OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   Team/franchise name and/or Location-related and/or League-related mashups (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=298401)

Clovidequano Dovatha 02-05-2019 11:53 AM

Team/franchise name and/or Location-related and/or League-related mashups

Has anyone done or seen any mashups involving team/franchise names and/or related to locations and/or leagues? At least in relation to OOTP and/or FHM?

If not, I'd really like to see what others here can possibly come up with eventually for various teams/franchises and/or locations and/or leagues, no matter the sport or sports in question. Whether the teams/franchises are in their best known locations or have their best-known historical names, et cetera, or not, I'd really like to see what others can come up with. Also ones related to leagues, no matter what they are, I'd not mind seeing here as well, if possible, for sure, at that.

No matter what level of play or leagues they might come from, I'd still really like to see them, if possible, or from whenever in history, for that matter, at that. So who's up for such a thing here, potentially?

Maybe if OOTPD comes out with a basketball or a football game, for instance, eventually, these looks could be used for various teams in leagues related to those games, or even leagues in them. Besides also being used for either OOTPB or FHM, of course.

For instance, how might any of you mashup the historical looks of the MLB Cardinals with the NFL Cardinals, the ABA Spirits of St. Louis, and the NHL Blues, if at all possible, if not also the FL St. Louis Terriers and/or the St. Louis Steamers soccer teams? Just curious, that's all.

Looking forwards to what you all can come up with here, if and when you all might be interested in such an idea here, of course, folks. CD out.

P.S. The guy doing the Defunct Teams Saga thread on sportslogos.net is still putting things out for it, or still was a bit ago, at least, apparently. Anyone want to get back to work on the related thread here soon, perhaps, please? Just wondering, that's all, of course. CD out.

Clovidequano Dovatha 02-05-2019 12:00 PM

In fact, let's make this even more interesting here. If you want, you can even take random franchises from any number of known or fictional leagues and/or locations and/or sports, and then mash them together as you might see fit, even if they're not actually all from the same location or area or sport, as best as you each can.

But you must mash up at least two teams, of course, if not more, obviously. You can mix eras or sports or whatever, of course, as you see fit, where possible and appropriate enough, as well. CD out.

Eugene Church 02-05-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha (Post 4428473)
In fact, let's make this even more interesting here. If you want, you can even take random franchises from any number of known or fictional leagues and/or locations and/or sports, and then mash them together as you might see fit, even if they're not actually all from the same location or area or sport, as best as you each can.

But you must mash up at least two teams, of course, if not more, obviously. You can mix eras or sports or whatever, of course, as you see fit, where possible and appropriate enough, as well. CD out.

You might have better luck getting your logo, jersey and cap graphics done, if you would be very specific and list exactly what you want.
(For example: Need St. Louis Cardinals logo, jersey and cap, home and away, using the Cardinal NFL image from 1960 to 1987)

These days on the Graphics Forum it takes time to get things done... we don't have the graphics guys we used to have... the days of getting a complete set of logos, jerseys and caps created just for your league are long gone.

Over the last 10 years, we have "burned out" a bunch of talented guys... they no longer come to the Forums... now you are expected to create your own graphics using wonderful software from justafan and a few others.

I find these days, the few graphics guys we have, will do a small job... 1-2 logos... but not a lot more... unless they have already done them and have them available for you to download them.

I was blessed to have 64 teams created by about 10-15 graphics gurus... 64 logos... plus home/away jerseys and caps... for my Islandian Pro Alliance dynasty league... they also did my graphics work for three other dynasty leagues for me... the 16-team All-Time All-Star Association based on the 16 MLB original franchises, the 8-team Southern Association and the 8-team State Line League.

Clovidequano Dovatha 02-05-2019 01:59 PM

No, this thread isn't just for me. I want it to be for anyone and everyone, as much as possible. Think of it, perhaps, as a way to help others out here who might be stuck for ideas for new teams, places, leagues, and/or looks they could use at any time. Many have already been quite helpful, and I thank them for that. This thread is another attempt to give back to this community in recognition of that simple fact.

My birthday's coming up very soon, but the Bible does say it's better to give than receive, so I try to remember that as much as I can. While I know I may have made a lot of requests here, I have also tried to give back periodically as well to this community, for sure.

Take care, all, I hope. CD out.

Eugene Church 02-05-2019 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha (Post 4428519)
No, this thread isn't just for me. I want it to be for anyone and everyone, as much as possible. Think of it, perhaps, as a way to help others out here who might be stuck for ideas for new teams, places, leagues, and/or looks they could use at any time. Many have already been quite helpful, and I thank them for that. This thread is another attempt to give back to this community in recognition of that simple fact.

My birthday's coming up very soon, but the Bible does say it's better to give than receive, so I try to remember that as much as I can. While I know I may have made a lot of requests here, I have also tried to give back periodically as well to this community, for sure.

Take care, all, I hope. CD out.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you wanted.

It's great that you want to give back to the OOTP Community.

Agree with you wholeheartedly that it is always better to give than to receive... people are truly blessed if they live their lives that way.

Clovidequano Dovatha 02-06-2019 07:06 AM

Agreed, Eugene. Nothing wrong with wanting things for oneself, to a degree, but it shouldn't be something that anyone seeks to such a degree that they forget they're not the only people in this world that God made thousands of years ago out of sheer nothingness. Or that they forget anything else that's truly important in it, for that matter.

I may be having my birthday within the next week. But I still want to try and help others from time to time, if and when I can, as best as I can, et cetera. And I have tried to do that here periodically, as I hope the record of my posts here shows well enough to everyone else.

Granted, I have made a lot of requests. A lot of them rather detailed in their natures, at that. Not all have yet been filled, and many may not be, of course, for whatever possible reason or reasons, around here. Even so, I have tried to give back to others here, even if it may only be by suggesting potentially usable team names, locations, and/or league names, for example, at times.

Take care, I hope, everyone. CD out.

Eugene Church 02-06-2019 12:19 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha (Post 4428837)
Agreed, Eugene. Nothing wrong with wanting things for oneself, to a degree, but it shouldn't be something that anyone seeks to such a degree that they forget they're not the only people in this world that God made thousands of years ago out of sheer nothingness. Or that they forget anything else that's truly important in it, for that matter.

I may be having my birthday within the next week. But I still want to try and help others from time to time, if and when I can, as best as I can, et cetera. And I have tried to do that here periodically, as I hope the record of my posts here shows well enough to everyone else.

Granted, I have made a lot of requests. A lot of them rather detailed in their natures, at that. Not all have yet been filled, and many may not be, of course, for whatever possible reason or reasons, around here. Even so, I have tried to give back to others here, even if it may only be by suggesting potentially usable team names, locations, and/or league names, for example, at times.

Take care, I hope, everyone. CD out.

I'm not great at logos, jerseys and caps, but I would make you some if no one else better-qualified does it.

Here are a few examples of my simple and basic work: Bay St. Clair Buccaneers, East Point Panthers, Forest City Firebirds, Elnora All-Stars, San Dimas Rancheros.

Eugene Church 02-06-2019 12:30 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Jerseys created by EC.

These were created by me using justafan's logo, jersey and cap software... the Sox image was taken from cephasjames' website.

I think I did all of this work... please forgive me if I don't properly acknowledge the graphics creator.

I cannot create script lettering... don't have access to that type of font... just Block Lettering is all I have... if you want a mascot image, I can't change colors... I can just install it in the logo as is.

All I can do is very simple, basic graphics... nothing very fancy like knuckler, Txranger and all the other fine graphics guys that did most of my absolutely, beautiful and wonderful logos, jerseys and caps.

The images on the logos came from cephasjames' website... I think it has about 5000 images and mascots.... great site... I had to use the colors on the mascots and images as they were... I cannot change colors of the mascots and images.

Beechwood Blues, Rolling Hills Reds, Red Bluff Red Sox, Midway Wolves

Eugene Church 02-06-2019 12:36 PM

5 Attachment(s)
Caps by EC.

Arroyo Grande Suns, Beechwood Blues, East Point Panthers, Grand City Cybercats, High Mesa Mustangs.

Clovidequano Dovatha 02-06-2019 12:44 PM

Seeing as nobody, including me, has apparently yet been able or willing to do anything related to teams/locations/leagues mentioned in this thread https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=292101, might you perhaps be willing to try? Not necessarily asking you to make them high-quality, if you try, but I still believe you can do any or all of them at least decently well. If you try, I'd like the primaries to be 300x300, and the secondaries to be 150x150, at least for team-related logos.

Thanks for your kind comments. I believe you can do fairly well with whichever teams or leagues you do here, if any, Eugene. And if you could deliver them by Monday, which is my birthday, that would definitely be quite nice as well.

Take care, and God bless, I hope, to you and yours, Lord willing. CD out.

Clovidequano Dovatha 02-06-2019 12:51 PM

Well, try your best, then, if you do try, Eugene. I'm sure I'll be able to use them somehow, or at least I hope I'll be able to, anyway. If you try, please put your attempts in the other thread if you like and can, okay? Thanks in advance. Stay safe, as well, if possible. CD out.

Eugene Church 02-06-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha (Post 4428950)
Seeing as nobody, including me, has apparently yet been able or willing to do anything related to teams/locations/leagues mentioned in this thread https://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...d.php?t=292101, might you perhaps be willing to try? Not necessarily asking you to make them high-quality, if you try, but I still believe you can do any or all of them at least decently well. If you try, I'd like the primaries to be 300x300, and the secondaries to be 150x150, at least for team-related logos.

Thanks for your kind comments. I believe you can do fairly well with whichever teams or leagues you do here, if any, Eugene. And if you could deliver them by Monday, which is my birthday, that would definitely be quite nice as well.

Take care, and God bless, I hope, to you and yours, Lord willing. CD out.

No, I'm sorry, but I won't be able to do them that quickly... this will be a slow process... I am not very talented and definitely not very quick at doing these graphics.

First of all, I need to look at your original thread request and see what you want.

I'll be in contact with you.

Clovidequano Dovatha 02-06-2019 01:44 PM

That's perfectly fine with me, Eugene. If nobody else wants to try doing stuff for me here, they don't have to. I've waited this long, what's a few more days or weeks of potential waiting? Besides, I can always spend more time writing and all, for example, when I'm not reading and/or studying my Bible, of course, in my life. God is awesome at what He does in His Universe and this world, for sure! CD out.

Clovidequano Dovatha 02-07-2019 08:11 AM

By the way, anyone, and I do mean anyone, can either request sets from others or contribute to this thread, if not do both here, or even comment on things in this thread, as long as they do it respectfully enough. In this particular thread, I absolutely do NOT want to see ANY strong language whatsoever, most definitely, folks. I want this to be a family-friendly thread, especially because I began this thread here, and I hate reading or hearing bad language very much in my life, for sure.

That's all for now, I think. CD out.

Clovidequano Dovatha 02-26-2019 01:21 PM

Bumping, so people may see this easier. Also, I would like to remind everyone that this thread was opened so that others may use it to contribute to everyone in this community, and not so I'm the only one potentially served by it, for sure.

I have no current expectations that it will eventually grow quite large, much like the threads of many others around here, including, of course, the Retro thread, but I do hope that it will still be contributed to periodically by many, if and when they so can and are willing to do so in the future. CD out.

Clovidequano Dovatha 07-11-2019 11:10 AM

Bumping, so that others see this thread again. Remember, this is not a thread meant to be just for my requests and all. It can be used for other people's reasonable requests as well. I started it so that anyone can contribute to it and make reasonable and respectful requests for sets related to mashups, folks. So please feel free to comment and/or contribute and/or request as you like and can, within reason and all.

But please check any and all disrespect and bad language, et cetera, at the door of this thread. Such things are not welcome in this thread, for sure, and may and likely will be reported. Thank you. CD out.

Germaniac 07-12-2019 04:07 PM

CD, don't get me wrong, but I think we're all adults here and each and everyone can post their requests.

I don't think anybody needs help on that and I don't think that the gifted modders will check that thread anyway

Clovidequano Dovatha 07-12-2019 06:25 PM

Just trying to help or inspire others here, basically, Germaniac. That's all. CD out.

Eugene Church 07-12-2019 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clovidequano Dovatha (Post 4513661)
Bumping, so that others see this thread again. Remember, this is not a thread meant to be just for my requests and all. It can be used for other people's reasonable requests as well. I started it so that anyone can contribute to it and make reasonable and respectful requests for sets related to mashups, folks. So please feel free to comment and/or contribute and/or request as you like and can, within reason and all.

But please check any and all disrespect and bad language, et cetera, at the door of this thread. Such things are not welcome in this thread, for sure, and may and likely will be reported. Thank you. CD out.

CD, you should realize that no one is interested in this thread, but you.

After quite a few months, it has not gained any interest at all.

No one is going to post any requests here... they will post their requests in their own thread.

No one is going to post their work here... they will put it in their own thread.

Only one person has posted any work here... that was me... months ago... and I did it because you were not getting any help with your Slaabovian Republic League.

It is your right to bump this thread... but you should let it live or die on its own... if it is a thread of interest, it will thrive... if not, sooner or later, it will just be dropped from the first page of this forum and fade into history.

Clovidequano Dovatha 07-12-2019 11:55 PM

Understood. I'll try, EC. But it may not be all that easy for me at times, of course. Thanks for your advice, in any case. CD out.