OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   Perfect Team (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3957)
-   -   PT Season 24 - Jack Bauer time! (2042) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=306384)

JasonC23 09-02-2019 07:29 PM

In S270...

...my Suburban Sox are off to a nice start, but that's not why I'm posting. Rather, it's because the Sox have the Appleton Beer Drinkers AND the Stallis Beer in their division, which has already lead to the following game recap titles in just the first week of the season:

Thomas Sizzles--Smokes Beer Drinkers for 5 Hits
Beer Drinkers Beat Sox in 11
Sox Solve Beer Drinkers, 5-2
Sox Edge Beer Drinkers, 9-8
Beer Edge Past Sox, 5-4
Sox Top Beer Behind Buehrle, 6-0

Yep, this is definitely going to be a fun season!

Izz 09-02-2019 08:30 PM

P419 here. Away from PC at the moment but when i checked earlier in the day we were 5-4. A quick squiz of our division indicates it's fairly weak, which is great news.

I'm one card away from completing the Phillies Live mission, & then I think I'll go back to packs only for a bit

waittilnextyear 09-02-2019 10:18 PM

After winning 110+ games in each of the previous 2 seasons, the Frogs have been struggling in P418 so far. The team is 6-12 and has already suffered thru a 10-game losing streak. Some tough competition (swept at the hands of two multi-PL-champ teams) and the team isn't playing well. The starting pitching is about 3 standard deviations outside of where I'd expect with 100 Seaver having an ERA over 7, 100 Mathewson at 6.95, 96 Clemens over 8, 96 Greinke at 6.57, and the worst of the bunch 94 Sabathia at...3.92. Go figure. On the positive side of things, I think I have the best team on paper in my division...

It looks like a combined 25 PL titles in P418, with the Brooklyn Cyclones (6), Washington LyinCheatin Senators (5), LA Rams (4), and Louisville Colonels (3) being the most decorated teams. Thankfully, none of those squads are in my division although been playing them a disproportionate amount early on.

Hopefully the Frogs can get their act together!

Solafide 09-02-2019 10:53 PM

This is my first ever PT league...heck, I just bought the game last week or so. I'm in Iron .203

One Great Matrix 09-02-2019 11:14 PM

Beat the cheaters! The Cyclones can only be stopped with an incredible leap. And oh yeah 6-12 doesn't mean anymore than if it was last season and your were 60-21 and fell to 66-33...depending on how you react to it of course. I told you how I had a tough time with the 2040 playoffs.

Izz 09-03-2019 12:36 AM

Completed the Phillies Live collection. Bring on Dykstra, you mad human, you!

Though, in what might qualify as irony: Ranger Suarez was the last card I needed to complete the set. In the standard pack I also got from completing the mission what was the first card I pulled: Ranger Suarez :D

Now to decide how to squeeze Dysktra into my 25-man...

waittilnextyear 09-03-2019 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Great Matrix (Post 4532979)
Beat the cheaters! The Cyclones can only be stopped with an incredible leap. And oh yeah 6-12 doesn't mean anymore than if it was last season and your were 60-21 and fell to 66-33...depending on how you react to it of course. I told you how I had a tough time with the 2040 playoffs.

But, I choose to react poorly! Arrrrggghhhhh!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Izz (Post 4533001)
Completed the Phillies Live collection. Bring on Dykstra, you mad human, you!

Though, in what might qualify as irony: Ranger Suarez was the last card I needed to complete the set. In the standard pack I also got from completing the mission what was the first card I pulled: Ranger Suarez :D

Now to decide how to squeeze Dysktra into my 25-man...

Nice. Dykstra is on my team, but he hasn't been as good for me as for some others. Hopefully you got good Lenny from that mission.

pappyzan 09-03-2019 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Great Matrix (Post 4532979)
Beat the cheaters! The Cyclones can only be stopped with an incredible leap.

Cyclones sitting on a 20 game winning streak, record is 23-1.

dbqs 09-03-2019 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westheim (Post 4532775)
I'm so good at this game.

Eyy, looks like the Chicago Machine are in the same league as the Raccoons this "year". Here's to paying $200 to be mediocre.

waittilnextyear 09-03-2019 02:24 AM

Well, starting the year 6-12 is always better when you then reel off a 7-game winning streak to end day 1 of sims with a winning record. Glad that my [make believe] fire and brimstone pep talk worked.

Marleigh 09-03-2019 02:50 AM

Bad News Bulldogs started life in Perfect 11-16 which was better than expected, we got steamrolled by a whale. The bullpen still sucks, two of the starters got knocked around a lot. And we are in last place. the Collingwood Magpies are currently 22-4 and look the class of the league

Neuman Furshlugginers have raced to a 17-9 start, leading their division by 4 1/2 games. Leon Day and Willie Foster both threw a Maddux, but while the pitching has improved from what it was in previous seasons its the offence that is really doing the job. Mule Suttles at DH is hitting .350, but the whole of the middle of the order is hitting extremely well, and the defence is playing surprisingly well despite SS, LF and 1B all training at new positions

Paragon City Heroes are 15-10 despite the bullpen not pitching well, and 2 of the starters, Catfish and Soroka, having 6+ era) and the heart of the order, Madlock and Lonnie Smith are both hitting under .200, only 3 of the starting lineup have a OPS+ above 100. It has to improve...

One Great Matrix 09-03-2019 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4533025)
Well, starting the year 6-12 is always better when you then reel off a 7-game winning streak to end day 1 of sims with a winning record. Glad that my [make believe] fire and brimstone pep talk worked.

Ha

old timer 09-03-2019 09:37 AM

The Raccoons are really liking this whale-free league. Well, the Bludhaven team is nearly a whale and Jonestown is not far behind, but we don't have to play them unless we meet them in the WS. So we're off to a 22-4 start and our RDiff pace is +405. In our 2 years in those whale heavy leagues, we only managed to finish 16-11 in a month twice with an RDiff of -17 in our 1st year and +137 in our 2nd year. Our SP's ERA is 2.82 after having a 4.05 ERA the year before (and a nearly 5 ERA the year before that).

In other words, playing in leagues without too many strong teams can make it look like you have a really great team. It can also make it hard to see where your weaknesses are.

gemini615 09-03-2019 09:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
With one month completed of our first season in perfect, it's good to know we're not the worst.
Baby steps.

scott1964 09-03-2019 10:21 AM

I have a .500 record in my Gold League. :ohmy:
https://i.postimg.cc/MTbR6BSK/gold364a.jpg

scott1964 09-03-2019 10:30 AM

In Bronze I'm up on top once more. :laugh:
https://i.postimg.cc/Hn1rykTv/bronze246a.jpg

Orcin 09-03-2019 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by waittilnextyear (Post 4533025)

It is looking like we will be fighting for a wild card berth as we have let the division leaders get pretty far ahead already. My team has been unlucky with BABIP so far and I have some key players in big slumps. I have to force myself to stay the course and not panic because it is still really early..

BigRed75 09-03-2019 12:41 PM

To celebrate their promotion to Bronze the Aquasox switched from the late 1980s era Mariners uniform (think Griffey on the '89 Upper Deck No. 1 card) to the mid 1980s era unis.

It's working, because the Froggies are 18-11, one game up.

Still no J.J. Putz, though.

Over on the South Side, the good news is that one of the two cards I need to complete the final mission is up on the AH. The bad news is that it's comically overprice (more than 2x seven-day average). The worse news is that we're 10-19 and 1/2 game out of the relegation zone.

The Lumber Kings generated 2,000 points yesterday. We're leading the league in homers (natch) and our pitches actually isn't that bad. 18-14 record, good enough for 3rd but two games back. Kirk Gibson is in a slump. Tough to have a 30-30 season when you can neither hit the ball to get home runs nor get on base in order to steal.

Everyone else is just plodding along.

pappyzan 09-03-2019 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4533100)
It is looking like we will be fighting for a wild card berth as we have let the division leaders get pretty far ahead already. My team has been unlucky with BABIP so far and I have some key players in big slumps. I have to force myself to stay the course and not panic because it is still really early..

Both of your teams have had incredibly bad luck the first month in, BABIP is killing you both up to this point. Both teams will be battling for division leads soon enough, no way y'all's (this is a word? really???) def eff can stay where it is.

In other news, the Cyclones are riding a 27 game win streak, record is now 30-1. Filthy stats: 2.16 allowed runs per game, bullpen ERA 0.81, opponents avg .208, HR allowed 9.

For the Senators, Ichiro is leading the team with 4 HRs, on pace for 20+!

Orcin 09-03-2019 02:42 PM

I really don't understand how a team goes 32-1 to open the season. Isn't there some bad luck along the way?