 playing days. Let me know what you think about this. It will be a litlle difficult to make but once made it will be a nice schedule to add to the schedule list for other players to use. I don't see too many 50 team schedule out there on the schedule list. This schedule really interests me, but I need to know what kind of time frame you are looking for to have this schedule.

If this is a schedule that you are just doing for a 1-time league it may not be worth doing but if this is something you plan on using a bit I think it would be worth the effort.

amrayne 07-24-2016 07:51 PM

That sounds awesome man! I mean the 2 week break isnt really something i need. Really the only thing i wanted was to make a 100 game schedule for 50 teams with 2 leagues and 5 division mostly playing division games. I definitely would prefer the D48-N40-I12. I use this league a lot. Its a lot fun. I dont want to take up too much time if its too difficult. I also can add teams and adjust things if it makes anything easier.

If you really could make something like this happen it would be the best thing for my little feeder high school league.

SandMan 07-25-2016 02:04 AM

I have 2 schedules that I am working right now, but I can start this tuesday. It may take me a few days because of the unique setup. I can get it to you by Friday - I hope this is okay.

amrayne 07-25-2016 05:12 AM

Absolutely, thats great!

Thanks

SandMan 08-10-2016 08:32 PM

Update

Will be done with this shortly - testing and verifying the schedule now.... if all goes well I will post it tomorrow.....

thehip41 08-11-2016 03:51 PM

this sounds like a beast of a schedule to make sure everything happens correctly

SandMan 08-12-2016 03:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thehip41 (Post 4077534)
this sounds like a beast of a schedule to make sure everything happens correctly

I just finished and it was a beast. 8 days to design and 2 days to make the schedules. Ended up making 5 schedules to ensure that all the matchups would eventually occur. Some users won't care but I like to make a rotation to allow each team the opportunity to play all other teams.

I also included a bonus that some may like....

SandMan 08-12-2016 03:58 AM

Here it is....

1 Attachment(s)
This was a challenge. Here is how I actually created this monster. It is difficult to have an odd number of teams in a division, add that to a league with an odd number of divisions as well as an odd number of teams in the league then you see the challenge I took on. It took me a while but I noticed something interesting. 4/5 teams play at a time in division. 4/5 divisions play in non-division weeks. I noticed that if I used 4 3game series 6H/6A that would be 48 games with each team also having a "Bye" I decided at that time that the team not playing in division would play interleague games. Worked out good because I wanted the team to play 4/5 of a division in the other league. This worked out nicely because 4x12=48 4x3=12 (interleague) This game me 60 games and I need 100 for the schedule. This gave me 40 games left and with each division having 5 teams I decided to go with 10 games against 2 divisions 10h/10A. This actually worked out great. I ended up with 2 series a week in the week I played division games and 3 series in the weeks that had non division games. This gave me 7 weeks division games with a 3 games series left over and 8 weeks non division with a 3 game series left . So all I did was go D-N-D-N (2 week break) N-(ND)-N-D. So the season started with division games and ended the same.

This schedule sounds perfect, but there is one thing that I don't like with it. It took me 17 times creating a main schedule until I realized there was a major limitation to the schedule. With onlyu 2 home or 3 home games a week it was difficult to have teams play long roadtrips or home series. With an interleague game each series it was hard to have two series match with either the home games or away games. So there are a lot of 3 game series. With every other week being non-division and the games were either all home or all away it basically "blocked" series from continuing either a home or away pattern. If you put the schedule in a spreadsheet in columns you will see the issue. What made this difficult is that there were very few total games played with almost as many division as non-division and a limited number of interleague to help make adjustments.

Overall, I feel that this was the most challenging schedule I have ever done and I am very satisfied by the way it turned out.... The only thing that makes me a bit sad is that not too many people would play a league this big with such a weird setup. I may now play one because I like how this turned out.

Well here are the 5 files for the rotation (to allow all teams to have interleague matchups with all divisions in the other league and to alter the non-division matchups.)

SandMan 08-12-2016 04:03 AM

The added bonus.....

I have enclosed in the zip file a spreadsheet to create different matchups for non-division opponents and interleague opponents. I did create five different files but some may want have their own matchups and this tool will do it automatically.

With the included file maker it only takes about 2 minutes to create a new schedule for this leagues setup. You will need excel to run the program but I included it because although I was happy with how the schedules came out I wanted more options.....

Please read the instructions first with the spreadsheet it is second nature to me but I did show my daughter and brother and they were a bit confused on how it works.....