OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   ITP General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   *** Please Read *** (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=50661)

Markus Heinsohn 12-20-2003 04:21 AM

*** Please Read ***

First of all, thanks to everyone involved in making this game. :)

I am very happy that not many bugs/issues did arise, and from what I have seen, there aren't any that cannot easily be fixed.

Most of the people seem to really enjoy the game, and some do not. This is a natural thing, you cannot please everyone I guess. I do agree that there are certain areas that need improvements in order to get the game near the potential it has. One of them is the interaction part. But, like you know from OOTP, I am constantly working on a game and will provide patches AND updates that include new features and enhance existing ones, for free!

Another word concerning the bar. This is not an important part of the game, but rather some kind of funny bonus (at least in my opinion it's funny). If you do not like it, simply ignore it. I certainly didn't have the intention to make it look like that alcohol is the only way to improve your mood and to solve problems. Heck, this game isn't designed to be taken too seriously - it's just a game.

Alright, I take today off, and tomorrow I'll begin working on the first patch. I hope I can get it done for an XMas release :)

Cheers,
Markus

PS: Features that will see the light before ITP 2:
- More interaction (like interviews etc.)
- Some kind of Fan Favorite level (fans loving or hating you ;))
- Off season stuff like playing in winter leagues, or working to earn more $$ (important for minor leaguers) etc.
- And, as always, some surprises ;)

Big Willis 16 12-20-2003 04:39 AM

Sounds awesome! The game is great. Keep it up :)

RBLwebguy 12-20-2003 09:40 AM

Maybe you can add some non-alcholic beverages to the Bar ;) , I did find it aweful slow and turned off my anti virus as suggested and seemed to have made a difference to the speed. I like the game as a whole overall. Maybe you can add the option not to print boxscores for all of the other teams, the only boxscores we need to see are that of our minor league teams. This may speed up the game or have the option to turn boxscores off?

Thanks for your efforts! I will make more suggestions as I get more play time in :)

Kaitiaki 12-20-2003 11:45 AM

Thx Markus!

The game's enjoyable as it is now, but I really appreciate the quick word on adding some features, as ITP is a bit shallower than what I had hoped it would be.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I just saw that Steve Kuffrey guy in the bar, and I think I'm going to go drink him under the table. ;)

Steve Kuffrey 12-20-2003 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Kaitiaki
Thx Markus!

The game's enjoyable as it is now, but I really appreciate the quick word on adding some features, as ITP is a bit shallower than what I had hoped it would be.

Now, if you'll excuse me, I just saw that Steve Kuffrey guy in the bar, and I think I'm going to go drink him under the table. ;)

Won't be hard to do unless it's Diet Pepsi we are talking about, last time I had any alcoholic beverage was 1979.......:)

pgardnerjr 12-20-2003 01:23 PM

Hi Markus

First off GREAT game specially since you can grab league files from OOTP! Can these files then go back to OOTP if you want to start another league once you have the minor league player to where you want ?

Next question which I put on a different header but will put here too. Can it be set up (or maybe is already) to see the baseball game schedule so this way you don't overwork the player before the game or get all juiced up at the bar and can't play.

Also had my first fight at the bar and layed out the 1ST baseman before the game we were to play that night :-)

Jordan 12-20-2003 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Steve Kuffrey
Won't be hard to do unless it's Diet Pepsi we are talking about, last time I had any alcoholic beverage was 1979.......:)
Shakedown 1979, cool kids never have the time
On a live wire right up off the street
You and I should meet
Junebug skipping like a stone
With the headlights pointed at the dawn
We were sure we'd never see an end to it all
And I don't even care to shake these zipper blues
And we don't know
Just where our bones will rest
To dust I guess
Forgotten and absorbed into the earth below
Double cross the vacant and the bored
They're not sure just what we have in store
Morphine city slippin dues down to see
That we don't even care as restless as we are
We feel the pull in the land of a thousand guilts
And poured cement, lamented and assured
To the lights and towns below
Faster than the speed of sound
Faster than we thought we'd go, beneath the sound of hope
Justine never knew the rules,
Hung down with the freaks and the ghouls
No apologies ever need be made, I know you better than you fake it
To see that we don't even care to shake these zipper blues
And we don't know just where our bones will rest
To dust I guess
Forgotten and absorbed into the earth below
The street heats the urgency of sound
As you can see there's no one around

sorry...had to go OT for a second there

Bobbuttons 12-21-2003 03:38 AM

I certainly enjoy the game. Love the idea of interviews but would also like the opportunity for endorsement offers, and things other than baseball related stuff (and liqour) to blow my signing bonus on. :)

CHCfan 12-21-2003 10:21 AM

I also love this game, but not as much as I love your avatar, Bobbuttons, it's my absolute favorite lol

markprior22 12-21-2003 01:40 PM

Markus...I haven't been able to play the game a ton but so far I enjoy it. My main issue with the "bar scenario" in this game concerns young gamers like my son, who is 9. He has been playing OOTP since version 3 and really enjoys it (along with EWR, ESPN games, Zoo Tycoon). I do not let him play console games such as Vice City, Hitman, etc (even though some of his friends are allowed to play) because of the questionable society themes involved. I hate to see these elements creeping into sports sims. I love the entire thought process behind ITP and think this game may open the door to an entirely different way of looking at sports sims. I just hope that bars and getting women drunk to take them home isn't something that has to be a part of this "new frontier". As always...thanks for your efforts and another solid game.

Bobbuttons 12-21-2003 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by CHCfan
I also love this game, but not as much as I love your avatar, Bobbuttons, it's my absolute favorite lol

Giddyup!

Cuss16 12-21-2003 02:56 PM

Those are some nice features for a patch. Thanks Markus.

Gordo 12-21-2003 06:14 PM

I would like to see a feature where you can demand a trade if you are unhappy with your team. Based on your luck skill, you can end up somewhere better or worse.

dannyc 12-21-2003 06:23 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by markprior22
Markus...I haven't been able to play the game a ton but so far I enjoy it. My main issue with the "bar scenario" in this game concerns young gamers like my son, who is 9. He has been playing OOTP since version 3 and really enjoys it (along with EWR, ESPN games, Zoo Tycoon). I do not let him play console games such as Vice City, Hitman, etc (even though some of his friends are allowed to play) because of the questionable society themes involved. I hate to see these elements creeping into sports sims. I love the entire thought process behind ITP and think this game may open the door to an entirely different way of looking at sports sims. I just hope that bars and getting women drunk to take them home isn't something that has to be a part of this "new frontier". As always...thanks for your efforts and another solid game.

boo hoo :happy:

Kaitiaki 12-21-2003 07:14 PM

Danny, dude, relax. :)

- Kai

Urban Shocker 12-22-2003 05:10 AM

ITP is a blast to play. I've been waiting forever for a game like this. You're really on to something. Stick with it, Markus. You're doing something no one else has ever done.

attackemu 12-22-2003 05:29 AM

I really love the game and I can't get enough of it. I've been playing and playing since I bought it.

I feel like the key to the improvement of the game, as has been said before, is relationships. Relationships with teammates, coaches, the media, the management, the fans. I'd like for my player to have a personality. I'd like to want to sign with Houston for less money because a good friend of mine from Toronto was traded there. I'd like to refuse to do an interview after blowing a save and have the writer tear me apart in the next article. I'd like the owner to want to keep me around for four years after I've begun my fade. I'd like to have a fight with my coach and get benched for the next game. I'd like to develop a rivalry with some other player and get suspended three games for plunking him in the head.

I think the interviews is a huge step towards this. I don't know how much of it is realistic for this version(I'm no programmer, but probably not too much) but I'd love for the key to future versions of ITP to include as much of this as possible.

I'm hooked, though, and I can only imagine myself as completely loyal to the series as it progresses.

bearman 12-22-2003 11:46 AM

Great game Markus!!! I really enjoy it! The added features for the next release sound good.
The thing everyone needs to remember this is the first release for this game. It's a new twist on things and just like every first time game, there will be features that people will want added. This is something that Markus has been great with. He listens to everyone's ideas and tries to do as many as he can.
I personally think we should thank Markus for not only making these great games, but also hearing what we have to say (both good and bad) and does his best to satisfy everyone with adding features and sometimes redesigning the game.

Thanks Markus!!!

Queensryche 12-24-2003 12:06 PM

Sounds great!

I love the games potential...it has so much. As of right now...there isnt much to do...but you said you would make it more interactive in the future...so THANKS! Can't wait!

Northernsky 12-24-2003 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Bobbuttons
Giddyup!
Just realized thatsa Kramer saying.... funny.