OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Suggestions for Future OOTP Versions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3866)
-   -   Stadium Evolutions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=304480)

mrdrewblue 06-22-2019 01:36 PM

Stadium Evolutions

Let stadiums evolve (in both fictional and real leagues) and become a financial lever in the game's universe.

For example,
  • Use owner funds to change the number of seats - perhaps a stadium may expand after many years of high local support. Costs money in the short term but should bring in higher income in the future to lead to higher budget.
  • Fence distances or wall heights tweak based on team style or strategy; perhaps when a new owner comes on board he will 'revise' stadium stats
  • Perhaps you could 'buy' new stadiums with owner funds, or use some of your fan support or loyalty to solicit tax dollars
  • New or improved stadiums can attract and effect how likely free agent talent is to sign
  • Ownership is short on cash? Sell the naming rights to stadium.

Thoughts?

cbbl 07-04-2019 12:41 PM

I like it! Anything that allows more immersion and the game to be played as running an entire baseball franchise or league is great with me.

Vortex421 07-04-2019 02:36 PM

Going to agree on this one... it seems like a natural evolution. New stadiums get built every 20-30 years, and even in between stadiums tend to get upgraded to allow for more seating, better amenities, etc. While you can kinda do that now, if you know how to do it, it would be neater to be able to work on it through the game itself.

Mr. Marlin 07-05-2019 10:18 AM

I like the idea.... but. The role of the player is GM or manager. Business decisions like that are over the pay grade of either position. Unless they happen in the background without the player's control. But the OOTP AI tends to run amok when left to it's own devices. In a few seasons you might find yourself playing in front of a half million fans in a stadium that makes the roman coliseum look like an Appy league park

cbbl 07-08-2019 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Marlin (Post 4511495)
I like the idea.... but. The role of the player is GM or manager. Business decisions like that are over the pay grade of either position. Unless they happen in the background without the player's control. But the OOTP AI tends to run amok when left to it's own devices. In a few seasons you might find yourself playing in front of a half million fans in a stadium that makes the roman coliseum look like an Appy league park

Fair, but I support having the option to play as a league commissioner or as an owner too. In fact, I always play in commissioner mode and manipulate my league to achieve certain results. BUT ... the AI running amok is a valid concern.

I'm actually considering playing the game in commissioner mode not signing to be Manager or GM for any team, just constantly "Playing As" as I see fit.