OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Rosters, Photos, and Quick-Starts (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3638)
-   -   1st August 2018 QuickStart (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=291581)

philthepat 07-31-2018 09:55 PM

1st August 2018 QuickStart

This quickstart allows you to play from the 1st August 2018 following the trade deadline. Updates include the following:
* Updated trades, completed on the specific day they happened
* Updated waiver claims, signings, releases etc - again, all on the date they happened in real life
* Updated current injuries
* Some players updated to reflect the current season (Jesus Aguilar for example)
* A large number of the draft picks are on their correct teams
* Player histories updated to reflect transactions

The QS doesn't have real life standings or stats, however these are pretty close to how things stand. Also something I noticed after I'd uploaded this, after it ticked over to 1st August, the AI decided to release a few players to adjust the rosters to it's own liking. So there are a small handful of guys who are free agents who shouldn't be (Sabathia, Buchholz, CarGo). Will probably fix this, but it's quite a simple thing to sort by yourself too.

The game options are as I would set them to play, so make sure to check them out to suit your own choices.

Let me know if you have any problems, or find any mistakes!

QUICKSTART:

http://www.mediafire.com/file/xm9mke...quick.rar/file

To use this in game:
Extract the contents of the rar file to:

\Documents\Out of the Park Developments\OOTP Baseball 19\quickstart_games

Then when you start the game, select 'New Quickstart Game' and choose it from the list

SAVED GAME

If you're having trouble with the quickstart, here are two options to download as a saved game. Same method as above, except you need to extract to your saved games folder. The first option is a dropbox link to the direct folder, for those having trouble with the rar file:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/46exade6m...7DzCFbvba?dl=0

And also a link to the saved game rar file...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4gu34k...LB.lg.rar/file

Eddie420819 07-31-2018 11:27 PM

Hi. How do I put this into the game?

philthepat 08-01-2018 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie420819 (Post 4352311)
Hi. How do I put this into the game?

I've updated the original post with instructions :)

itsmb8 08-01-2018 03:33 AM

Would it be possible for you to .zip it? Or share the files in a dropbox? I cant open .rar on my Mac.

Orcin 08-01-2018 10:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
When I try to start the game from the Quickstart menu, I get this message. The "Create Game" option is grayed out.

Attachment 571333

There is no zip file to unpack as is the case for other quickstarts.

I was able to load the game by copying the contents of the extracted RAR folder to an empty lg folder created in my saved games directory, and then loading it as a normal saved game.

jparker2112 08-01-2018 02:46 PM

Im getting an error when i try to extract the file...dloaded it 3x ow and get "error extracting one of the files" and then poof it dies :(

hockey31 08-01-2018 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jparker2112 (Post 4352452)
Im getting an error when i try to extract the file...dloaded it 3x ow and get "error extracting one of the files" and then poof it dies :(

not sure. i downloaded it last night no problems. documents-ootp 19-unzip in quisckstart folder

JaBurns 08-01-2018 05:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orcin (Post 4352381)
When I try to start the game from the Quickstart menu, I get this message. The "Create Game" option is grayed out.

Attachment 571333

There is no zip file to unpack as is the case for other quickstarts.

I was able to load the game by copying the contents of the extracted RAR folder to an empty lg folder created in my saved games directory, and then loading it as a normal saved game.

I am getting the exact same error but don't have the savvy to figure out the way to put it into my saved games.

philthepat 08-01-2018 05:23 PM

That's a strange issue, not sure what is happening with that...

I'll upload a saved game too, for those having trouble.

mgom27 08-01-2018 05:32 PM

Nothing in RAR for me.

philthepat 08-01-2018 06:30 PM

Ok I've uploaded the saved game folder for this too... with two options (mediafire again and dropbox)

Hopefully this solves any problems some are having

mgom27 08-01-2018 07:18 PM

Now the Zip one is Coupled some how using Expresszip. Also Saved Game Rar is empty. Some who got Auto Save Folder to show with all.
Also notice all Staff/Personal not right because like Sterns not GM of Brewers. Also like Jimmy Nelson/Zack Davies/so on not on DL,Ryan Goins still on Royals not Phils Triple-A Team. Other mistakes but have happened since yesterday DL/DFA. Maybe Minor League moves.

TannerYoho 08-06-2018 06:33 PM

So when I try to start from the quick start menu it says something like "must be downloaded from server, visit the add on menu and download there" from what I've been able to figure out that means i'm not on the latest version of the game, however I'm not sure how to update the game (total cpu gamer noob) I validated the files on steam. Any help would be so awesome.

Oli987 08-10-2018 05:23 PM

I know this QS doesn't have real life stats and standings, but out of interest, is there a way of doing this?

philthepat 08-10-2018 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oli987 (Post 4355556)
I know this QS doesn't have real life stats and standings, but out of interest, is there a way of doing this?

Yes but it would take a LOT of work, as I'm sure you realize

Oli987 08-10-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by philthepat (Post 4355560)
Yes but it would take a LOT of work, as I'm sure you realize

I figured it would, but I'm not familiar with the process of how you'd go about doing it, and was wondering if there was a quick way I'd be able to upload real life results.

newyorkhitmen 12-10-2018 09:52 PM

I have tried every way listed and can not get it to work. I put it in the saved games folder but what file in there do I click to upload?