OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Earlier versions of OOTP: General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3624)
-   -   Catobase Tutorial by Battists and f.montoya (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=106249)

genghisdunn 07-29-2006 05:38 PM

I'm posting this for our league Cato keeper, who's on vacation...

We just finished the 2012 season (running 6.51 since 2010), and he said that when he sat down to update Cato after the year he ran into the problem of Catobase wanting to close out a bunch of existing players and create new, duplicate player pages for them (with just the 2012 stats). It's apparently over 100 players, so this isn't an isolated thing, and we've tried everything we can to figure out some common thread among them all (i.e., they were all 2012 free agents, they all got released this year, they were all 2012 draftees, etc.). But there just isn't one.

We've done Catobase with the 6.51 database before without problems, so I don't think it's an issue of converting with the new software.

Anyone ever have this problem come up before where Cato wanted to close the books on existing players who hadn't retired? If so, how'd you fix it?

genghisdunn 08-02-2006 11:48 PM

No help or suggestions?

Who is the resident Cato expert these days? Someone must have taken up the mantle at some point. Just point me in the right direction - we really need to figure this out.

f.montoya 09-24-2006 10:57 AM

While I sympathize with you and hope that you can get your issues resolved, I can only offer this...

1. Jeff Cato has long abandoned any kind of support for Catobase.
2. Many of the Cato experts have moved their interests to OOTP 2006
3. I (and other former-Cato enthusiasts probably) have uninstalled Catobase and longer use it.

But!! You may have some luck by sending a PM to Sandman or endgame. I think endgame is pretty much through with Cato, but he may have some suggestions. Sandman has been in and out of the community but he is still the foremost expert when it comes to Catobase.:)

genghisdunn 09-30-2006 01:11 PM

Thanks. We just ended up rebuilding it from the beginning using all the old year-end files. Worked fine.

Cowboys3356 09-30-2006 01:32 PM

I have been using Catobase for years and unlike certain OOTP users I will NEVER abandon or uninstall this great utility. Also I will never play OOTP2006 because it is a piece of cr@p and in my opinion they stole Jeff Cato's work or by some really crazy chance it just so happens that all of their history pages look EXACTLY like CATObase. Hmmmm........

Anyway keep using CATO...never stop! And if you have a problem just PM because unlike some others I will always be available to help with this program.

GMGOD 11-16-2007 11:58 PM

CATO Bug

We have had used CATO for over four seasons in our league from the start. We started in 2005 and have CATO updated through 2007. For some reason it won't work now that we have finished the 2008 season and want to update it. I only have the Almanac files from each season and not the end of year files.

We use 6.5. Any suggestions to anybody else who has had a problem with this?

jjguards 07-08-2008 05:26 PM

Has this been deleted i can't access it