OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   TBCB Trouble-Shooting & Tech Support (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=76)
-   -   FAQ: How can I change the folders which TB 2.5 uses to save the data? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=161036)

Andreas Raht 02-03-2008 01:02 PM

FAQ: How can I change the folders which TB 2.5 uses to save the data?

TB checks the Windows settings and uses the "My Documents" folder no matter on which drive it is. But you can override the settings with the file "config.ini".

First open the config.ini file. It's always in your Windows application data folder. To open it, click on the Windows Start menu, then on "Run...", enter %appdata% and click on OK.
You should now see the Application Data folder. Go to \OOTP Developments\Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5 and double click on the file config.ini to open it in an editor.
Locate these lines:

UserDataPath=
AppDataPath=
ProgPath=

Enter the desired paths like UserDataPath=g:\tb\data

UserDataPath is the path which is usually in \My Documents
AppDataPath is the path which is usually in \Application Data (hidden path)
ProgPath is the path which is usually in \Program Files

JTDOOWOP 12-10-2009 10:52 PM

changing the folders to save files

Hi

I followed the instructions in the forum changing folders to save files
as follows...

UserDataPath=C:\TitleBoutPaths\UserData
AppDataPath=C:\TitleBoutPaths\AppData

But I received the following when starting the game
Error - Invalid gAppDataPath or missing file Config.ini
C:\TitleBoutPaths\AppData

Then i pressed Ok and I received the following
Error - Invalid gUserDataPath or missing folder/DefaultData:
C:\TitleBoutPaths\UserData

Then I pressed Ok and the game closed due to errors on startup

Please Advise...What am I doing wrong ? .......Thanks....Joe

CONN CHRIS 12-10-2009 11:22 PM

Did you move all the files to the newly designated path files or are they just empty folders at this point? I've never tried this but I'd imagine that you need to copy everything into the desired files before re-pointing to them.

JTDOOWOP 12-10-2009 11:31 PM

changing the folders to save files

Hi CC

They are empty folders waiting for input.

I left all the program files where they are...........Joe

CONN CHRIS 12-10-2009 11:33 PM

Try copying them all over first (leaving them in the original folders as well) and see if taht works.

This sort of thing is well beyond me, just trying to think through it. If that doesn't work, I'll PM Andreas (the developer) and he should be able to help but might take a day to get him in here.

Welcome by the way, did you just get the sim?

JTDOOWOP 12-10-2009 11:44 PM

Yes............NewBie......but

Hi CC

I just bought it - great boxing simulation

The only problem is you can't dump all the stats out to a text file
to manipulate the data. If i wanted to put the results on the web
it is a headache. And creating a league - say with a boxer draft etc.
Now that would be great .........I'm working on the idea....Joe

CONN CHRIS 12-10-2009 11:49 PM

Export features certainly need a boost, that's for sure.

JTDOOWOP 12-10-2009 11:54 PM

Thanks...

Thanks for the help ....I will try your idea

Hope that Anreas can take a moment to shed some light on this

saving to other folders.

Well going to sleep now it's almost 11:00 PM here

Goodnight!

Andreas Raht 12-11-2009 08:50 AM

I suggest you only change these paths if you really need to :)

If you still want to change them, do the following:

- Close TB

- locate and open the TB user data folder in "My Documents". Usually it's <My Documents>\Out of the Park Developments\Title Bout Championship Boxing 2.5

- Move all files and folders from the user data folder into the desired folder (for example C:\TitleBout\UserData)

- Edit the config.ini file: UserDataPath=C:\TitleBout\UserData

- do not change the AppDataPath value

- save and close the config.ini file and start TB

CONN CHRIS 12-13-2009 12:13 AM

Have you gotten this to work for you?

JTDOOWOP 12-13-2009 11:34 AM

Save to folders

Hi CC

I have decided to take Andreas advice and leave the game the way it is.
When the games adds some export features so it can grow in popularity I will
try and recruit a few dozen new game buyers for a league. The way it is set up now it is really for individual gamers.

I will continue to enjoy the game and plan for possible league play while waiting for options for stats to be exported for lists of boxers etc.

The only thing I have not explored yet is the exchange file option. What is that ? And what kind of a file is a .xml - What program opens that file ?

Thanks again for your help ............Joe

APBAgreat 04-25-2014 03:01 AM

Andreas,
I was able to successfully import my Saved Game from TBCB 2.5 to Title Bout 2013, however, none of the statitics (My boxers history of their bouts) was imported with the game. all the boxers records went to 0-0. I have been sdaving this data since title Bout Boxong went from a board game to a PC game. I would hate to lose all the stats and time & effort I put into creating this universe. Is there anyway that I can also import my Boxers records generated by them in the TBCB 2.5 and all of its predecessors?

Cap 04-25-2014 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by APBAgreat (Post 3683198)
Andreas,
I was able to successfully import my Saved Game from TBCB 2.5 to Title Bout 2013, however, none of the statitics (My boxers history of their bouts) was imported with the game. all the boxers records went to 0-0. I have been sdaving this data since title Bout Boxong went from a board game to a PC game. I would hate to lose all the stats and time & effort I put into creating this universe. Is there anyway that I can also import my Boxers records generated by them in the TBCB 2.5 and all of its predecessors?

I've seen this question elsewhere. Best to address the problem to the designer Paul Norman. Check out the PISD games forum www.pisd.co.uk or email him at: someone@pisd.co.uk

Cap