OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 20 - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3956)
-   -   Anyone Else Having Trouble with the OOTP Site? (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=304356)

OldFatGuy 06-19-2019 01:44 AM

Anyone Else Having Trouble with the OOTP Site?

It's been in and out all day for me and I've checked the website "Down for me or everyone?" and have gotten mixed results, sometimes it says it's down for everyone and sometimes it says it's not down.

Just wondering if anyone else is experiencing this or if maybe it's my friggin provider (Comcast).

BirdWatcher 06-19-2019 01:50 AM

Hasn't been completely down for me but it was acting pretty sluggish a few hours ago. So I'm not surprised to hear that it has been down for someone.

endgame 06-19-2019 02:08 AM

I was. It was unnerving. Felt like I wasn't breathing properly. :@@:

Sweed 06-19-2019 11:23 AM

I get it from time to time too. I wish they would find the cause and fix it permanently. It's not a big thing in the grand scheme but very frustrating when it happens.

Déjà Bru 06-19-2019 11:31 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I also wish they would fix that problem with double-spaced paragraph breaks.

Note the one in OFG's OP and I am leaving these here instead of doing my usual routine of hurriedly editing my posts to remove the extra spacing.

This is what it looked like, though, when I typed it; it used to post just as you see it here:

Ty Cobb 06-19-2019 02:23 PM

I think the slowdown is because of the battering the Auction House is taking since collections went online.

Westheim 06-19-2019 03:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ty Cobb (Post 4504467)
I think the slowdown is because of the battering the Auction House is taking since collections went online.

No, the problems have started a while ago, but it's true that it has been quite horrendous the last few days. For months now the forums will not respond for minutes sometimes. This morning I wanted to post something and eventually gave up. Page wouldn't load, ever.

mitchkenn 06-19-2019 06:52 PM

yesterday it was impossible to get on in the afternoon - Pacific time. something like 3 hours it was unavailable. Today, also afternoon, it was down for an hour or so. Seems this issue comes and goes at irregular but prolonged intervals. Sort of annoying, me thinks.

OldFatGuy 06-19-2019 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Déjà Bru (Post 4504384)
I also wish they would fix that problem with double-spaced paragraph breaks.

Note the one in OFG's OP and I am leaving these here instead of doing my usual routine of hurriedly editing my posts to remove the extra spacing.

This is what it looked like, though, when I typed it; it used to post just as you see it here:

Do you use Firefox? Because the same thing happens to me and I thought it was Firefox even though it only happens here. I post on other forums without the double spacing.

Also, sometimes when I edit a previous post, it will get rid of all returns and leave one big block of text. And it stays that way even if I go back in and add spaces.

Déjà Bru 06-19-2019 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OldFatGuy (Post 4504590)
Do you use Firefox? Because the same thing happens to me and I thought it was Firefox even though it only happens here. I post on other forums without the double spacing.

Also, sometimes when I edit a previous post, it will get rid of all returns and leave one big block of text. And it stays that way even if I go back in and add spaces.

Yes I do, and I will not give up Firefox for this blemish, if that's the issue. It would explain, though, why most guys here say they don't have the problem; Edgers, Operas, Safaris, ChromeDomes, and SeaMonkeys they are!

So here's to double-spacing, which I may get used to in order to save myself double-editing time and effort.

Hey what I say is important and should take up more space. It's my own version of virtual manspreading! :p

Eugene Church 06-19-2019 10:14 PM

We had a lot of problems about two months ago... I would get Error 504 Message from some server company that may or not be used by OOTPB.
Finally someone on the OOTP Development Team said he would tell the OOTP website coordinator, Andreus Raht... it got fixed at that time and worked properly for about a month... but I noticed it began to happen again in the last week or so... yesterday, I got the Error 504 message and could not access the Dynasty Forum, but I could access the Graphics Forum... a few minutes later I got on the Dynasty Forum and it hasn't been a problem since.

I do find that I often see slow processing on the forum... it never used to happen... and I'm talking about 17 years.

I often get the message "Waiting for OOTP to Respond"... this goes on for 15 to 20 seconds.

The problem is with the OOTP Forum website... I can access any other website without any problems whatsoever.

You would think Markus would have someone monitoring these forums and report it when we are not able to access the Forums.

You would think the Forum Moderators would get involved.

Eugene Church 06-19-2019 10:18 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I just lost the Forum.

Here is what the message looked like.

Eugene Church 06-19-2019 10:19 PM

Now it is working... but for how long?

Please Mr. Moderator, report this to the OOTP Development Team.

Eugene Church 06-20-2019 08:55 PM

The Forum is acting up again.

I tried to access the website at 6:44 pm (central USA)… tried for 4-5 minutes... gave up trying.

Then tried it again at 6:52 pm and it worked.

Got the Error 504 warning message.

OOTP is the only website that doesn't work... I can access anything else I want, but not my favorite, OOTP.

Eugene Church 06-20-2019 09:24 PM

Lost the website at 7:15 pm.

Got it back at 7:23 pm.

Still get the Error 504 message.

Eugene Church 06-20-2019 11:04 PM

Anybody else having any access problems?

BirdWatcher 06-20-2019 11:08 PM

I did experience some intermittent issues earlier.

Eugene Church 06-21-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BirdWatcher (Post 4505160)
I did experience some intermittent issues earlier.

Thank you, at least I know it's not my computer.

PocketsAintFull 06-21-2019 01:31 PM

A couple times after pressing ‘log in’, I get a lost connection page in my browser, then refresh and still have to log in.

Sweed 06-30-2019 11:30 AM

And it rears it's ugly head again :mad: Spent time writing a reply to a thread and hit preview before submitting, can't get through. After trying several times walk away for 10 minutes. Come back, hit preview and it works. I can look over the message before posting, it looks ok so I submit it, guess what?
Yeah, can't get through. About 5 minutes later I get it submitted but ends up being a double post due to this issue.

This is very frustrating and needs to be fixed.