OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 19 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3935)
-   -   OOTP 19 In-Game Walkthrough Video (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=286055)

Kris Jardine 03-14-2018 08:59 AM

OOTP 19 In-Game Walkthrough Video

We have a new video up today brought to you by Markus. In it, he talks about some of the new features of OOTP 19 and shows off some in-game footage. As we inch ever closer to release, take a look at just some of the new things coming to Out of the Park Baseball and let us know what you think.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mPuT5lnrMwI

Markus Heinsohn 03-14-2018 09:10 AM

Thanks Kris! :D

I hope folks are not too hard on me with my poor explanation and commentary skills, haha :)

Also, please keep in mind this was shot with a 2-week old beta build, since then we have tweaked many things (including making the Green Monster bigger) and adding new animations. Things are really shaping up at the moment, it'll be a great launch!

Enjoy the video :)

texasmame 03-14-2018 09:24 AM

First impression - don't know why, but Markus sounds much more wonderfully German than I expected!

"Porcello's dealing." :laugh:

Very impressive. I may have to finally switch to Facegen from the real pics. Also love the graphs that show player development over time.

ecd1973 03-14-2018 10:04 AM

Video was great, can't wait for the 19th. Any chance we can get some animations added like the runner who gets thrown out at first walking back to the dugout? Just adds to the immersion a little.

The In-Game options / widgets turning on and off is a great change for someone like me who plays out all the games.

Déjà Bru 03-14-2018 10:05 AM

Very professional presentation.

Beatles Eternally 03-14-2018 10:06 AM

Brilliant walkthrough Markus! Enjoy your lunch and have an extra pint! OOTP19 has raised the bar once again and companies such as Stratomatic had better take notice.

Thank you to all at Out of the Park Developments for yet another brilliant edition of Out of the Park Baseball!!

Xogo 03-14-2018 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4291500)
Thanks Kris! :D

I hope folks are not too hard on me with my poor explanation and commentary skills, haha :)

Also, please keep in mind this was shot with a 2-week old beta build, since then we have tweaked many things (including making the Green Monster bigger) and adding new animations. Things are really shaping up at the moment, it'll be a great launch!

Enjoy the video :)

All good Markus. Looking forward to seeing you as the next Bond villain ;-).

texasmame 03-14-2018 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xogo (Post 4291531)
All good Markus. Looking forward to seeing you as the next Bond villain ;-).

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Bond. (laughs) I expect you to pre-order!"

Markus Heinsohn 03-14-2018 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beatles Eternally (Post 4291530)
Brilliant walkthrough Markus! Enjoy your lunch and have an extra pint! OOTP19 has raised the bar once again and companies such as Stratomatic had better take notice.

Thank you to all at Out of the Park Developments for yet another brilliant edition of Out of the Park Baseball!!

Strat-o-Matic? Well, to be honest, I am pretty sure we already outsell them by a huge margin :o

mkvitz89 03-14-2018 10:27 AM

I can't get over how much you guys have improved on an already fantastic game. Truly care about the customers. Other companies should really take notice great job guys.

MikeS21 03-14-2018 10:41 AM

Great job, Markus, and all the OOTP gang. :thumbup: Outstanding! If that was a two-week old Beta build, it is hard to imagine what kind of tweaks and improvements you folks will add before Release Day, and subsequent updates throughout the summer.

skunkle333 03-14-2018 10:47 AM

Super Wow! Just watched this and can't wait for Steam version so getting ready to order from OOTP today. Just looks stunning...

sprague 03-14-2018 10:58 AM

Looks good Marcus
Small cosmetic thing I noticed though

When the batter struck out, he swung and began running, and gave the impression that he had hit the ball and was running to first. It was a bit confusing. you might want a small pause so the batter stays right where he is to know that he swung and the ball went nowhere- then have him more than likely walk back to the dugout and not run- but in a way that no one thinks it could be a walk.
Small detail, but just something that i noticed

Cheers

Markus Heinsohn 03-14-2018 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sprague (Post 4291567)
Looks good Marcus
Small cosmetic thing I noticed though

When the batter struck out, he swung and began running, and gave the impression that he had hit the ball and was running to first. It was a bit confusing. you might want a small pause so the batter stays right where he is to know that he swung and the ball went nowhere- then have him more than likely walk back to the dugout and not run- but in a way that no one thinks it could be a walk.
Small detail, but just something that i noticed

Cheers

Yeah, stuff like this is being ironed out at the moment :)

The Game 03-14-2018 11:11 AM

Why does Altuve show GS for 2016 but not 2017. I know why it shows for 2018. Regardless, sooooooo freakin cool. Also nice to see the White Sox were 8-6 while the Red Sox were 6-7.

Markus Heinsohn 03-14-2018 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Game (Post 4291572)
Why does Altuve show GS for 2016 but not 2017. I know why it shows for 2018. Regardless, sooooooo freakin cool. Also nice to see the White Sox were 8-6 while the Red Sox were 6-7.

We have GS stats in our DB for some years and not for others...

IanIachimoe 03-14-2018 11:31 AM

looks amazing! I hope this brings you & the team a boatload of success & recognition.

Imperialism32 03-14-2018 11:32 AM

I bought 16 and 17, skipped 18... didn't use the 3D mode at all (not even sure if it existed in 16).

All I can is that I'm blown away and can't wait to get my copy. It looks spectacular!

BeanballComin 03-14-2018 11:59 AM

It would be very user friendly if, when in custom mode, one was able to save widget positions with a save feature.
I've asked for this in years past, but unless I missed it, I didn't see this available in the video. And it should be unlimited in how many custom views one can save.
Different ballparks with different graphics may require some widgets to be moved, or not even used. A one click solution would be nice.

jtnlange 03-14-2018 12:15 PM

I hope you never get tired of hearing it Markus but you clearly outdid yourselves this year. I have enjoyed OOTP since way back in the day and every year you do not disappoint. I do not buy many games but yours is always one that I like forward to and preorder as soon as I can. Cannot wait, this looks to be an amazing game.

A customer for life

Trevor L.