OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Names and Nations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3641)
-   -   Hawaiian Name Set (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=226693)

Kevdog1020 12-14-2012 12:44 PM

Hawaiian Name Set

Has anyone ever tried a Hawaiian name set? Trying to start a Hawaiian League but don't have the names and really don't feel like trying to make one. If not, are there any countries that have similar sounding names I could use?

The Game 12-14-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevdog1020 (Post 3419287)
Has anyone ever tried a Hawaiian name set? Trying to start a Hawaiian League but don't have the names and really don't feel like trying to make one. If not, are there any countries that have similar sounding names I could use?

Would American Samoa work?

Kevdog1020 12-14-2012 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 3419526)

Not too sure about American Samoan names, but from the sound of it I would use it. Even if it is a little off, it's better than nothing.

Muzamba 12-15-2012 05:33 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here you go. :)

It's not a very complete list by any means, but hopefully it will do.

It's configured by default to replace the "US Historical" namesets, but you can change the first number (39) to any other set of names you wish to replace.

I would also suggest copying all the "US Modern" names into the Hawaiian namesets, then multiply the frequency of the Hawaiian last names by 10000 and the first names by maybe 5000. That should give you a lot of mixed Hawaiian-American names, which would be more realistic.

Enjoy!

(Oh, and let me know how it works out. ;))

EDIT: Fixed a small problem with the last names file. Should be good to go now.

PW MAX 03-06-2013 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 3419526)

Is there a file for American Samoa floating around out there somewhere? If so, I could definitely use it.

:o

Mr. Baseball 06-18-2013 12:19 AM

African-American Name Set

Thanks! Nice name set :)

Ike348 11-10-2013 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Muzamba (Post 3419679)
Here you go. :)

It's not a very complete list by any means, but hopefully it will do.

It's configured by default to replace the "US Historical" namesets, but you can change the first number (39) to any other set of names you wish to replace.

I would also suggest copying all the "US Modern" names into the Hawaiian namesets, then multiply the frequency of the Hawaiian last names by 10000 and the first names by maybe 5000. That should give you a lot of mixed Hawaiian-American names, which would be more realistic.

Enjoy!

(Oh, and let me know how it works out. ;))

EDIT: Fixed a small problem with the last names file. Should be good to go now.

Oh, thank you! This will work for my Hawaiian players in my states league.