OOTP Developments Forums

OOTP Developments Forums (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//index.php)
-   OOTP Mods - Schedules (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//forumdisplay.php?f=3632)
-   -   Updated and new Schedules for 36 teams with Interleague (https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com//showthread.php?t=280892)

Kirby Paquette 08-16-2017 08:49 PM

Updated and new Schedules for 36 teams with Interleague

5 Attachment(s)
I have made a set of 6 Schedules for 36 teams with Interleague a few years ago. By cycling them through, you would play all the teams of the other league 2 times (home and away). But what I did not realize at that time, was that in your division after 6 seasons, you would have played more games against one team compared to the other four. To really get through a cycle, you need 30 seasons. Well... here they are!

I have revamped my 6 schedules and turn them into 30, cycling through Interleague and your division so the number of games are perfectly balanced.

I have made a few improvements in the Interleague compared to my old set. In the old set, you would always go through the teams in the same order, year after year. I have change that so it is more random but still, after 30 seasons, it will be all balanced.

Also, in the previous set, all the teams of one league would visit (or receive) the teams of the other league at the same time. I have corrected that a bit. While 6 teams visit, the other 12 play at home.

I tried to cut on the days where there is no baseball played, this is also a little improvement. It allowed me to add more games starting at "14:05" on Thursdays.

Finally, every Sunday there is a (random) game starting at "20:05" ...maybe you could watch on ESPN!!!

Kirby Paquette 08-16-2017 08:51 PM

5 Attachment(s)
5 more...

Kirby Paquette 08-16-2017 08:52 PM

5 Attachment(s)
another 5...

Kirby Paquette 08-16-2017 08:54 PM

5 again...

Kirby Paquette 08-16-2017 08:57 PM

5 Attachment(s)
16 to 20...

Kirby Paquette 08-16-2017 08:58 PM

5 Attachment(s)
21 to 25

Kirby Paquette 08-16-2017 08:59 PM

5 Attachment(s)
and 26 to 30

bwburke94 08-24-2017 02:47 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's a courtesy link to all schedules in one zip file. As always, I recommend 7zip if you're having trouble extracting the files.

As part of this pack, I've renamed the schedule files to the classic OOTP convention, because the SEASON_0001 file name format might lead to issues.

r0nster 08-28-2017 05:47 PM

I didn't see anything in other post ... Thought I saw it once but I no longer see it.

My question is IF I was to add ALL the schedules to the Schedule folder will the game automatically go to next schedule on file or do I need to tell the game to load next file ????

bwburke94 08-30-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by r0nster (Post 4229645)
My question is IF I was to add ALL the schedules to the Schedule folder will the game automatically go to next schedule on file or do I need to tell the game to load next file ????

It should, if you use the version in my .zip pack, but I haven't thoroughly tested it.

Déjà Bru 07-31-2023 10:59 PM

You guys will probably never see this post, coming as it is six years later, but here it is anyway: Thank you.

P.S. - I subsequently found your more recent work, so no have no concerns about that.

bailey 08-01-2023 11:36 AM

You won't believe this, but I had a sudden interest in 36 team schedules with this exact format! For you to pump this to the top is quite a coincidence.

Déjà Bru 08-03-2023 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bailey (Post 5028404)
You won't believe this, but I had a sudden interest in 36 team schedules with this exact format! For you to pump this to the top is quite a coincidence.

Glad to be of service! Be sure, though, to find the later stuff done by Kirby Paquette. At this point, he had published this 30-year rotation of interleague schedules which guaranteed every team from one subleague playing every team from the other, but he eventually went back to a single schedule based on the game's using random matchups if it encounters only one schedule that fits.

I am torn; I like the 30-year orderliness and comprehensiveness but one schedule that fits all is tidy. Especially if you have expansion or contraction in your league; each setup for a different number of teams would require another 30-year collection of schedules.

EDIT: I am talking about what he did here: https://forums.ootpdevelopments.com/....php?p=4880341