OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   Schedule related question (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=190242)

Afino 10-31-2009 05:14 PM

Schedule related question

I think I've just learned something the hard way...

I tried to create my own "variance" from the game-generated schedule by merely moving games around (deleting the game from the original date, then creating another game between the two teams on my selected date).

Apparently this causes a problem when playing out my games - it's trying to tell me I don't have a game for another 2 months, because the game I moved isn't until then, despite me having a scheduled game today. Is it because of the Game ID's?

If so, okay, I just learned my lesson. So then I'd just have to go into the XML file and change all of the Game ID's to line up correctly?

gmo 10-31-2009 05:45 PM

The XML file does not have game IDs. The game just creates them for each year, and I would be surprised if they meaningful in any way (except to give each game a unique database slot for storing game data) like for ordering games. In fact, I would think the deleted game ID would "disappear" and a new ID would be created with the next ID number not yet used in that universes schedules for this season.

I have never played around with moving games manually like that. Were these regular season games? Was it the day of the deleted game when you deleted it?

Afino 10-31-2009 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gmo (Post 2849942)
The XML file does not have game IDs. The game just creates them for each year, and I would be surprised if they meaningful in any way (except to give each game a unique database slot for storing game data) like for ordering games. In fact, I would think the deleted game ID would "disappear" and a new ID would be created with the next ID number not yet used in that universes schedules for this season.

I have never played around with moving games manually like that. Were these regular season games? Was it the day of the deleted game when you deleted it?

Yes, these were regular season games. I made sure when I re-created that game, it was also a regular season game and the same home/road team. I did this before the season, I think even before spring training too.

I did notice that the game ID stayed the same wherever I would "move" it to (i.e. Game 20 was deleted, moved to the day with Game 520, when I added a game back in there, it was still Game 20.)

I think that's causing the problem, but I have no idea why. I ran tests with just simming the season out and there didn't seem to be issues - it only happens when I play out day by day - it seems to just skip to the next Game ID, regardless of whether it's the next game on the current schedule. I don't have the option to play the scheduled game on the home page, only to auto-play to that game 2 months later.

gmo 10-31-2009 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Afino (Post 2849960)
I did notice that the game ID stayed the same wherever I would "move" it to (i.e. Game 20 was deleted, moved to the day with Game 520, when I added a game back in there, it was still Game 20.)

Interesting. Probably worth a tech support posting, since it presumably should not work the way it does forcing you to go to that added game.

I guess I can think of reasons to maintain the deleted ID. I assume creating a completely different game with different opponents would recycle the ID also. But then there should be internal sorting by game date rather than ID. That though may not be a simple matter and why ID would be used. I certainly will not be teaching any courses on database design.

Afino 11-01-2009 08:16 AM

Yeah, it doesn't make much sense to me.

For now though, I'll throw a post into Tech and work with what the game gives me.