OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   MLB Live Start (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=309504)

RubeBaker 01-11-2020 08:32 AM

MLB Live Start

I waited until after the 2019 season to start playing the MLB Live Start. I must admit that I was a bit skeptical, but ever since playing it has been lots of fun. My preference is to play the Standard Game and when OOTP21 comes out in a couple of months, that's what I'll do to kick off the 2020 season. However, the MLB Live Start is VERY convenient if you don't want to go through the 2019 season all over again. Plus, you get the real-life transactions and statistics as of the end of the 2019 regular season.

I have noticed that a few of the transactions are not up-to-date, and sometimes the win-loss records are not consistent with the 162-game season. For example: I recently played as the Cubs and we had Nicholas Castellanos on the team, but Alex Lange and Paul Richan were also on the team when they should have been in the Detroit Tigers farm system. No problem. I used Commissioner Mode to trade them to Detroit. And, honestly, this is a minor issue.

It's been fun to go through the Hot Stove season and get the chance to make up the roster during the offseason. I've also been following Rich Grisham and AZ Axel's "Big Rich Machine" videos on YouTube along with Kris Jardine aka SnaggleJ's new Montreal Expos expansion franchise videos on YouTube, playing along with my Live Start.

If you haven't played the Live Start yet, I highly recommend it. I think it's good to keep you occupied until OOTP21 gets released in March.

DaCubFan 01-11-2020 01:55 PM

Where do you load live start?

found it!

WarningTrakPower 01-17-2020 09:33 AM

Quick question, have the minor league player ratings been updated based on their 2019 seasons? Not necessarily looking at the changes on their potential, but their overalls.

Lukas Berger 01-17-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WarningTrakPower (Post 4578065)
Quick question, have the minor league player ratings been updated based on their 2019 seasons? Not necessarily looking at the changes on their potential, but their overalls.

No:)

AirmenSmith 01-17-2020 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lukas Berger (Post 4578079)
No:)

Hey Lukas are you able to comment on why the live start stops at the end of the regular season and not the end of the playoffs. I'm just very curious on this.

Matt Arnold 01-17-2020 04:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AirmenSmith (Post 4578134)
Hey Lukas are you able to comment on why the live start stops at the end of the regular season and not the end of the playoffs. I'm just very curious on this.

There's multiple reasons - the main ones being that playoffs are handled quite differently, so it would have certainly made things more complicated.

It's certainly something we will look into handling down the road, as we continue to grow and develop the live start mode.

AirmenSmith 01-17-2020 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matt Arnold (Post 4578155)
There's multiple reasons - the main ones being that playoffs are handled quite differently, so it would have certainly made things more complicated.

It's certainly something we will look into handling down the road, as we continue to grow and develop the live start mode.

Thanks for the response. I have been wondering why for awhile. Hopefully in the future it will go through the playoffs. Thank again.