OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Dynasty Reports (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   DELMARVA Baseball League - WBC Tourney (2039) (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=286595)

illeracula 03-21-2018 12:20 PM

DELMARVA Baseball League - WBC Tourney (2039)

1 Attachment(s)
A World Baseball Classic DelMarVa Baseball League Style
As a second spin-off from my DelMarVa Baseball League I will be running my second World Baseball Classic type of tournament. I created the regions to make the tourney a little more competitive, trying to balance the "world" and the US power. So, there will be 4 teams from the US and 8 teams from different country or regions.

The format of the tournament will be the same as the 2037 versions, 3 groups, each group will have 4 teams. The teams will play each other 3 times, for a total of 6 games. The winner of the groups will move forward to the single elimination tree. Since, I needed 1 more team I decided to add a wild-card game. The wild card teams will be the top-2 teams from the remaining 9 teams. If there is a tie there will be a playoff game to determine who moves on. This is what happened time year a 3-way tie for the final wild-card slot. It made the play-in a little more exciting.

The 6 teams moving on to a single elimination style tournament, will be seeded based on winning percentage, with the 2 wild-card teams, playing an extra game to see who will play the #1 seed. The winner of the single elimination tourney will be crowned the champion.

League Notes: This is the DBL as of 11/25/2039, I made a copy of the league so I don't interfere with my off-season, and I removed all injuries, and fatigue just so everyone is ready.

There are 30-man rosters and the DH will be used.

Now on to the tourney breakdown

Group A: United States
Team 1 is Team USA - DelMarVa, which consists of players from the original 3-states of the DBL, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia, and DC.
Team 2 is Team USA - North England, which is basically New England along with New York. The abbreviation NE is sometimes confused as New England. The states: Connecticut, Maine, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, New York, Rhode Island, and Vermont.
Team 3 is Team USA - East, which consists a mix of states from PA to FL: Alabama, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Mississippi, New Jersey, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, West Virginia
Team 4 is Team USA - West, which consists of the rest of the states: Alaska, Arizona, Arkansas, California, Colorado, Hawaii, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, New Mexico, North Dakota, Oklahoma, Oregon, South Dakota, Texas, Utah, Washington, Wisconsin and Wyoming

Group B: Americas/Caribbean
Team 1 is South America, which consists of mostly of players from Venuzuela, and a few from Colombia.
Team 2 is the Domincan Republic, this team is made of all Dominican players.
Team 3 is Puerto Rico, a team made up of all Puerto Rican players and other Caribbean territories.
Team 4 is Central America - Mexico, which consists mostly of Mexican and Panamanian players, with some other from Nicaragua and Cost Rica.

Group C: Europe/Asia
Team 1 is Asia and Africa, this team consists primarily of Japanese players, but there are some from Korea and Taiwan as well.
Team 2 is Canada and Europe, this team consists of players from Canada and a few from Germany and Italy.
Team 3 is Cuba and Russia, which is made up of all Cuban players and one Russian (I think).
Team 4 is Dutch Territories and Australia, which is made up of primarily of players from Australia with other players from the Nederlands, Curacao, Netherlands Antilles, Aruba and St Martin.

I put the USA teams in the same bracket thinking they would dominate but looking at the rosters, I am not 100% sure that will happen, as Team Dominican and Team Puerto Rico isn't as "awesome" as they were last season as I removed USA as one of their territories (what an oversight failure)...

In 2037 Team USA - New England surprisingly took down Team Puerto Rico 4-3 in the final last running. Last years MVP was Tyrone Jackson who played for Team Puerto Rico, but this season he won't be suiting up for the tourney. I am not sure why, but I guess Bermuda isn't represented and since he doesn't have a "home town" in the USA he wasn't eligible. Sort of stinks, but it is what it is, I will make sure 2041 is different.

I will be managing Team USA - DelMarVa.

Now onto the teams and player introductions...

illeracula 03-21-2018 02:47 PM

Team USA - DelMarVa

1 Attachment(s)
First up the team I will be taking the reins of the Team USA - DelMarVa team. We took a Wild Card slot last season, but list the Wild Card game 1-0 to Puerto Rico. I have a feeling we should be able to do similar this year.

We will have some familiar players this tourney returning from 2037. What does that mean? What I do know is we are a better team this year than we were 2 years ago.

Top Pitcher: Gabino Miller (Richmond Cardinals)
Top Hitter: Gary Curran (Wilmington Iron Pigs)

5-Star Players: 1
4+ Star Players: 6
3+ Star Players: 5

I am not sure what my lineup will look like, but the starters most likely will be:
Line-up:
C Elwood Krause (Seaford Blue Jays)
1B Chance Capers (Newark Millers)
2B Jon Fleming (Cape May Beacons)
3B Alan Carson (Norfolk Cavaliers)
SS Bob Mortin (Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs)
LF Gary Curran (Wilmington Iron Pigs)
CF Mookie Wallstreet (Christiana Blue Hens)
RF Mikel Wallstreet (Martinsburg Mountaineers)
DH Jimmy Moore (Free-Agent)

SP Gabino Miller (Richmond Cardinals)
SP Ernie Kennedy (Georgetown Sixteens)
SP Joey Wood (Richmond Cardinals)
SP Tony Hill (Georgetown Sixteens)
SP Jorge Tovar (Martinsburg Mountaineers)

SU Tom Watson (Chadds Ford Cannons)
SU Dave Corbin (Free-Agent)
CL Alvin Richardson (Chadds Ford Cannons)

The only players I have representing my Chadds Ford Cannons are back-up catcher Kyle Glendinwyn and pitches Alvin Richardson, Tom Watson, and Bob Bradford.

Key players returning from 2037 include SP Jorge Tovar, DH Jimmy Moore, OF Mark Hayes, and 2B Jon Fleming.

2037 WBC Outcome: 4-2 during Round-Robin, Won Wild Card play-in game, lost to Puerto Rico

illeracula 03-21-2018 02:57 PM

Team USA - East

1 Attachment(s)
Team USA - East is a power house and should contend again this season. In 2037 East lost in the Wild Card play-in game, but things should go differently this year. This is a team to watch.

Top Pitcher: Shawn Bell (Chesapeake Blue Crabs)
Top Hitter: Gabriel Castellanos (Washington Senators)

5-Star Players: 7
4+ Star Players: 8
3+ Star Players: 8

Line-up:
C Gabriel Castellanos (Washington Senators)
1B Fred Harmon (Christiana Blue Hens)
2B Peter Mrdja (Free-Agent)
3B Woody Hull (King George Royals)
SS Ryan Hunt (King George Royals)
LF Marcos Nunez (Balitmore Barons)
CF Shawn Wilson (Balitmore Barons)
RF Andew Guerin (Chesapeake Blue Crabs)
DH Christian Hall (Milford Brewers)

SP Martin Beaulieu (Newark Millers)
SP Anthony Sinclair (Washington Senators)
SP Carl Powell (Milton Brewers)
SP Eric Doyle (Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs)
SP Robbie Kelly (Free-Agent)

SU Cullen Wilder (Annapolis Admirals)
SU Tim Meyers (Free-Agent)
CL Cy Head (Seaford Blue Jays)

There won't be any players representing Chadds Ford on this team, but there are a few names that may ring a bell: Mark Moyer, Tim Meyers and Joey Hamrick.

2037 WBC Outcome: 4-2 during Round-Robin. Lost Wild-card play-in 5-2 to DelMarVa

illeracula 03-21-2018 03:07 PM

Team USA - New England

1 Attachment(s)
Team USA - New England is wearing gold this year to show off their title from 2037 and their winning spirit. They should have just as good of a team this tourney and should be listed as the team to beat.

Top Pitcher: Hugh Duncan (Martinsburg Mountaineers)
Top Hitter: 1B Manuel Vazquez (King George Royals)

5-Star Players: 6
4+ Star Players: 14

Line-up:
C Marvin Garrett (Free-Agent)
1B Manuel Vazquez (King George Royals)
2B Logan McJannett (Wilmington Iron Pigs)
3B John Minor (Washington Senators)
SS Jim Shelton (Christiana Blue Hens)
LF Brent West (Ocean City Tourists)
CF Maxmillion Wallstreet (Wilmington Iron Pigs)
RF Dave McGinnity (Wilmington Iron Pigs)
DH Howard Gray (Seaford Blue Jays)

SP Hugh Duncan (Martinsburg Mountaineers)
SP Scott Vanciny (Free-Agent)
SP Jose Hernandez (Baltimore Barons)
SP Aaron McComb (Chesapeake Blue Crabs)
SP Jorge Valverde (Cape May Beacons)
** Three starters have won a Golden Arm Award and I won't be surprised if Vanciny wins his in a year or two. This is going to be a TOUGH team to beat.

SU Tim Lynch (Lewes Braves)
SU Leland Baker (Milford Clippers)
CL Robert Galloway (New Castle Colonials)

Only one player that I see in Chadds Ford will be playing for New England and that is Murray Wallstreet. He should get some playing time as a back-up at multiple positions.

2037 WBC Outcome: 4-2 During Round-Robin, Won Division in Playoff, won tourney beating Team Cuba (9-2) and Team Puerto Rico (4-3) for the title.

illeracula 03-21-2018 03:18 PM

Team USA - West

1 Attachment(s)
Team USA - West is out for revenge in 2039, after a dismal showing in 2037. In 2037 they were one of two teams not to win a game and this year they want to prove they should be feared. The jury is still out on that, but as everyone is 0-0 right now you can't count them out yet.

Top Pitcher: Bob Davis (Milford Clippers)
Top Hitter: 3B Steven Hodge (Chesapeake Blue Crabs)

4+ Star Players: 11
3+ Star Players: 9

Line-up:
C Chris Watson (Harrington Ponies)
1B Richard Forbes (Fruitland Ports)
2B Melvin Wallstreet (Washington Senators)
3B Steven Hodge (Chesapeake Blue Crabs)
SS Rodney Byrd (Free-Agent)
LF Julio Casanes (Free-Agent)
CF Ray Crowe (Free-Agent)
RF Phil Davis (Free-Agent)
DH Brian Battle (Free-Agent)

SP John Smith (Free-Agent)
SP Emilio Medine (Norfolk Cavaliers)
SP Bob Davis (Milford Clippers)
SP Daniel Allen (New Castle Colonials)
SP Dustin Harris (Free-Agent)

SU Carl Oulton (Chesapeake Blue Crabs)
SU Eddy Stephens (Wilmington Iron Pigs)
CL Buck Schaefer (Free-Agent)

1B/3B Eugene Todd is the only current Cannons player on the West squad, but there are a lots of ex-Cannons on this team including Melvin Wallstreet, Howard Porter, Julio Casanes, Phil Davis, Matt Douglas, Carl Oulton, Oscar Robinson, and Robert Shepherd.

Only one player that I see in Chadds Ford will be playing for New England and that is Murray Wallstreet. He should get some playing time as a back-up at multiple positions.

2037 WBC Outcome: 0-6 During Round-Robin. Only USA - West and Central America went winless.

illeracula 03-21-2018 03:32 PM

Team South America

1 Attachment(s)
Team South America didn't make it out of the round robin last tourney, but they have a high wishes for 2039 and I wouldn't be surprsed if they compete with Puerto Rico or DR for a Wild Card slot.

Top Pitcher: Sancho Acevedo (Baltimore Barons)
Top Hitter: LF Lorenzo Montoya (Christiana Blue Hens)

5-Star Players: 2
4+ Star Players: 10
3+ Star Players: 7

Line-up:
C Jose Matos (Chadds Ford Cannons)
1B Manuel Miranda (Washington Senators)
2B Jose Marroquin (New Castle Colonials)
3B Tomas Murillo (Richmond Cardinals)
SS Antonio Guillen (Ocean City Tourists)
LF Lorenzo Montoya (Christiana Blue Hens)
CF Salvador Espinoza (Washington Senators)
RF Jorge Munoz (New Castle Colonials)
DH Oliver Ramos (Free-Agent)

SP Sancho Acevedo (Baltimore Barons)
SP Fernando Fareles (Lewes Braves)
SP Jesus Cruz (Baltimore Barons)
SP Enrique Acevedo (Baltimore Barons)
SP Victor Galindo (Cape May Beacons)

SU Tomas Hernandez (New Castle Colonials)
SU Juan Avila (Free-Agent)
CL Gonzalo Bustamante (Ellicott City Express)

Two Cannons will done the South America colors and that is Juan Monjardim and Jose Matos both natives of Venezuela

2037 WBC Outcome: 2-4 During Round-Robin.

illeracula 03-21-2018 05:44 PM

Team Central America

1 Attachment(s)
In 2037 Central America came out an lost every game they played. Team Captain Ricardo Gonzalez has come out and said that will NOT happen again even if it means he has to pitch every game... We will see what happens.
One big change for Central America Mexico is that Mexico is now prominent on their logo and they will be wearing a Mexico patch. A few of the Mexicans don't believe Mexico is in Central America and wanted some distinction.

Top Pitcher: Ricardo Gonzalez (Milford Clippers)
Top Hitter: OF Pedro Diaz (Chadds Ford Cannons)

4+ Star Players: 1

Line-up:
C Daniel Hernandez (Cape May Beacons, AA)
1B Jose Castillo (Chadds Ford Cannons, Short-Season A)
2B Jose Alvarez (Georgetown Sixteens, AA)
3B Francisco Villalobos (Free-Agent)
SS Jose Barriors (Dover Generals)
LF Hector Mendez (Free-Agent)
CF Alonso Aguirre (Free-Agent)
RF Pedro Diaz (Chadds Ford Cannons)
DH Roberto Flores (Free-Agent)

SP Ricardo Gonzalez (Milford Clippers)
SP Luis Ventura (Fruitland Ports)
SP Jose Lopez (Free-Agent)
SP Hector Hernandez (Martinsburg Mountaineers)
SP Miguel Santos (Free-Agent)

SU Sancho Castro (Free-Agent)
SU Raul Gonzalez (Free-Agent)
CL Alejando Heredia (Harrington Ponies)

Just two Chadds Ford players, and that is including the Short-Season A-ball player Castillo.

For this team to win they will need their pitching to carry the game.

2037 WBC Outcome: 0-6 During Round-Robin. One of 2 teams to lose every game.

illeracula 03-21-2018 06:03 PM

Team Dominican Republic

1 Attachment(s)
Team Dominican Republic was picked to win it all last time, or at least to content and they didn't disappoint going 6-0 during the round robin. They ended up getting knocked out in the Semi-finals by the Wild Card Puerto Rico, which they beat 2-times during the round robin. In 2039 they are out to avenge their earlier departure and win it all!

Top Pitcher: Felipe Moreno (Seaford Blue Jays)
Top Hitter: OF Rafael Estrada (Baltimore Barons)

5-Star Players: 3
4+ Star Players: 15
3+ Star Players: 9

Line-up:
C Hector Pagan (Lewes Braves)
1B Juan Morales (Ellicott City Express)
2B Jose Huerta (Free-Agent)
3B David Gonzalez (Georgetown Sixteens)
SS Ignacio Coronado (Martinsburg Mountaineers)
LF Felipe Quintana (Georgetown Sixteens)
CF Octavio Lopez (Seaford Blue Jays)
RF Rafael Estrada (Baltimore Barons)
DH Jesus Hernandez (Washington Senators)

SP Jose Lerma (Lewes Braves)
SP Juan Gonzalez (Annapolis Admirals)
SP Armando Santos (Ellicott City Express)
SP Pablo Gonzalez (Ellicott City Express)
SP Juan Cuesta (Chadds Ford Cannons)

SU Oliver Nunez (Free-Agent)
SU Andres Ortiz (Baltimore Barons)
CL Jose Santos (Chadds Ford Cannons)

Two Chadds Ford players will be represented on the Dominican team, both pitches Jose Santos and Juan Cuesta.

This team is loaded and ready to take the crown. They should be the favorites to win the Americas/Carribean Division again.

2037 WBC Outcome: 6-0 During Round-Robin (only team). Lost to Puerto Rico 3-0 in Semi-Finals.

illeracula 03-21-2018 06:16 PM

Team Puerto Rico

1 Attachment(s)
Team Puerto Rico was stacked last year due a violation in the region selection process, which allowed any American to play for them. This year however they had to adhere to a penalty, they fought it, but lost their appeal, where they were the last roster to be finalized, which gave players with another nationality the chance to go somewhere else... so this season they aren't as powerful but they still should be able to contend.

Top Pitcher: Alfonso Andrade (Free-Agent)
Top Hitter: 3B Rafael Ramirez (Annapolis Admirals)

5-Star Players: 0
4+ Star Players: 3
3+ Star Players: 3

Line-up:
C Jorge Garza (Milford Clippers, AA)
1B Luis Figueroa (Norfolk Cavaliers)
2B Augusto Ramos (Chadds Ford Cannons, AAA)
3B Pedro Velasquez (Dover Generals)
SS Jose Caballero (Harpers Ferry Raiders)
LF Clemente Lucarelli (Newark Millers)
CF Miguel Cueto (Ocean City Tourists, AA)
RF Jose Fernandez (Harrington Ponies)
DH Rafael Ramirez (Annapolis Admirals)

SP Carlos Velez (Fruitland Ports)
SP Rafael Rosario (Ocean City Tourists)
SP Edgardo Montoya (King George Royals)
SP Alfonso Andrade (Free-Agent)
SP Jose Diaz (King George Royals)

SU Jose Garcia (Lewes Braves)
SU Edgar Longoria (Milton Brewers, AAA)
CL Jose Anaya (King George Royals)

The lone Chadds Ford player represented on Team Puerto Rico is 2B Augusto Ramos. I will be keeping an eye on him as he maybe fighting for a roster slot in 2040.

2037 WBC Outcome: 4-2 During Round-Robin. Won Wild-Card play-in, won wild card, upset Team DR in Semi-Finals and fell to Team USA - New England in the title game.

illeracula 03-21-2018 06:30 PM

Team Canada Europe

1 Attachment(s)
Team Canada Europe had a little make over this year, and are now including blue for the Europe players. This yeras team will be represented with 5-Germans and 1-Italian, but they do plan on bringing in more next season as baseball is becoming more attractive overseas.

Team Canada Europe will have a tough bracket to get out of this year, but they have faith as they surprised last year hanging in their till the end.

Top Pitcher: Cal Lawton (Milford Clippers)
Top Hitter: OF Ulbrecht Gette (Martinsburg Mountaineers)

4+ Star Players: 2
3+ Star Players: 0

Line-up:
C Alton Howard (Free-Agent)
1B Evan Gowing (Free-Agent)
2B Rick Tippett (Newark Millers)
3B Harry Cummings (Wilmington Iron Pigs, Short-A)
SS Jimmy Dye (Chesapeake Blue Crabs)
LF Pete Wyman (Norfolk Cavaliers)
CF Leone Lanfranchi (Cape May Beacons)
RF Joe Brennen (Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs)
DH Ulbrecht Gette (Martinsburg Mountaineers)

SP Cal Lawton (Milford Clippers)
SP Brett Andre (Washington Senators)
SP Gallin Krall (Chadds Ford Cannons)
SP Greyson Jacques (Free-Agent)
SP Ward Hapgood (Free-Agent)

SU Jeremy Wallace (Cape May Beacons)
SU Tannor Cote (Cape May Beacons)
CL Henning Bonner (Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs)

The only 2 Cannons on this team is SP Gallin Krall of Germany, and Jude Winchester (S-A) of Canada. Winchester is a 23-year-old and just joined our organization as a 4th round pick in 2037.

2037 WBC Outcome: 3-3 Round Robin.

illeracula 03-21-2018 07:36 PM

Team Asia - Africa

1 Attachment(s)
Team Asia - Africa comes into the tourney with redemption on their mind. They aren't happy they didn't win their group last year, so this year their goal is to take down Cuba as the returning division winner and make it the second round.

Top Pitcher: Nobukazu Higashi (Free-Agent)
Top Hitter: OF Ichizo Nii (Lewes Braves)

4+ Star Players: 4
3+ Star Players: 8

Line-up:
C Pung-cho Kang (Free-Agent)
1B Yasushi Fujimoto (Free-Agent)
2B Jin Miyamoto (Seaford Blue Jays)
3B Kang-min Yun (Georgetown Sixteens)
SS Teh-Huai Tao (Milford Clippers)
LF Ogai Takahashi (Chadds Ford Cannons)
CF Takamuku Shibata (Norfolk Cavaliers)
RF Ichizo Nii (Lewes Braves)
DH Naoaki Okubo (Georgetown Sixteens)

SP Nobukazu Higashi (Free-Agent)
SP Shusasku Yamasaki (Free-Agent)
SP Kikau Sato (Free-Agent)
SP Norishige Ueda (Fruitland Ports)
SP Takeshi Onishi (Christiana Blue Hens)

SU Sung-il Kwon (Free-Agent)
SU Nori Suzuki (Martinsburg Mountaineers)
CL Yasunobu Ito (Free-Agent)

Only Ogai Takahashi wears Chadds Ford colors during the regular season. But if any of these free-agents come to the DBL I will have to keep an eye out for them.

2037 WBC Outcome: 3-3 Round Robin, which was a disappointment for Team Asia. They do have plans to go much further, and really should.

illeracula 03-21-2018 07:53 PM

Team Dutch Territories and Australia

1 Attachment(s)
Team Dutch Territories and Australia are out to make some noise. They are a sleeper in this tourney and should be able to do better than their 1-5 performance in 2037.

Top Pitcher: Travis Abadee (Free-Agent)
Top Hitter: C Gabriel Krook (Free-Agent)

5-Star Players: 0
3+ Star Players: 2

Line-up:
C Gabriel Krook (Free-Agent)
1B Melvin Rijsdijk (Free-Agent)
2B Tuene de Meij (Norfolk Cavaliers, A)
3B Wendel van Halen (Ocean City Tourists)
SS Wladimir Bonis (Cape May Beacons)
LF Rob Middelkoop (Ocean City Tourists)
CF Rick Budd (Lewes Braves)
RF Lowie Priday (Chadds Ford, A)
DH Samuel Darcy (Free-Agent)

SP Travis Abadee (Free-Agent)
SP Theo Bomas (Chadds Ford)
SP Rodney Glatz (Ellicott City Express)
SP Jean van Amersfoort (Chadds Ford, AA)
SP Andy Albrecht (Lewes Braves)

SU Reynold Libbinga (Christiana Blue Hens)
SU Adrie Williams (Chadds Ford Cannons, AAA)
CL Blake Ballard (Free-Agent)

Lowie Priday, who I haven't had eyes on in my organization, Theo Bomas, Jean van Amersfoort, and Adrie Williams are a Chadds Ford rep, and our ex-AAA Outfielder Russell Worsfold will be playing for the Dutch/Australia team.

2037 WBC Outcome: 1-5 in Round Robin, out to win at least 3 this year.

illeracula 03-21-2018 08:13 PM

Team Cuba - Russia

1 Attachment(s)
Team Cuba Russia cruised through the round robin portion and claimed the division title, surprising everyone. The ended losing in the Semi-Finals to Team USA - New England 9-2, which ended their run. They believe they are stocked up and could do even better this year. I think they have a powerful offense and could end up in the finals, if pitching can perform.

Ivchenko Gasper Dystra is the only player from Russia and Dennis Gomez is an American but a Cuban second nationality.

Top Pitcher: Jose Velasquez (Free-Agent)
Top Hitter: Jesus Vazquez (Lewes Braves)

5-Star Players: 3
3+ Star Players: 2

Line-up:
C Lorenzo Liriano (Free-Agent)
1B Juan Negron (Harpers Ferry Raiders)
2B Dennis Gomez (Dover Generals)
3B Jesus Vazquez (Lewes Braves)
SS Cristobal Cuevas (Milton Brewers)
LF Andres Hernandez (Free Agent)
CF Ivchenko Dykstra (Annapolis Admirals)
RF Juan Hernandez (Free-Agent)
DH Martin Martinez (Georgetown Sixteens)

SP Julio Rocha (Free-Agent)
SP Victor Guzman (Fruitland Ports)
SP Jose Velasquez (Free-Agent)
SP Andres Musquez (Christiana Blue Hens, AAA)
SP Jorge Corona (Annapolis Admirals, AAA)

SU Antonio Mendez (Free-Agent)
SU Angelo Salazar (Free-Agent)
CL Jorge Matos (Virginia Beach Surf Dawgs)

No Chadds Ford Reps on this team and I don't even recognize anyone. I do know I made offers to a few of these guys, but didn't have much luck.

2037 WBC Outcome: 5-1 in Round Robin, Lost to Team USA - New England during the Semi-Finals.

illeracula 03-23-2018 11:38 AM

Day 1 - Schedule

1 Attachment(s)
Day one of the second DBL-WBC tourney with 6-games on the docket. Teams our out to prove they are the best in the world, while USA - New England is ready to defend their title. I am ready to kick things off and lets see what happens.

In Group A Team USA - New England kicks off their defense of the 2037 title against Team USA - DelMarVa with Gabino Miller taking on Hugh Duncan. And the other game pits Team USA - West vs Team USA - East, with West trying to win for the first time in the DBLWBC. They throw John Smith against Martin Beaulieu.

In Group B the group favorite Dominican Rupublic send Jose Lerma to the hill and face off against South America and Sancho Acevedo. While Team Puerto Rico will try to return to glory with Carlos Velez taking on Team Central America/Mexico and super-star Ricardo Gonzalez.

In Group C The Dutch Territories/Australia send Travis Abadee up against Asia and Nobukazu Higashi. Team Asia has a lot to prove this year. The defending group champion Cuba come in a strong team than 2037 and send Julio Rocha up against Cal Lawton and Team Canada/Europe.

We are ready to go!!

In 2037 Gabino Miller go the ball in Game 1 and this year he will be doing the same. He has a lot of presure on him today facing off against the defending champs. Our lineup is looking pretty tough at least 1-7. We do have some returning faces which is exciting:

LF Gary Curran (S)
CF Mookie Wallstreet (L)
1B Chance Capers (L)
C Elwood Krause
DH Jimmy Moore (L)
RF Mikel Wallstreet
3B Alan Carson (S)
2B Jon Fleming (S)
SS Bob Morton

Moore, Carson, and Fleming are returning starters from 2037, but this team is strong now so I am excited with our chances against the ace Hugh Duncan.

illeracula 03-23-2018 12:17 PM

Day 1 - Results

2 Attachment(s)
Team USA - DelMarVa Recap
What a way to start the tourney. The teams nerves showed in the first inning with DelMarVa committing 3-errors, their only of the game, and New England committing 1. Each team scored 1 in the first and then the starting pitching found their groove and dominated the offense. In the 7th DelMarVa would take the lead with a 2-out single by Mookie Wallstreet, the 3rd single of the inning. But that lead didn't last long when Maxmillion Wallstreet, of team New England, would answer back with a solo-shot in the 8th. In the 9th, with Bob Bradford on the hill for DelMarVa, Team New England would take the lead on a walk to Brent West, a wild pitch, and a single by Howard Gray. Down to their last out PH Matt Fotenot singled to left, he was replaced with speed at first Melvin Butler, Gary Curran stroked a double to the left-field wall and Butler came around to score to tie the game and go into extra's! In the 11th Team New England took the lead with a lead-off HR by Jarred Martin. But Team DelMarVa didn't give up. Mikel Wallstreet singled to lead-off the 11th. Alan Carson bunted him to second. John Smith struck out. With 2-outs Melvin Butler, swinging the bat for the first time, battled John Wood, on the 6th pitch of the at-bat, a 2-2 pitch, Melvin Butter slugged a game-winning-walk-off-two-run-homerun!!! The crowd went crazy. What a first day!

Hugh Duncan went 7.2 innings, allowing 8 hits, 2 runs, a walk and struck out 10, while Howard Gray, Max Wallstreet, John Minor, and Brent West each picked up 2 hits for Team New England.

Gary Curran: 3-5, 2 2B, R, RBI
Mikel Wallstreet: 2-4, R
Mookie Wallstreet: 2-5, 2B, RBI
Melvin Butler: 1-1, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI
Gabino Miller: 7.0 IP, 7 H, R, 0 ER, 2 BB, 6 K
Dave Corbin (1-0): 2.1 IP, 2 H, R, 2 K
H: 12, LOB: 7

Game Recaps:
Team USA - West won their first every tourney game thanks to a strong pitching performance by John Smith. Smith went 5.1 innings, allowing 1 run, on 5 hits, while striking out 3. Julio Casanes delieved a bit 2-run double in the 3rd.

Team USA - DelMarVa fought their way back from a 3-error first inning, to win in walk-off fashion thanks to a light-hitting infielder Melvin Butler. They were down to their last out two times during the game, but Team USA - New England couldn't shut the door.

Team South America showed they are here to make a name for themselves taking down defending group champion Dominican Republic, 7-6. Team South America exploded for 6-runs in the 3rd on 4 hits, 2 walks and 2 errors.

Team Puerto Rico, out to prove themselves, took home a big win against Central America/Mexico in extra-inning, walk-off fashion. Three singles in the 10th gave them the big first game W.

Team Cuba kept on winning during the tourney taking down Canada Europe 6-2 thanks to HR's by Dennis Gomez and Lorenzo Liriano.

Team Asia got off to a solid start taking down Dutch/Australia 8-3. SP Nobukazu Higashi looked strong over 6.1 allowing just 1 run on 3 hits, while striking out 5.

illeracula 03-23-2018 11:07 PM

Day 2 - Schedule

2 Attachment(s)
It will be hard to top the late inning heroics of Day 1 which included 2 extra-inning walk-offs. Will Day 2 be up for the challenge? In a short series anything is possible!

In Group A, the winners take on each other as Team USA - DelMarVa takes on Team USA - West with with Ernie Kennedy facing off against Emilio Medine. In the other match-up, its as much of a must-win game as there can be on day 2 as Team USA - East take on Team USA - New England, with Anthony Sinclair going up against Scott Vanciny.

In Group B Dominican Republic will try to avoid losing 2-in-a-row against Team Central America/Mexico, who is also 0-1. Juan Gonzalez of the DR goes up against Luis Ventura of CAM. Puerto Rico and South America get a day off.

In Group C The Dutch Territories/Australia look to get a W against Team Canada/Europe. Both teams are trying to avoid going 0-2. Brett Andre of Canada will face Theo Bomas of the Netherlands. In what is being booked as one of the biggest games of the day Team Cuba and Victor Guzman will host Team Asia and Shusaku Yamasaki. This is a big game for Team Asia as they want to prove they are the team beat in 2039.

Ernie Kennedy is on the hill for us today, going up against Emilio Medine. My team doesn't have much experience against Medine with the exception of Jimmy Moore who is 3-9 against him. The line has been changed a little for Game 2.

LF Gary Curran (S)
RF Mikel Wallstreet (L)
DH Jimmy Moore (L)
C Elwood Krause
CF Mookie Wallstreet
1B Chance Capers (L)
3B Melvin Butler
2B Jon Fleming (S)
SS Bob Morton

Melvin Butler will get the start today after playing so well in Game 1. If I had to say we had a weakness it would be our IF'ers (2B, 3B, and SS), other than that I think we have a pretty tight team... When you are only playing 6-games and you have win the round-robin every game is a must-win and today is for sure. If we can get the W and be the only loss-less team in our division that would be HUGE.

Hopefully these guys are ready.

illeracula 03-23-2018 11:34 PM

Day 2 - Results

2 Attachment(s)
The game started off on a bad omen when Stephen Bentall would crush a 2-out fastball over the fence for a solo-HR in the first... but the bad sigh was Ernie Kennedy holding his arm and needing to be removed from the game. In came Tom Watson who struggled in the second giving up a run, but dominated the next 8-innings for the win. The DelMarVa offense was relentless scoring runs in the 2nd and 3rd, 4 in the 4th and 2 more in the 6th to put the game out of hand. The hero was Gary Curran whose 3-run HR in the 4th gave the DelMarVa squad breathing room and allowed Tom Watson to find his groove.

Oscar Robinson pitched 5.1 innings of relief allowing 3 runs on 3 hits and 3 walks, Stephen Bentall went 2-4, with a HR, Julio Casanes added 2 singles and 2-runs, and Melvin Wallstreet went 3-4, with a 2-run HR in the 9th, scoring once and driving in 3 for Team USA - West.

Gary Curran: 2-4, HR (1), 3 R, 3 RBI
Mikel Wallstreet: 1-4, HR (1), 2 R, 2 RBI
Elwood Krause: 2-5, RBI
Chance Capers: 2-5, RBI
Melvin Butler: 0-3, 2 R
Ernie Kennedy: 0.2 IP, H, R, Injury Pending
Tom Watson (1-0): 8.0 IP, 7 H, 3 R, BB, 4 K
H: 10, LOB: 8

Game Recaps:
Team USA - DelMarVa
lost their starting pitcher, but back-up Tom Watson shut down the bats of the opponent while the DelMarVa offense exploded for 9-runs, lead by Gary Curran.

Team USA - East beat the defending champs and sending the 0-2. Team USA - East hit 2 HR's (Fred Harmon & Mike Conner) while scoring 2-runs in the 1st, 4th, 6th and 8th.

Team Canada Europe got on the winning side of things thanks to a solid pitching performance by Brett Andre. Andre went 8 innings, allowing 6-hits and 1 run while striking out 9.

Team Central America/Mexico sent their opponent to an 0-2 record thanks to a solid pitching performance by Luis Ventura. Central America - Mexico scored 4-runs in the 2nd, including a solid HR by Daniel Hernandez. This was Central America - Mexico's first win in DBL history!

Team Asia proved their worth taking town defending division champ in a 4-3 nail bitter. HR's by Ichizo Nii and Pung-Cho Kang proved to be the difference, despite their pitching allowing 11-hits!

illeracula 03-25-2018 11:06 AM

Day 3 - Schedule

3 Attachment(s)
Day 3 has 5-games on the docket with Team USA - East and Team USA - North East getting the day off.

In Group A, Team USA - DelMarVa will take on Team USA - West again. Yesterday saw DelMarVa win big over team West, while team West will try to even things back up... A Team DelMarVa win will move them to 3-0, last years division winner won 4 games so they would be in good shape with 3 games left. Team USA West needs the W to stay in the running, losing more than 2-games may mean elimination in this division.

In Group B, Team Puerto Rico is back in action trying to go 2-0 against Central America - Mexico. Team Dominican Republic tries to avoid going 0-3, which could mean elimination against the 1-0 South America team and their ace Fernando Fareles... A Dominica Republic loss will most likely mean their chances are over, while South America and Puerto Rico both try to say undefeated.

In Group C, The Dutch Australian team faces off against Cuba/Russia as they try to avoid going 0-3. Team Asia tries to maintain perfection against Team Canada/Europe... The Dutch/Australia team look to avoid going winless in their first 3, as a loss could mean the end, while Asia tries to put space between Cuba/Russia and Canada/Europe.

SP Joey Wood will be on the hill for us today and he will be matched pitch-by-pitch by Team USA - West Bob Davis. We won yesterday with this line-up so I am going to go with the same line-up, why ruin a good thing?

LF Gary Curran (S)
RF Mikel Wallstreet (L)
DH Jimmy Moore (L)
C Elwood Krause
CF Mookie Wallstreet
1B Chance Capers (L)
3B Melvin Butler
2B Jon Fleming (S)
SS Bob Morton

A win puts us in very good shape for the round-robin portion of the tourney, a L isn't the end, but does leave us a longer harder road. Joey Wood is a good pitcher, so I am hoping he is ready to go. With the loss of Ernie Kennedy, we will need our other starters to pick him up.

G-Force 03-25-2018 11:23 AM

Cool idea!

GH

illeracula 03-25-2018 11:44 AM

Day 3 - Results

2 Attachment(s)
Team USA - West jumped out to 1-0 lead in the 2nd, but Team USA - DelMarVa answered right back in the bottom half. The game would remain tied 1-1 until the 6th, when Team USA - West would get their revenge for yesterday's L. A lead-off single got the inning started, and 2-run HR, following a run-scoring single gave the West a 4-1 lead. DelMarVa would answer with one in their half of the 6th. In the 9th West would put the game out of reach scoring 5-runs on 6-hits (5-singles) off of 4 DelMarVa pitchers. Team USA West takes home the 9-2 win ending DelMarVa's perfect bracket.

Bob Davis went 7.0 innings, allowing 2 runs on 9-hits and 2-walks, while striking out 4. Chris Watson drove in 2 with 2-hits, Mike Fritz collected 3-hits, including 2 doubles, while scoring and driving in 1, and Ray Crowe crushed a 2-run HR. Phil Davis and Rodney Byrd also added 2-hits for Team West.

Joey Wood (0-1): 6.0 IP, 6 H, 4 R, BB, 6 K
Andrew Clark: 0.0 IP, 2 H, 2 R
Gary Curran: 2-5
Jimmy Moore: 2-5
Mookie Wallstreet: 2-4, 2B, R
Melvin Butler: 2-4, R
H: 12, LOB: 10

Game Recaps:
Team USA - West got the big W, beating DelMarVa and putting themselves in a tie for first in the division at 2-1. Team USA - West didn't make the 2nd round last tourney looks to be a different team this year.

Team Central Amercia/Mexico upset Puerto Rico in a 12-inning marathon. A walk-off sac-fly in the 12th gave Central America/Mexico a HUGE win.

Team South Amercia remained undefeated (2-0) taking down last years power-house Team Dominican Republic. South America sits a half game ahead in their division. Dominican Republic went undefeated in round-robin player last year and this year sit at 0-3 and on the brink of elimination.

The Dutch Australian team out-slugged Team Cuba/Russia 13-11. A game that went back and forth the whole way. Samuel Darcy slugged 2-HRs, while Gabriel Krook and Jaak Groenendijk hit one each for the Dutch/Aussie squad.

Team Asia remained undefeated at 3-0 shutting out Team Canada/Europe 3-0. Team Asia scored 3-runs in the first, but it was all they needed to put themselves in the drivers seat of their division.