OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP 15 - Historical Simulations (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3882)
-   -   1977 Issue (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=249577)

USF 12-25-2014 10:22 AM

1977 Issue

Hi guys;
I tried to setup a historical league for 1977. After a few games in I noticed that at least one player in each teams boxscore had their cumulative stats shown and not their actual game stats shown.

For example Gary Woods of the Blue Jays would have 11 ABs in a game when it was really his 3rd game playing and he only had 3 AB in that game. Thus at the bottom of the boxscore it would indicate records were being made when really they were not? ie., 11 ABs in a single game...

Is there a way to reset the league from day 1 without losing all the work or is saving the template and restarting the best way to do this?

Why is this happening? Is it common??

Jason

khucke 12-27-2014 08:38 AM

It is certainly not a common error. Such a fundamental bug would have made waves on these boards. I am at a loss for a cause. I'm guessing here: Were there irregularities when importing the historical data? Did you edit a lot of league settings, entering improbable values, perhaps? You should absolutely post it in the Support Thread, prefereably with a screenshot.

USF 12-30-2014 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by khucke (Post 3789662)
It is certainly not a common error. Such a fundamental bug would have made waves on these boards. I am at a loss for a cause. I'm guessing here: Were there irregularities when importing the historical data? Did you edit a lot of league settings, entering improbable values, perhaps? You should absolutely post it in the Support Thread, prefereably with a screenshot.

Actually i just deleted the league as I could not figure out how to restart it from day 1. I did not take any screen shots. I also did play around with the settings for some time before starting. Nothing was done out of the ordinary though. It just kinda ruined my passion to continue. I have since started a 2014 replay and so far not a single problem.
Thank you for the reply.
Jason

pstrickert 12-31-2014 12:12 AM

This problem occurs when you use as-played lineups AND impose roster size limits. When using as-played lineups, you must leave roster size at the default (i.e., Unlimited). Otherwise, from what I can tell, something goes wrong with the box score stats of certain players who find themselves relegated at times to the reserve roster.

USF 12-31-2014 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pstrickert (Post 3790801)
This problem occurs when you use as-played lineups AND impose roster size limits. When using as-played lineups, you must leave roster size at the default (i.e., Unlimited). Otherwise, from what I can tell, something goes wrong with the box score stats of certain players who find themselves relegated at times to the reserve roster.

Interesting! I can't honestly remember if I did that but, I might have :D