OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   FHM - General Discussions (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3843)
-   -   Version 1.7 36 now available (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=258883)

Cole 09-28-2015 08:16 AM

Version 1.7 36 now available

Download links:

PC: https://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.co...m2014setup.exe

Mac: https://cdnfiles.ootpdevelopments.co...rInstaller.dmg

Please install this on top of current FHM2014 installation, no need to unlicense.

This introduces the new game engine into FHM 2014.

Just an FYI, the following is just a preview of how the game engine will operate in Franchise Hockey Manager 2. However, getting this to function in FHM 2014 is a bit like trying to get the engine of a big truck to work in a small compact car. It might work and still drive you forward, but it’s not optimal and not what it was designed for.

The core of this is the FHM 2 game engine, but due to limitations of FHM 2014 and the underlying database, the performance isn’t quite the same.

That being said, it’s still a drastic improvement over what was in FHM 2014 previously and helps us honor our commitment while also giving FHM 2014 players a much better game and a sneak peak at a small part of what’s new in FHM 2.

A few things to note:

- In FHM 2 there is a lot more depth, including the ability to customize and save tactics and set up an overall gameplan combining multiple tactical templates to be used in different situations.

- The fighting and penalty system in the new engine required substantial reworking of the database and ratings development system, and the old data will not produce optimal results with it. For example, some leagues will have very high fight totals, others will have very low ones (the NHL being on the low side). On the flipside, we do get accurate fight totals in FHM 2.

- There have also been several other updates made to the game engine since it was ported back to FHM 2014. If you notice an issue, please feel free to let us know, but it may have already been addressed in FHM 2.

After installation, the game should display "Version 1.7.36" at the bottom of the startup screen; if it shows a different build number, you'll need to re-download and reinstall (and before doing so, make sure the update file you downloaded has been deleted and your browser cache cleared.)

Note that if you decide to uninstall and reinstall, you should first release one of your licenses via Preferences-License on the start screen.

Tangerino 09-28-2015 10:33 AM

will this update be on steam? thank you aswell! stoked to try this out

Cole 09-28-2015 11:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangerino (Post 3928960)
will this update be on steam? thank you aswell! stoked to try this out

It will be at some point, yes.

Orioles1966 09-28-2015 12:19 PM

On the game screen-how do you start the game? Things have changed since the last time I played.

Update:

I see that the tab is at the bottom of the screen and I can't play full screen because I'm playing OOTP also.
Tab is located in a bad spot.

I hit esc on my computer keyboard and the game remains in full screen.

Tangerino 09-28-2015 01:21 PM

I am locked out of my email I used for the esellerate, is there anyway else to get my license? or do I just wait for the steam update?

JeffR 09-28-2015 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangerino (Post 3929142)
I am locked out of my email I used for the esellerate, is there anyway else to get my license? or do I just wait for the steam update?

Unless you still have a copy of the original email somewhere, probably easiest to wait for the Steam update - all of eSellerate's recovery options depend on access to the original email, or at least the account it was received on. Steam version probably won't be up until tomorrow - Andreas, who has to do the Steam update, needs to do it from a particular laptop, and he won't be able to get to it until then.

RFroese 09-28-2015 03:46 PM

Thank you for delivering on this.

I will not be buying FHM2.

Markus Heinsohn 09-28-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RFroese (Post 3929384)
Thank you for delivering on this.

I will not be buying FHM2.

You're missing out on a great game. ;)

Monette 09-29-2015 09:31 AM

I did the update via Steam and when I want to start a new game , it wite '"invalid database version"
I did all the updates....

Bugsquasher 09-29-2015 11:19 AM

I have the same problem as monette. With all updates the game is actually unplayable saying invalid database version in New Game and historical and fictional are also unstartable...Hopefully this gets fixed soon it's worrysome. EDIT: It's fixed by re-downloading and re-installing the game.

hluraven 09-29-2015 01:31 PM

Every time I click on Box Score from within a game, FHM crashes instantly. Not sure if this happens to anyone else, this is a fresh install as I was hoping to use the game engine as a demo for the next one so re-installed today.

Tangerino 09-29-2015 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hluraven (Post 3930378)
Every time I click on Box Score from within a game, FHM crashes instantly. Not sure if this happens to anyone else, this is a fresh install as I was hoping to use the game engine as a demo for the next one so re-installed today.

it does also happen for me

jahad 10-09-2015 09:36 PM

Steam update issues

Updated to 1.7 Build 36 by simply just logging into Steam.

Now I have a product that no longer functions.

Cannot load the previous game .. kinda ticked me off. Tried to create a new Game and it starts to copy files and poof Error ! Invalid Database Version!

So, what can I provide you, the developers, to correct these issues. Both issues.

Windows 7 64bit, AMD Processor, 16GB,

boss1968 10-13-2015 12:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tangerino (Post 3930565)
it does also happen for me

Almost everything I click on makes the game crash. Nice final patch. I went from having a game that I hated to play, to one now that I can't even play. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Cole 10-13-2015 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jahad (Post 3936867)
Updated to 1.7 Build 36 by simply just logging into Steam.

Now I have a product that no longer functions.

Cannot load the previous game .. kinda ticked me off. Tried to create a new Game and it starts to copy files and poof Error ! Invalid Database Version!

So, what can I provide you, the developers, to correct these issues. Both issues.

Windows 7 64bit, AMD Processor, 16GB,

A user above had mentioned the invalid database version issue can be fixed by re-downloading and re-installing the game.

sprague 10-14-2015 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boss1968 (Post 3938244)
Almost everything I click on makes the game crash. Nice final patch. I went from having a game that I hated to play, to one now that I can't even play. :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Sorry guys, I pretty much have to agree with this.

The few limited tests I have been doing with this game lead to crashes very often. It was a nice idea to try and put this out and let us test the new match engine and see if it was a positive improvement, but it is hard to play into any season, at times only a few days before something crashes, makes it impossible to really use the game as a test of anything.

KJDelaney 10-16-2015 06:12 PM

FHM 2 plays very well. I am happy with the purchase.

stevwatt12 11-18-2015 11:50 AM

so I cant even play a 13/14 game anymore because it starts off in the 14/15 season? I like the updates to abilities and the sim but I wanted to still be able to start in the 13/14 season.

dave1927p 11-19-2015 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevwatt12 (Post 3953031)
so I cant even play a 13/14 game anymore because it starts off in the 14/15 season? I like the updates to abilities and the sim but I wanted to still be able to start in the 13/14 season.

You can play 2013/2014 in historical.

stevwatt12 11-20-2015 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dave1927p (Post 3953788)
You can play 2013/2014 in historical.

Yes but then everything is not correct to the 13/14 season (contracts, staff, abilities, schedule). I tried installing the previous patch update(1.6.19) over the current one (1.7.36) and it still stayed at 1.7.36. should I reinstall the game and download the patch if I want to get back to 1.6.19 version?