OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Logos, Graphics, and HTML (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3636)
-   -   Questdog's Antique Skin for OOTP16 (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=253048)

Questdog 03-29-2015 09:49 PM

Questdog's Antique Skin for OOTP16

5 Attachment(s)
I have uploaded a file to ooptmods.com that is a re-skin of OOTP's Classic skin.

Download and install it via Add-Ons Central or unzip the archive into the the Programs (x86) data folder (or wherever you installed the game). NOT the Documents data folder.

If you want to switch to another skin and reset the default fonts after installing this mod, download and install the mod "OOTP16 Default Fonts", although my fonts look pretty good in the other skins, too.

The skin is optimized for 1080p, but these screenshots at 1440x900 show that it looks decent at the default resolution.

A special thanks to justafan, who helped with the Awards Icons and created the Achievement logos and icons.

ThatSeventiesGuy 03-30-2015 03:42 AM

I tried to install this, but now the game crashes on startup every time. I must have extracted it to the wrong place, or something.

Edit: Deleted it, went back and installed classic skin. Works fine now. Not sure what the heck I did wrong.

jazzrack 03-30-2015 04:13 AM

it's on OOTPmods.com | Others

and it has a

OOTP Community Wiki | Questdog's Antique Skin for OOTP16

my eyes are getting blurry & I don't want to mess with the add-ons central in this state so I'll hit that after some shut-eye

DB930 03-30-2015 04:47 AM

That looks amazing!! :ohmy: :thumbup:

I don't play pre-1900 very often, tho, so I don't know when I'll get a chance to use it. Any plans for a version with different backgrounds that'd be more appropriate for, say, 1900-1950?

Thundercrack 03-30-2015 08:55 AM

fantastic looking skin. more please

Simmo13 03-30-2015 09:29 AM

That looks great Questdog! I might have to start a 19th C league just in order to use it!

pstrickert 03-30-2015 09:36 AM

Questdog, is the classic skin folder name missing a space? "ootp 16 classic"

Rayzor 03-30-2015 10:52 AM

It makes a great desktop wallpaper........:thumbup1:

Questdog 03-30-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 3842050)
Questdog, is the classic skin folder name missing a space? "ootp 16 classic"

Yes.....

I'll send a new file.....Anyone that cannot wait, can PM me an email address and I'll send you a copy.

Questdog 03-30-2015 01:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DB930 (Post 3841942)
That looks amazing!! :ohmy: :thumbup:

I don't play pre-1900 very often, tho, so I don't know when I'll get a chance to use it. Any plans for a version with different backgrounds that'd be more appropriate for, say, 1900-1950?

I am not a modder. I make this stuff for myself and if I think someone else can use it, I release it. Right now my league is in 1883. When this skin is no longer appropriate for my league, I will make a new one. But that will probably not be before OOTP18 comes out....

However, once I am satisfied that I have the final version of this skin done to my liking, I will release the loose files so people can mod it for themselves.

Edit: And, anyways, this skin would be more appropriate for 1950 than any of the default skins......

OakDragon 03-30-2015 01:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
A tip for Mac users and a question:

Mac users will need to install these inside their OOTP app. Right-click on the OOTP app and choose "Show Package Contents...". The app will open up like a folder. Inside there you will see a Contents folder. Inside that will be a data folder containing, among other things, the fonts and skins folders where you need to install Questdog's files.

That being said, I had a minor problem. I installed the fonts and the skin files, the fonts replacing the old ones and the skin files as a new skin. When I choose another skin, (including the original classic skin, which I renamed and kept), everything looks nice. When I switch to the new skin, however, the fonts change, as if they were outlined fonts. Any ideas what happened and how I can fix it?

OakDragon 03-30-2015 01:37 PM

Ah, I just noticed your edit about the "booboo", Questdog. Is that what's causing this issue?

Questdog 03-30-2015 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OakDragon (Post 3842274)
That being said, I had a minor problem. I installed the fonts and the skin files, the fonts replacing the old ones and the skin files as a new skin. When I choose another skin, (including the original classic skin, which I renamed and kept), everything looks nice. When I switch to the new skin, however, the fonts change, as if they were outlined fonts. Any ideas what happened and how I can fix it?

It should not be a new skin, but should overwrite the Classic Skin. I made a typo in the folder that causes this. PM me an email address and I will send you a new copy or just copy the skin.bin file over the Classic skin.bin file.

I tried to make this a completely new skin, but OOTP is not setup to handle a 4th skin without editing of non-skin files......

OakDragon 03-30-2015 01:54 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I tried the copy you sent me, but I'm still having the problem with the outline fonts. :( (And I replaced the old classic skin with it this time.)

edit: In fact, when I quit and restart OOTP, the text with the outline font disappears completely. Strangely, the fonts work fine with the other skins.

Questdog 03-30-2015 01:56 PM

One other thing about this skin:

In previous versions of OOTP, I have made myself new skins and I had to do a LOT of editing to a LOT of those derned .cs files.....

In OOTP16, I have not edited one thing in the Classic Skin other than replacing .png files and the fonts. So making something like I have done for yourself is really pretty easy this year, if you are comfortable using GIMP or Photoshop.

Questdog 03-30-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OakDragon (Post 3842306)
I tried the copy you sent me, but I'm still having the problem with the outline fonts. :(

edit: In fact, when I quit and restart OOTP, the text with the outline font disappears completely. Strangely, the fonts work fine with the other skins.

Dunno nothun' 'bout Macs....

The fonts are working in the other skins but not mine?

OakDragon 03-30-2015 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Questdog (Post 3842314)
Dunno nothun' 'bout Macs....

The fonts are working in the other skins but not mine?

Yes.

OakDragon 03-30-2015 02:05 PM

I figured it out. Inside the folders for the other skins, there was a "defaults.cfg" file that your skin did not come with. I copied one from one of the other skins into your skin's folder and now it works. :)

Questdog 03-30-2015 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OakDragon (Post 3842326)
I figured it out. Inside the folders for the other skins, there was a "defaults.cfg" file that your skin did not come with. I copied one from one of the other skins into your skin's folder and now it works. :)

There should have been one in the Classic Skin folder already....

Edit: Repeating, this will not work if you install it as a totally new skin. It will look fine until you change to another skin and then change back.....

OakDragon 03-30-2015 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Questdog (Post 3842343)
There should have been one in the Classic Skin folder already....

Edit: Repeating, this will not work if you install it as a totally new skin. It will look fine until you change to another skin and then change back.....

True, however I copied the whole skin folder over, not just the skin.bin file.