OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   NHL and NBA Formats - Request, Please and Thanks! (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=244351)

jaysdailydose 05-15-2014 01:26 PM

NHL and NBA Formats - Request, Please and Thanks!

Hello everyone... I don't normally frequent this forum, but I have a couple of schedule requests if anyone can help me.

If anyone is willing to help me, the leagues that I need these schedules for WILL be released to the community as quickstarts. I know I don't frequent this forum, but I have a thread in the QuickStarts forum where I put together quickstart leagues for the entire community!

Anyway, I'm looking for an NHL schedule, and also an NBA schedule. The NHL schedule would take preference, but I just need the following:

I need an 82 game interleague, but unbalanced towards divisional opponents, schedule. I don't care about the schedule starting at the same time of the NHL, I just cannot use the fictional schedule because having 6-7 games a week is not close to the way I am trying to run the league.

I have never really done any schedule edits in this game, so while I'm very, very good at putting leagues together, I am completely clueless here.

I'll be subscribing to this thread in the hopes that someone can help me, or you could message me privately. I use Tapatalk and my CPU so I should be notified nearly immediately of your request.

I'm willing to do work in return as far as putting together a quickstart league or something similar, and it would be much appreciated.

Thank you all so much for reading!

NYY #23 05-15-2014 11:39 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Ok, first I know very little about hockey, or hockey schedules, but I put the attached together based on the 2011-2012 NHL season because I found a version in excel that was easy to modify, but hopefully this will meet your needs. Because of the Olympics I wasn't sure if you wanted a two week gap in the schedule.

Here are the settings that I used:
<SCHEDULE type="ILY_BGN_G82_SL1_D1_T8_D2_T8_SL2_D1_T7_D2_T7_ C_" inter_league="1" balanced_games="0" games_per_team="82" start_month="4"

start_day="6" start_day_of_week="5" >

This starts in April, but if you wanted to start in October just change the schedule to match this:

<SCHEDULE type="ILY_BGN_G82_SL1_D1_T8_D2_T8_SL2_D1_T7_D2_T7_ C_" inter_league="1" balanced_games="0" games_per_team="82" start_month="10"

And make sure your settings in the game match this:

Attachment 341791

I created a test league, checked the totals, home, away, and spot checked a few teams actual schedules, and it appears to be working, but let me know if you have any problems, or would like any changes.

bwburke94 05-16-2014 05:27 PM

I don't think 2011-12 would be good, because team 16 is an Eastern team playing a Western schedule...

jaysdailydose 05-16-2014 10:55 PM

Yeah, if I get you a copy of the season that just passed, would you be willing to make the changes NYY? They did the whole re-alignment thing, and if I do this quickstart I want to be thorough. :)

Thanks bud! Awesome either way!

NYY #23 05-16-2014 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bwburke94 (Post 3697673)
I don't think 2011-12 would be good, because team 16 is an Eastern team playing a Western schedule...

Thanks, that helps. That goes to show my hockey knowledge. :o

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysdailydose (Post 3697802)
Yeah, if I get you a copy of the season that just passed, would you be willing to make the changes NYY? They did the whole re-alignment thing, and if I do this quickstart I want to be thorough. :)

Thanks bud! Awesome either way!

No problem, I've got the structure set up so it should be easy to paste it in and produce one pretty quickly. I can clean it up a little and upload the spreadsheet in dropbox if anybody is interested too.

jaysdailydose 05-16-2014 11:23 PM

Awesome. Since you took this time out of your schedule, once I'm finished with the simming I'm doing, I'll put together the rest of the NHL quickstart tonight and get it up for everyone. :)

I think I might just play this one myself. It'd be quite interesting. :)

NYY #23 05-17-2014 12:20 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysdailydose (Post 3697817)
Awesome. Since you took this time out of your schedule, once I'm finished with the simming I'm doing, I'll put together the rest of the NHL quickstart tonight and get it up for everyone. :)

I think I might just play this one myself. It'd be quite interesting. :)

Excellent, I may have to give it a whirl myself. :)

Try this one, and let me know if this works as expected. I should have noted that the teams need to be in order for it to work. Eastern Conference-Atlantic first, and teams in alpha order by city. I spot checked totals and the Bruins, and they looked good.

I'll upload the excel to dropbox shortly with some brief instructions in case anybody wants to run another year's schedule with it.

jaysdailydose 05-17-2014 01:09 AM

I just plugged them in to my setup and everything looks perfect for the first season!

I mean if you wanted to do the rotation of which teams get played 5 times (I have to look up how the rotation works exactly) to where you had the rotations for another season, you'd have a perfect NHL setup. Everything checked out perfect on evaluation!

Thanks again, so much! Even if I only had the one season, it would accomplish what I want and that's the main thing! :)

NYY #23 05-17-2014 01:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaysdailydose (Post 3697833)
I just plugged them in to my setup and everything looks perfect for the first season!

I mean if you wanted to do the rotation of which teams get played 5 times (I have to look up how the rotation works exactly) to where you had the rotations for another season, you'd have a perfect NHL setup. Everything checked out perfect on evaluation!

Thanks again, so much! Even if I only had the one season, it would accomplish what I want and that's the main thing! :)

I might be able to do that if you can get me the info on how the rotation works. I'll have to see if that's over my head or not. :)

I've attached the current year's NBA schedule, set-up a quick league and did some spot checking, and I had to make a change to get it to check out. I needed to change the order of the Clippers and Lakers or they were playing the opposite teams schedules. The version I attached worked after I modified though.

I uploaded the spreadsheet that I've been using to dropbox here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yn7ml7t9g0...e%20Maker.xlsx

For the NHL schedules, there are two tabs (schedule and lookup). Basically you paste in the Date, Visiting Team, Home Team, and time. I've got lookups for Date (since they used a weird format), team, and times. Basically column I needs to be posted into the <GAMES> section of the XML.

Same concept for the NBA - two tabs, paste in the info, and column I is where the <GAMES> are.

Not sure if that makes sense or not, but I figured I'd share in case it was useful to anyone.

jaysdailydose 05-17-2014 01:22 PM

I will get you that information ASAP!

The only other thing I am l looking for (I am about to google it after this post) is the AHL uniforms, since they are the only "minor" league that has an affiliate for every NHL franchise.

In the quickstart I will probably replicate the ECHL as well as an independent league that the NHL can buy players from. 25 NHL teams have affiliates there, but not all... I think I will just add it as an independent league a rung below the AHL and have the players available for purchase by the NHL.

Anyone that is interested in this have thoughts on that?

Thanks again for the hard work and taking the time out of your busy schedule, NYY. If you ever need me to build you any quickstarts to save you some time, just let me know. :)

mgom27 05-18-2014 12:19 PM

My thoughts are all USA Leagues in it. The NHL add a Midwest,Centraleast and Canada Divisions.

jaysdailydose 05-18-2014 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mgom27 (Post 3698355)
My thoughts are all USA Leagues in it. The NHL add a Midwest,Centraleast and Canada Divisions.

Well I definitely wouldn't do this for the quickstart... I am structuring that like the real NHL.