OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3944)
-   -   Making Player Card Requests (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=295501)

joehart 11-17-2018 09:55 PM

Making Player Card Requests

Is there a way to request new cards for specific players for certain years?

I don't know the Dev team that well and the person owning this feature.

Example, I would like to see some players cards for players that were not All-Stars but had much better years than their current 2018 Live card.

Example: 2016 Kyle Seager, Fernando Rodney as a Mariner, ...

Since there is no in-game feature to request cards for certain years and players, can the "Send usage data" feature be utilized to request player cards for several players at once? Maybe as an interim short term solution for fans to request multiple player cards in an automated fashion.

Markus Heinsohn 11-18-2018 04:59 AM

For OOTP 20 we'll have a new category, "Community Selections" where we add new cards throughout the season, based on requests from our community :)

Josquin 11-20-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Markus Heinsohn (Post 4392865)
For OOTP 20 we'll have a new category, "Community Selections" where we add new cards throughout the season, based on requests from our community :)

Mario Mendoza.

genuvar 11-20-2018 11:40 PM

I need Gabby Hartnett .. I guess he could already be in the game but I havnt seen him yet.

genuvar 11-20-2018 11:55 PM

Ray Schalk or Wally Schang would be great too while I'm thinking about it. --- I need a good catcher from 100 or so years ago :)

joehart 11-21-2018 01:05 AM

It seems I was wrong when I initiated this discussion.

I assumed the problem was related to not having a convenient way to request new cards and get them to the right developer but the issues seems to be more about where to place the cards once requested since they don't fit the existing categories.

I hope in OOTP20, we get both (new category as mentioned by Markus) and a way to make multiple requests without having to utilize the forum.

Lukas Berger 11-21-2018 05:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joehart (Post 4394404)
It seems I was wrong when I initiated this discussion.

I assumed the problem was related to not having a convenient way to request new cards and get them to the right developer but the issues seems to be more about where to place the cards once requested since they don't fit the existing categories.

I hope in OOTP20, we get both (new category as mentioned by Markus) and a way to make multiple requests without having to utilize the forum.

Markus and I pick the categories between us with some input from the team and I pick the individual players with some input from Markus.

We'll make some new categories for OOTP20 as well. Each year we'll include different categories and players.

In general, the forum is probably always going to be the best place to request a specific card though. Maybe we'll even make a thread for that eventually.

But for next year, I'd guess the requests will mostly come through the Community Select category and whatever mechanism we set up to have you guys make submissions for that.

Just because it's requested though, obviously doesn't mean we can/will add it, as we'll try to limit the amount of cards each year to something reasonable enough that in theory people could collect a complete set if they wanted (so probably <3000). That, plus the specific categories we select for a year will limit who we can and can't add in a given year.

zrog2000 11-21-2018 10:52 AM

Can there be a Historically Awful category created for Chris Davis? Kappa

Josquin 11-21-2018 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by zrog2000 (Post 4394531)
Can there be a Historically Awful category created for Chris Davis? Kappa

And a Juiced category, for players from the steroid era.

Germaniac 11-24-2018 11:18 AM

Or Eddie Gaedel :lol:

kq76 07-26-2019 09:20 AM

Vince Coleman 1990 or 87 or 85 all as a Cardinal

<strike>Devon White 1991-1993 all as a Bluejay</strike>

Chuck Knoblauch 1996 as a Twin

Max Carey 1916-17, 22-23 all as a Pirate

Jacoby Ellsbury 2011 as a Red Sox

Tony Phillips 1991-93 as a Tiger

Brady Anderson 1996 as an Oriole

Billy Hamilton 1894 as a Phillie

I'm thinking there should be a leadoff hitters collection mission (if there's not already) and they'd all be included. A lot of the lesser best historical leadoff hitters are already in the game, but these should be in there too, especially Coleman.

If I could get only 2, it'd be the first 2.

kq76 09-23-2019 12:58 PM

Is Lou Whitaker in the game? He was pretty easily the best 2B in the 80s. I've searched for him a number of times, but he never shows up.